Celtics

Brown is the starting point for any deal for Durant, and they mention such a deal including Smart/Grant Williams. I wouldn't be inclined to trade Brown for Durant straight up. Durant is still an excellent player, but has built up an injury resume and is a mobile big man on the wrong side of 30.

Pass. Last year all we heard was that Brown and Tatum couldn't play together.
Everybody talks about Durants injury history. But ignore brown's messed up knee. I would do a Durant for brown straight up trade in a second. Brown isn't half the player Durant is.

Everybody talks about Durants injury history. But ignore brown's messed up knee. I would do a Durant for brown straight up trade in a second. Brown isn't half the player Durant is.
He is, right now, a notch below Durant. But he hasn't maxed out his potential yet, while Durant is already not close to the player he was. And move centers typically age very badly. I would suspect that next year will be another visible decline, and a sharp fall-oft shortly to follow.

After this coming year Brown will be BOTH a young stud AND an expiring contract. I expect that will be the peak of his value.

He is, right now, a notch below Durant. But he hasn't maxed out his potential yet, while Durant is already not close to the player he was. And move centers typically age very badly. I would suspect that next year will be another visible decline, and a sharp fall-oft shortly to follow.

After this coming year Brown will be BOTH a young stud AND an expiring contract. I expect that will be the peak of his value.
I don't agree. I think brown is what he's going to be. He still can't dribble and handle the ball. After all the practices. And all the games he's played. That speaks volumes. And he's got a very low bball IQ. he can't pass. He jumps in the air and has no idea what he's going to do with the ball. He constantly drives and spins into multiple defenders. Brown's entire game relies on his athleticism. He's 24 or 25. And he already has a bad knee. If he becomes what you think he will become. He will be playing for another team in 2 years. And I don't see durants skills just falling apart either. He's not in his 40s lol. And I don't agree that he's not close to the player he was. His stats this year show no drop off at all compared to previous years.

That's an interesting point.... we are assuming Brown will continue to improve. maybe he will, maybe he won't. I have no clue, but hope that Brad Steven's does.
Durant's age is a bit of a concern, but I see this as no more then 2 year thing anyway (if Celts made the trade). Durant will get wandering eyes again and/or wear out his welcome, but if Celts got a title out of it, so be it.

Because I think he's overrated. And they should trade him. While his value is high. And he's outta here in 2 years.

He’s not overrated at all. He’s a great player who is a legit #2. Now, if he truly thinks he’s a long-term #1, then that’s an issue. But I’ll take him , Tatum, Smart, RW, etc.

Don’t really want Durant for 1-2 years before al of those games and injuries catch up to him. Iff you can keep Brown for another 5-7, I’d much rather do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He’s not overrated at all. He’s a great player who is a legit #2.
I don't think so. A great player can dribble the ball, pass it and make good decisions. He plays great defense. And he can shoot. Ill give him that.

JD Davison signs a 2-way contract, so it looks like that hair will be getting at least some PT with the big club.

Last edited:
Those summer league games are more fun to watch than the league games.
The quantity of lob-dunks per game is fun.

From what I saw, Davison is better on offense than defense. You can learn defense.

I lost some love for JB in the finals, started looking a whole lot like Scary Terry. A healthy Durant coupled with a healthy JTate hangs a banner...make the move

Those summer league games are more fun to watch than the league games.
The quantity of lob-dunks per game is fun.

From what I saw, Davison is better on offense than defense. You can learn defense.
He had a nice breakout game offensively but his greatest strength is defense. That was really his first good game offensively, from a shooting perspective anyway, he was shooting under 40% before that. If he can develop a consistent outside shot he will be a great 2-way player. He's only 19 too, lots of time to grow.

