Congratulations To The New Orleans Saints

BY1401

Unapologetically Moderate
Reaction score
They played a heck of a season and a heck of a game.

Kudos to them! :toast:

They played a heck of a season and a heck of a game.

Kudos to them! :toast:

Yup!

They made some adjustments tonight to beat your colts and took some chances. And they absolutely kicked our team's ass earlier this season. Congrats are in order and good for the city of Nawlins.:thumb:

katrina dealt 'Nawlins a terrible blow
So for those who persevered, well "Congrats'!

And for fans of teams who were not destined to win,
Just be glad the champ isn't the Rats.

And they certainly got the better QB out of San Diego. As a dad, I loved the shot of Brees holding and playing with his 1 year old wearing the big headphones after the game.

And they certainly got the better QB out of San Diego. As a dad, I loved the shot of Brees holding and playing with his 1 year old wearing the big headphones after the game.

That is ONE beeyootiful babee.:)

An aside..kudos to the Brees parents for the HEADPHONES because noise for babies of that age is WICKED magnified and he saved their future hearing with those.:)

I do love seeing the guys with their little ones. The really small ones are the most fun because they are all like... "YEAH SB win...WHAT-EVA Dad." Totally unfazed. Tracy Porter's daughter was hysterical. She's 1 and she's sitting on her dad's lap and he tries to put the mike in front of her and she just smacks that bitch away like her daddy does passes from WRs.

I'm happy for the Saints. I would have been rooting for them under any other circumstances.

So I haven't checked the news yet this morning, is New Orleans still there? I figure after that win, the fans may do more damage than Katrina ever did.

Was good to see the kid with ear protection on.. loved that he wanted to eat the furry mic boom.. was waiting for him to grab it and shove it in his mouth..

To any Saints fans who might wander by...

Enjoy it, you all stood by your team through some pretty lean years. The Katrina backdrop just adds to it. You all deserve this.

To Colts fans, especially our contingent..

I know EXACTLY how you are feeling today. I still haven't watched highlights from the game which shall not be named.

Well done Saints, enjoy a great victory.

I was reflecting earlier the Colts beat the Bears and lost to the Saints, and neither city could deserve it more.

Enjoy it, you all stood by your team through some pretty lean years. The Katrina backdrop just adds to it. You all deserve this.

I know EXACTLY how you are feeling today. I still haven't watched highlights from the game which shall not be named.

Well said. I feel the same other than I forced myself to watch the GWSNBN a couple of times in a fit of masochism.

Watching last night's game I found myself continually amazed at the Colts dude I hate the most: Polian.

His ability to reload that team with guys nobody ever heard of is astounding. They are light-years ahead of the Patriots organization in this regard. They use a much-different philosophy that we do and while both have had their days in the sun it appears that Indy is much better positioned to continue to compete at a high level than we are and that scheme, personnel acquistion and coaching is all very high level.

Having said that, I was rooting for NO all the way and enjoyed the hell out of the Bowl. One of the top half-dozen overall games and possibly the best-played Super Bowl ever. I must be getting soft in my old age because I found myself feeling sorry for Peyton after the killer INT. One little mistake and the whole season unravels. That's football, I guess. :shrug:

Indy fans: it stings for sure, but you guys aren't looking at a backslide for next year at all, imo. Definite AFC favorite for 2010 and I doubt the Pats can even be competitive with you the ways things look right now.

LOL, Im definitely one of those fans you're speaking of. I got laughed at plenty for wearing my Archie Manning jersey throughout the '70s.

Even though the last 23 yrs or so have been better record wise, there has been no real post season success until now. Sean Payton has brought compentency and professionalism to the head coaching job here and it seems to have trickled up and down the organization.

The Pats, Colts, and Steelers have been the model franchises in the salary cap era and I see glimpses of the Saints organization moving in this direction. The coaching, drafting, personnel evaluation/decisions, and solid QB play are some of the things the Pats, Colts and Steelers have in common, and these are the things the Saints seem to be doing well in recent yrs. Only time will tell if the Saints are a flash in the pan or here to stay but, this year was really gratifying for a long sufferer like myself.

Regarding the Colts, well, personally, I think Manning is gonna get more heat than he deserves for this loss. I mean, he almost didn't really get enough possessions to win or lose this game. The Colts D not being able to get off of the field after the 1st Qtr is the main thing that did them in , in my opinion. The onsides kick and the wasted possession before the half only added to this by robbing them of two more possessions. I know their defense was pretty good this year but, and Im not saying the Saints offense was particularly spectacular yesterday but, I don't think there were many games on the Colts schedule that prepared them to go up against a decent offense. I think, in all the pre Super Bowl analysis, this fact was overlooked.

Thanks for the props and the congradulations.

Back