Celtics

And you as well Tommy Boy. Positivity and happy faces please. The Celtics re going all the way and you damn well know it.
Not if they play as sloppy as they did last night. Also, the refs - I don't usually harp on them but some of the calls both ways were head scratchers for sure

And Tatum will outscore all of them by a wide margin by the end of his career, so in the end, the 3s won't really matter.

And Tatum will outscore all of them by a wide margin by the end of his career, so in the end, the 3s won't really matter.
I'll take bird Pierce, havlieck and mchale over tatum. I don't care how many points he scores.

Last edited:
I'll take bird Pierce, havlieck and mchale over tatum. I don't care how many points he scores.
I'm not claiming he's better than any of those, just addressing the whining over the effect of 3 pointers on point totals. Though Tatum will easily be above McHale and Pierce by the time he retires, health permitting. Bird is a top 5 player ever so duh, and I'm not going to pretend I know anything about Havlicek outside of stats and limited highlights, I'm not that old, but people that are say the competition was a joke in those days.

C's without their 2nd and 3rd best scorers and still beat the 76ers. Amazing ball movement down the stretch, giving themselves wide open shot after wide open shot. Horford was a monster on D all night, and Jrue with some real timely defensive plays. White answering the bell when called upon as usual.

The Celtics are better without Brown. More on this to follow throughout the season.

I love the Jrue/White combo. I've been a full-on White backer since he arrived, and I'd admired Jrue from afar. I've been pleasantly surprised at how well they work together - that could have gone either way.

Impressive win last night, Horford, White and Tatum dropping bombs all night and the defense was stellar. That challenge in the 4th was icing on the cake, I wasn't sure they would win it but after watching the replay it was clear Jrue didn't foul him, good call from the bench and Joe.

I mean...he's already relegated to 4th banana when healthy...Still worth holding onto him for now, probably.
They don't have a choice. They are stuck with him. Until next off season. He really clogs everything up. When he's not turning the ball over.

They don't have a choice. They are stuck with him. Until next off season. He really clogs everything up. When he's not turning the ball over.
He should be playing like 15-20 minutes a game with Porzingis. He does one thing well, which is the pick and roll game with him, even though that doesn’t account for his joke defense and all the other problems with ball movement.

Last night was a thing of beauty with him out. Almost every player on the team has a higher net rating with Brown off the court (KP is the only one who improves.)

Hauser is a much better fit for the starting unit. He doesn’t get in anyone’s way, makes quick, decisive passes, and is a better shooter than Brown. Brown is incapable of making quick ball movement decisions and is too selfish to not look to score every time he touches the ball. On defense, last night there were five defenders playing helpside defense and crashing the boards instead of four.

I know they’re stuck with his contract but all statistical evidence and the eye test tells me they should severely reduce his playing time. His iso ball style made more sense when they had limited playmaking. With White and Holiday he just mucks everything up.

Back