Charger fan wishes the Pats good luck against the Jags

I guess you gotta enjoy it when you win one playoff game in what...13 years? Against the great Tennesee Titans, no less.

BoltsOwnU on 01-08-2008 at 02:28 PM said:
Ditto the Gaytriots. Whether we do it or Jax, BOU doesn't really care.;)

Jax has a shot because they'll play us this year. Your team will be playing golf by this time next week.:LOL:

Better luck nex year because I don't see you making it past Indy with Rivers pulling the trigger. :LOL:

Moebius on 01-08-2008 at 11:36 AM said:
Like your new sig pick there BOU. Of course we'll ignore the fact that he didn't make it in on the initial leap (as pictured) but instead got the knocked backwards and was only able to score because a teammate pushed him upright from behind (illegal move). Gotta love them classy Chargers. o:)

And just for kicks, was it the Titans' linebacker draped all over him giving him the "illegal" push?!?

Here's a good look, take your time now. . .
09000d5d805c9e48_gallery_600.jpg

Grasping at straws, sad.

I forget. If we play the Chargers, is this the revenge game for the playoff smackdown or the revenge for the revenge game for the playoff smackdown or is this the playoff revenge for the playoff smackdown or is this the playoff revenge game for revenge for the revenge game for the playoff smackdown?

I'm having trouble following all of these beatdowns we're supposed to be receiving for revenge. :LOL:

CleatMarks on 01-08-2008 at 12:22 PM said:
I forget. If we play the Chargers, is this the revenge game for the playoff smackdown or the revenge for the revenge game for the playoff smackdown or is this the playoff revenge for the playoff smackdown or is this the playoff revenge game for revenge for the revenge game for the playoff smackdown?

I'm having trouble following all of these beatdowns we're supposed to be receiving for revenge. :LOL:

It's not about revenge. It's about winning a Championship. Revenge is for the regular season and we blew that. Now, just in case you think BOU doesn't grasp this, or doesn't have a sense of humor. . .

motivator5904409.jpg

BoltsOwnU on 01-08-2008 at 03:27 PM said:
It's not about revenge. It's about winning a Championship. Revenge is for the regular season and we blew that. Now, just in case you think BOU doesn't grasp this, or doesn't have a sense of humor. . .

motivator5904409.jpg

:LOL:

I know you have a sense of humor. I'm just having fun with all the "revenge threads" I've seen over the last year on the main board. :LOL:

BoltsOwnU on 01-08-2008 at 02:51 PM said:
Last BOU checked, according to the rules you can not elevate the ball carrier or use another player to "climb up" for greater elevation (to bblock a fg for example). You can push your rb from behind all you like in a pile or on the ground. Recent scrums have been seen all over the nfl. . .

You can try to claim his forward progress was halted too, but he wasn't down, or even remotely in the grass. That TD was clean as a preacher's sheets, but still, you guys are cute.:LOL:

Oh yeah, and classy too. o:)

Better check the rules again Bolts.

According to the NFL Digest of Rules:
"No player on offense may assist a runner except by blocking for him."

Try again in Round 2

:D

Webslinger on 01-08-2008 at 12:37 PM said:
Better check the rules again Bolts.

According to the NFL Digest of Rules:
"No player on offense may assist a runner except by blocking for him."

Try again in Round 2

:D

Actually BOU just looked that up too. He wonders how that wasn't applied to a host of scrum-like running plays we saw this season. However, insofar as the TD play in question goes, it's irrlevant. (See above).

Next straw?

They never call it. I'm sure that Polian will bring it up for the competition committee if the Chargers try that this week and win. :LOL:

I don't think Philip Rivers has the ability to step up and win this game.

Without Gates I'd expect Sanders to play the whole game in the box to take away LdT and I just don't see Rivers pulling your asses out of the fire.

Good luck anyways.

BoltsOwnU on 01-08-2008 at 02:15 PM said:
And just for kicks, was it the Titans' linebacker draped all over him giving him the "illegal" push?!?

Here's a good look, take your time now. . .
09000d5d805c9e48_gallery_600.jpg

Grasping at straws, sad.

Oh gee, you're right man. I'm grasping at straws, especially since I commented in another thread that the TD in no way altered the outcome of the game. And after looking at your picture, I really must congratulate you on those Bolt Colored glasses. Let's try another image shall we? Hmmm, what can we see here? That wouldn't be number 66 of the Chargers with his hands on LdT's waist and back pushing him forward so he could lean with the ball now would it????

Denying the obvious by claiming others are grasping at straws, sad. Yeah, the rule is never called, we know this. Oh, wanna talk about forward progress? How bout the fact the LdT was falling backwards until that helpful push.... there's some more straws for your collection.

My point is, if you're going to use a pic of an incredibly talented back scoring a TD, why not use one where he actually did? It's not like there aren't a plethora to choose from.

Hi from a Chargers Fan... Good luck on your quest of 17-0 going on 19-0

BoltsOwnU on 01-08-2008 at 03:41 PM said:
Actually BOU just looked that up too. He wonders how that wasn't applied to a host of scrum-like running plays we saw this season. However, insofar as the TD play in question goes, it's irrlevant. (See above).

