Colts-Texans: One PI call per game?

It didnt, so I guess it didnt help at all. I sure hope if the pats are down 13, we get a bogus 50 yard penalty to put us at the 20, it sure helps that catch up process.

Why must everything be an extreme? Did the call help? Yes. Does that mean the call was responsible for winning the game for Indianapolis? No. That's ridiculous.

It isn't an either/or situation. The call helped, but it didn't put 28 points on the board for the Colts and keep the Texans scoreless for the rest of the half.

15 years of not experiencing momentum changing games. I call BS because of a need to defend home team.

But peace be with it.
You can take that BS call and shove it. 28 unanswered points. If you let one bad call in the THIRD QUARTER allow you to fold like cheap lawn chairs then you don't deserve to win the game anyway.

Bullshit. You guys, being Indy haters, only focus on the bad calls that go for us.

Again, I offer you this. Add up all the penatly yards that go uncalled for blatent offensive holding against Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney, and compare that to the yards we get on what you consider bogus PI and get back to me on which number is bigger.

Underlined for emphasis. The routine "block" against both of those guys is to let them go outside, push them downfield, then hook them around the neck or grab their jersey for about half a second so they can't get turned around and headed toward the quarterback. Those two are held so damn often it's ridiculous. Holding is generally an under-called penalty in the NFL (they should consider taking a hard look at that rule, because it's so arbitrary in how it's enforced); but teams with good speed rushers suffer from it most, and the Colts more than almost anybody because their ends are so fast. But it's easier to point out bad calls than a constant leak of bad no-calls, I guess.

Why must everything be an extreme? Did the call help? Yes. Does that mean the call was responsible for winning the game for Indianapolis? No. That's ridiculous.

It isn't an either/or situation. The call helped, but it didn't put 28 points on the board for the Colts and keep the Texans scoreless for the rest of the half.

Yeah, games have never change from a bad call or a play, that never happens, teams stay the same course and teh play calling does not change at all depending on the score and teh situtation, you are right, everything is black and white.

I think you're the first Colts fan to admit that it helped, speaking of black and white.

Everyone else seems to think Peyton just goes down the field and scores anyway. Au.to.ma.tic.TD.

Yeah, games have never change from a bad call or a play, that never happens, teams stay the same course and teh play calling does not change at all depending on the score and teh situtation, you are right, everything is black and white.

Again, you're trying to make this an either/or situation when it isn't. I admit that the call helped, so I have no clue what or who you are arguing with.

Fixed.

Wait, are you suggesting that officiating MAY have at some point gone AGAINST the Colts?

That's unpossible Midgar.

No, I didnt say that, I said they went and cried to the league office. A game is called a certain way, or at least its supposed to be. If refs call one thing a certain way teams have to adapt, thats the difference, you cannot let everything go in a game and then all of the sudden call a BS PI, that looks situtaional. If the whole game was called like that, thats different.

Yeah it helps. But I could add up all the uncalled defensive holding calls on Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis, and I assure you it will dwarf those "free yards" from the occasional bad PI call.

But that's like totally differant right?

I think you're the first Colts fan to admit that it helped, speaking of black and white.

Everyone else seems to think Peyton just goes down the field and scores anyway. Au.to.ma.tic.TD.
:coffee:

Underlined for emphasis. The routine "block" against both of those guys is to let them go outside, push them downfield, then hook them around the neck or grab their jersey for about half a second so they can't get turned around and headed toward the quarterback. Those two are held so damn often it's ridiculous. Holding is generally an under-called penalty in the NFL (they should consider taking a hard look at that rule, because it's so arbitrary in how it's enforced); but teams with good speed rushers suffer from it most, and the Colts more than almost anybody because their ends are so fast. But it's easier to point out bad calls than a constant leak of bad no-calls, I guess.

Holding IS under called, but it affects all teams more evenly than the PI calls that seem to disproportionally aid the Colts. Also, calls, when a lot of action is happening in a small, congested area, are more understandable to miss, than an isolated area down field with just two players and one ball.

Holding IS under called, but it affects all teams more evenly than the PI calls that seem to disproportionally aid the Colts. Also, calls, when a lot of action is happening in a small, congested area, are more understandable to miss, than an isolated area down field with just two players and one ball.
If it was the general mickey mouse holding stuff that goes on every play I'd agree with you.

But when a 300+lb offensive tackles jumps on a defensive ends's back and hangs on for dear life that's pretty recognizable.

Thank you, that's the bottom line. I don't trust anybody that falls back on either extreme. The penalty was a factor in the comeback without a doubt, but it wasn't THE factor. The Texans were a team waiting to choke. As soon as the Colts made a move, they choked.

Also for all this talk about the momentum shift, there were a couple other key points. The Colts scored their first TD in the second quarter, down (at that point) 17-0. That was where the comeback started, not with the opening second half drive. The momentum swung back to the Texans with a pick at the very end of the first half - but you could say the same when the Colts were held to (and missed) a field goal attempt to start the 4th. The Texans got the ball back there, still up six. That's a prime opportunity to take the momentum back with a score. So what did they do? Three and out, punt. Next possession (now trailing by one) - pick six on the second snap. They made their own fortune. Badly.

No but Polian is. Martz didnt playt the pats in 2003 either in the afc title game.

And Polian isn't the one who provided the Competition Committee with a tape of Patriots defenders consistently breaking the rules without being penalized. The only reason the Colts are mixed up in this rule "emphasis" is because the pass interference calls that weren't flagged in that AFCCG were so ridiculously blatant.

No, I didnt say that, I said they went and cried to the league office. A game is called a certain way, or at least its supposed to be. If refs call one thing a certain way teams have to adapt, thats the difference, you cannot let everything go in a game and then all of the sudden call a BS PI, that looks situtaional. If the whole game was called like that, thats different.
Well Midgar, according to pretty much all of your fanbase, every game is called that way. So teams should just adapt right?

Or does that only apply to when its calls against the Colts/for the Patriots?

Let's boil this thing down to ONE major theme that hopefully everyone can agree on. These huge yardage gains on BS PI calls has got to stop.

I think we need to loosen up the emphasis and let the players play. Call the blatant PI and let the players play otherwise. 50 yards gained on PI should be from a mugging.

Back