College Football Playoffs

Honestly, I liked all the studs from Clemson and would not mind any of them in a Pats uniform next year.

Swinney seems to run a tight ship so I'm sure BB would approve of the way their program is run. That was one of the things notable about Sammy Watkins comments on the Bills, that there was not enough discipline and he craved someone like Swinney.

Clemson to become the new Rutgers for Bill.

That Bama TE is very good fot sure. But the word is out now surely on the value of skilled TEs. He should be taken before he comes to the Pats I would think. If not, then happy days....

The last 6 minutes of that game was something to watch.

Watson helped himself in the draft by playing his biggest on the big stage but he has to get his int rate down. Imagine what NFL DBs will do to him.

Clemson WR Williams is another who helped himself. Decent route runner, fast enough, great hands & he came up big too.

'Bama OLB Ryan Anderson is the one who really caught my eye last night.

Clemson LB Ben Boulware greatly impressed me last night too. But he's a little shorter and lighter than I'd prefer for us.

That was a heck of a game if you missed it.

Hunter Renfrow not only scored twice Monday night but he saved another score when he ran down a Bama defender who was going to the house with a fumble return. That tackle ultimately accounted for four points - Alabama could manage only a field goal and Clemson won by four. Renfrow was 175 lbs as a walk on at Clemson.

Alabama won last year's title in part because of a beautifully executed onside kick. This time Clemson had one. After taking their 35-31 lead with one second left Clemson didn't want to kick the ball deep and take a chance on a score. Instead, its kicker surprised everyone with an onside kick he recovered himself which allowed Watson to come back on the field & kneel down on the final play. It was quite a moment.

I predict he'll be a Jet (in the 1st round). But that doesn't worry me. He reminds me of Geno Smith.

That's a pretty good comparison, actually. He's undersized (about 6'1"ish, and in the 210 lb range). Good, not great arm (Geno Smith has the better arm), but he's more accurate than Smith out on the boundaries. He's faster, but more importantly, he's tougher, and elevates in big spots.

They don't run much of an offense at Clemson, so his ability to read defenses will be a question, but I have a feeling he'll be fine at it.

So it's a pretty fair comparison I think. To Geno Smith when he was drafted, not Geno Smith right now.

I mean, I don't think he'll do much at the next level at QB, but like I said, he's tough and has giant ****ing coconuts. If he's not a QB, he'll play somewhere for someone. RB/WR wouldn't be awful chances to take.

Jabril Peppers has announced he's entering the draft. That's two years early isn't it???

What I don't understand is why Saban didn't tell his players all to hold or commit PI on that last play. We've seen that already this year. Yes Clemson would've gotten 1 more play but then they would have had to decide FG for overtime or, riskier by far, go for the TD for the win. I wonder what BB would do...

What I don't understand is why Saban didn't tell his players all to hold or commit PI on that last play. We've seen that already this year. Yes Clemson would've gotten 1 more play but then they would have had to decide FG for overtime or, riskier by far, go for the TD for the win. I wonder what BB would do...

Well, we know what Logan Ryan would do. :Eason:

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Jabril Peppers has announced he's entering the draft. That's two years early isn't it???

Where do you play him? Safety I guess?

Back