Colts-Texans: One PI call per game?

Read my first post in this thread. I said it was a bad call.

Of course I find this notion that one bad call = 28 unasnwer points absolutely ****ing laughable.

But that's another story.

So you see no way that the PI call, changed the game in any way. It was just meaningless. Come on man, you are smarter then that.

I agree that it helped. I think it helped more than the call in the Pats game. But I think the main thing to blame for the Texans' loss is the Texans. They full-on imploded. Three second half turnovers including a pick six, zero second half points (except a garbage time TD when trailing by 15), giving up a 25 yard pass on 2nd and 20, giving up a 4th down conversion that should have been stopped, committing blatant (and real) pass interference in the end zone, giving up a fade TD (one of my least favorite plays by the way) on 3rd and goal... yeah the bad call gave the Colts some yards and helped get the ball rolling, but the Texans had an entire half to do ANYthing to stop it, and they didn't.

You mean like the imploding that the Pats' defense did when the refs marked the ball wrong and sucked the life out of them?

You aren't losing because of bad officiating. You're winning.

Again, why are you trying to argue that your team isn't aided by blatantly wrong calls? You get 50 free yards and score and that's not help?
Yeah it helps. But I could add up all the uncalled defensive holding calls on Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis, and I assure you it will dwarf those "free yards" from the occasional bad PI call.

But that's like totally differant right?

Or you know if they score some points in the second half (aside from a gift of the prevent defense with about 30 seconds left in the game) everything changes.

But of course I forgot about that flag on the first drive of the 3rd quarter (against their defense) which prevented their offense from scoring any points.

plus the refs looked into their crystal balls on the sideline and knew the Texans would not be able to score the rest of the half if they called a foul early in the third. I love tin foil hats.

So you see no way that the PI call, changed the game in any way. It was just meaningless. Come on man, you are smarter then that.

If it had been a completed pass for 50 yards, Indy fans would be saying, "Wow, Manning is so good... he made that long pass that changed the game, and then at halftime he cured cancer and figured out how to reverse global warming. I'm going to name my cat after him."

:party:

I find the notion that you guys can't seem to fathom that a big play like that can change a game ****ing laughable. Not sure if any of you have played a team sport, ever, if you come to that conclusion so easily.

Take that for what it's worth.
I played team sports for about 15 years. And believe it or not (I know this will shock you) I can't remember a single game where we just folded and gave up 28 unanswered points (or the equivilant) due to a bad call.

It's called mental toughness. Refs are going to make bad calls. Get over it and keep playing.

Or don't. I'd actually prefer the latter when it comes to opposing teams.

plus the refs looked into their crystal balls on the sideline and knew the Texans would not be able to score the rest of the half if they called a foul early in the third. I love tin foil hats.

The colts were down by 13...they were not moving the ball well, 50 yard penalty, puts them in scoring position, now its a 6 point game...you are telling me this meant nothing to how the rest of the game turned out? Man guys you need to watch more football.

And some of those later points were off houston pressing. Like I said, if the colts dont score on that drive, the entire game is changed. The colts probably still win, but it does change the game. That score cut it to 6.

It was first and ten. Why did the penalty guarantee that the Colts wouldn't have scored on that drive?

I played team sports for about 15 years. And believe it or not (I know this will shock you) I can't remember a single game where we just folded and gave up 28 unanswered points (or the equivilant) due to a bad call.

It's called mental toughness. Refs are going to make bad calls. Get over it and keep playing.

Refs seem to be making bad calls for you and not against you is the key. I mean you can just say they dont mean anything, but you are not looking at it from an outside view. I mean even the announce team is struggling to come up with excuses for them now and they are 100 percent pro colts.

It was first and ten. Why did the penalty guarantee that the Colts wouldn't have scored on that drive?

It didnt, so I guess it didnt help at all. I sure hope if the pats are down 13, we get a bogus 50 yard penalty to put us at the 20, it sure helps that catch up process.

Ahh peyton turned it into. LMAO. Amazing how that worked out. So what happens if the call is called correctly? Does peyton not get to turn it into anything?

I find the notion that you guys can't seem to fathom that a big play like that can change a game ****ing laughable. Not sure if any of you have played a team sport, ever, if you come to that conclusion so easily.

What it is, is something to blame the loss on afterward. A decent team recovers from that 99% of the time. The Patriots, Bengals, Chargers, Saints, Vikes, Steelers (sometimes, yeesh), Ravens, even the Titans all recover from that. The Texans don't recover from it, or they feel the pressure tightening around them - and they choke and blame the penalty afterward. Yeah, it changed the complexion of the game, but only because you damn well knew that the Texans were too emotionally fragile to keep playing their best once they saw the comeback attempt was on. It reminds me of the infamous Lakers/Blazers playoff game from like eight or nine years ago, whenever it was... the Lakers had some officiating help for sure, but the Blazers only needed to make a couple of buckets to protect their huge lead, and instead you could literally see them falling apart in front of your eyes. Some teams can't handle adversity even a little bit. That's on them, not the adversity. One penalty doesn't make a 28-0 or 35-3 run happen to good teams.

Refs seem to be making bad calls for you and not against you is the key. I mean you can just say they dont mean anything, but you are not looking at it from an outside view. I mean even the announce team is struggling to come up with excuses for them now and they are 100 percent pro colts.
Bullshit. You guys, being Indy haters, only focus on the bad calls that go for us.

Again, I offer you this. Add up all the penatly yards that go uncalled for blatent offensive holding against Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney, and compare that to the yards we get on what you consider bogus PI and get back to me on which number is bigger.

Not saying that a play or a call can't change a game, just that it isn't, and shouldn't be, responsible for a 28-0 run.

What it is, is something to blame the loss on afterward. A decent team recovers from that 99% of the time. The Patriots, Bengals, Chargers, Saints, Vikes, Steelers (sometimes, yeesh), Ravens, even the Titans all recover from that. The Texans don't recover from it, or they feel the pressure tightening around them - and they choke and blame the penalty afterward. Yeah, it changed the complexion of the game, but only because you damn well knew that the Texans were too emotionally fragile to keep playing their best once they saw the comeback attempt was on. It reminds me of the infamous Lakers/Blazers playoff game from like eight or nine years ago, whenever it was... the Lakers had some officiating help for sure, but the Blazers only needed to make a couple of buckets to protect their huge lead, and instead you could literally see them falling apart in front of your eyes. Some teams can't handle adversity even a little bit. That's on them, not the adversity. One penalty doesn't make a 28-0 or 35-3 run happen to good teams.

Who blamed the loss on it? I mean do the colts need help that bad to beat the texans? I mean when adversity hit the colts in 2003, they went crying to the league about it, so please continue to tell me about this adversity thing and how teams handle it.

15 years of not experiencing momentum changing games. I call BS because of a need to defend home team.

But peace be with it.

Ahh peyton turned it into. LMAO. Amazing how that worked out. So what happens if the call is called correctly? Does peyton not get to turn it into anything?

Bad breaks are a part of the game. Did Houston take that moment and simply pout about it the rest of the game, while getting their asses kicked? Sure looked like it to me. :thumb:

Bad breaks are a part of the game. Did Houston take that moment and simply pout about it the rest of the game, while getting their asses kicked? Sure looked like it to me. :thumb:

Well Houston didnt go run to the league office and demand the refs change the calls, so.....

Back