Next straw?
Pushing the running back forward (by a team mate) is a penalty, but it's not called very often.

Thumper on 01-08-2008 at 09:28 AM said:
The Pats have been the best team this season, asterick or not. You should be heavily favored against the Jags, but they are a tough physical team. You should win, and I hope you do.

We're the underdogs against the Colts, and this will be a tough game for us. We may not beat them, but if we do, I want the Chargers to face the Pats next. Why? You guys have been a thorn in our side. You've been the better team in our last two meetings, winning a close one in last years' playoffs, and totally destroying us this season.

Why would I want the Chargers to play you again then? Because I want the Chargers to beat the best, and simply put, you guys are the best. I'm not saying we will beat you, but it's what I'd like to see.

So congrats on your season thus far. You're Pats have earned my respect for their play on the field. But to be the best, you've got to beat the best. So I hope we meet again. Until then, everyone stay well.

peace, Thump

Thankee much, Thumper. I'll be rooting for the Chargers over the Colts because your #54, Cooper, played his college ball for the UMaine Black Bears.

And just think, if the Chargers beat Indy they get to come to Foxborough for the AFCCG. If the Chargers beat the Pats, Merriman and others will do the Lights Out dance at midfield, thereby joining the Pats in the Unclassy League. :D

Moebius on 01-08-2008 at 12:56 PM said:
Oh gee, you're right man. I'm grasping at straws, especially since I commented in another thread that the TD in no way altered the outcome of the game. And after looking at your picture, I really must congratulate you on those Bolt Colored glasses. Let's try another image shall we? Hmmm, what can we see here? That wouldn't be number 66 of the Chargers with his hands on LdT's waist and back pushing him forward so he could lean with the ball now would it????

Denying the obvious by claiming others are grasping at straws, sad. Yeah, the rule is never called, we know this. Oh, wanna talk about forward progress? How bout the fact the LdT was falling backwards until that helpful push.... there's some more straws for your collection.

My point is, if you're going to use a pic of an incredibly talented back scoring a TD, why not use one where he actually did? It's not like there aren't a plethora to choose from.

All he does is extend his arms, not move forward, from your pic onward. And, as he does, so, forward progress of the ball continues. Keep reaching, just like LT, and at some point, you might score too.:thumb:

BoltsOwnU on 01-08-2008 at 05:00 PM said:
All he does is extend his arms, not move forward, from your pic onward. And, as he does, so, forward progress of the ball continues. Keep reaching, just like LT, and at some point, you might score too.:thumb:

So planting his arms on LdT's back and extending them is not pushing? Even though it clearly shows 66's hands firmly on LdT, and moving forward, he didn't push at all, right?

Dude, who's reaching here? You're now going to rationalize the push (which is plain as day on the video) and say it didn't happen? I'd challenge you to watch the video without the Bolt glasses on, but I realize that's impossible for you, so I suppose it's a moot point. Keep livin' the dream, I'll be back over here in the land of reality. :thumb:

Moebius on 01-08-2008 at 03:14 PM said:
So planting his arms on LdT's back and extending them is not pushing? Even though it clearly shows 66's hands firmly on LdT, and moving forward, he didn't push at all, right?

Dude, who's reaching here? You're now going to rationalize the push (which is plain as day on the video) and say it didn't happen? I'd challenge you to watch the video without the Bolt glasses on, but I realize that's impossible for you, so I suppose it's a moot point. Keep livin' the dream, I'll be back over here in the land of reality. :thumb:

BOU was referring to LT. Keep flogging away. . .Like a blindfolded retard at a pinata. :D

BOU, I have seen the play at least 10 times. From the time LdT is hit up in the air, he is falling backwards and the *only* reason he does not fall completely to the ground is help form his teammate.

Without a helpful push, he never would have been able to reach the ball over.

I really don't care either way, as I know that Evans has helped Brady churn out a QB sneak or two in the past couple years, but I see no reason to deny the obvious.

Oswlek on 01-08-2008 at 03:19 PM said:
BOU, I have seen the play at least 10 times. From the time LdT is hit up in the air, he is falling backwards and the *only* reason he does not fall completely to the ground is help form his teammate.

Without a helpful push, he never would have been able to reach the ball over.

I really don't care either way, as I know that Evans has helped Brady churn out a QB sneak or two in the past couple years, but I see no reason to deny the obvious.

Mmm, BOU is not convinced he might have gone to the ground. He would have come down for sure, but whether he'd have been downed or moved again, it's hard to say. The Titans own running back snagged a 12 yard pickup in a similar situation.

As far as the helpful push, maybe, but even at his height, he simply had to reach. What prevented that was the Titan in his face at the peak of the leap. As he came down, regardless of his trajectory, the Titan fell away and he could put the ball forward as he did.

BOU is not saying the push wasn't there, though it was purely incidental. BOU simply says it wasn't relevant to the play's result.

Back