The summer league has been fun so far. The 4th quarter of the Celtics/Bucks game was crazy, and what a shot by Matt Ryan to win it while getting injured. I have never seen anything like that before. I love watching the G-League too, there's so much talent in the NBA right now that it's overflowing in to that league making it a fun watch.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsAIyY1JdJQ&ab_channel=ChazNBA

I lost some love for JB in the finals, started looking a whole lot like Scary Terry. A healthy Durant coupled with a healthy JTate hangs a banner...make the move
I'm definitely a Tatum over Brown guy, but Brown outplayed Tatum in the finals. I don't think gutting the core of the team by trading both Brown and Smart(because that's what it will take), who were 2 wins from a championship, for an older superstar that couldn't get out of the first round with Kyrie at his side is the way to go. Plus they already have 2 guys with past injury problems with Brogdon and RW3, let's not add a 3rd. And all that depth that looks so good right now goes away and we are again relying on just the starters which didn't work so well last year. This team built right now, besides having the same starting 5 that took Boston to a championship series, is going to destroy other teams benches. Brogdon, Gallinari, and White are all legit starters coming off the bench.

I'm definitely a Tatum over Brown guy, but Brown outplayed Tatum in the finals. I don't think gutting the core of the team by trading both Brown and Smart(because that's what it will take), who were 2 wins from a championship, for an older superstar that couldn't get out of the first round with Kyrie at his side is the way to go. Plus they already have 2 guys with past injury problems with Brogdon and RW3, let's not add a 3rd. And all that depth that looks so good right now goes away and we are again relying on just the starters which didn't work so well last year. This team built right now, besides having the same starting 5 that took Boston to a championship series, is going to destroy other teams benches. Brogdon, Gallinari, and White are all legit starters coming off the bench.
All this right here.

Good post.

He’s not overrated at all. He’s a great player who is a legit #2. Now, if he truly thinks he’s a long-term #1, then that’s an issue. But I’ll take him , Tatum, Smart, RW, etc.

Don’t really want Durant for 1-2 years before al of those games and injuries catch up to him. Iff you can keep Brown for another 5-7, I’d much rather do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
If those 1-2 years bring a title it's worth it. The Lakers caught us, fortunately they don't look anywhere near contending for another one immediately.
Tatum was hurt, he's never shot that bad for that consistently long. I love JBrown but I've seen enough

I would love to see it. But it's looking more and more like Durant won't be going anywhere.

If those 1-2 years bring a title it's worth it. The Lakers caught us, fortunately they don't look anywhere near contending for another one immediately.

Tatum was hurt, he's never shot that bad for that consistently long. I love JBrown but I've seen enough
No one was 100%, but I'm not just talking about missing wide open shots and bunnies, the turnovers were mental mistakes and Tatum had over 20 in the Finals and100(!) throughout the playoffs. He was flat out terrible in the Finals for a player of his caliber, I'm not granting him the injury excuse. I just don't think those 2 were quite ready to beat a team with a championship pedigree like that, especially with as much pressure they had on them because no one else could really score, and they both just looked out of gas. They just added 30ppg to the bench without losing a single rotational player. Durant doesn't even want to come here, F that guy, who could only win a championship by joining a stacked team in his prime.

No one was 100%, but I'm not just talking about missing wide open shots and bunnies, the turnovers were mental mistakes and Tatum had over 20 in the Finals and100(!) throughout the playoffs. He was flat out terrible in the Finals for a player of his caliber, I'm not granting him the injury excuse. I just don't think those 2 were quite ready to beat a team with a championship pedigree like that, especially with as much pressure they had on them because no one else could really score, and they both just looked out of gas. They just added 30ppg to the bench without losing a single rotational player. Durant doesn't even want to come here, F that guy, who could only win a championship by joining a stacked team in his prime.
There's a difference between not being 100% and playing hurt the way Tatum was. At what point have you ever seen him miss not only the shots he was missing but how badly he was missing them.

JB needs to get his ass in the gym this summer and work on his handle. I love the guy, he's truly gifted, reminds me a lot of James Worthy. Now, clean it up.

Back