Congratulations!

tehmackdaddy

post tenebras lux
Reaction score
...at least, for those of you who live close enough to enjoy the ranked #1 pizzeria in 'Murica!

"Boston - not New York - has the best pizzeria, according to TripAdvisor"

Though New York City is a top-rated "pizza city," it isn't home to the No. 1 pizzeria in the country.

At least, that's according to TripAdvisor.

The travel review site, which collects millions of opinions from diners around the world, just put out a list of its 10 best U.S. pizzerias. The No. 1 spot for America's favorite food? Boston's Regina Pizzeria. The Boston restaurant pushed NYC's Bleecker Street Pizza to No. 2 on the list.

Here are the Top 5 pizza joints:

1. Regina Pizzeria

The winner in Boston's "Little Italy" is famous for its meat-packed "Giambotti" pie and spicy sauce.

2. Bleecker Street Pizza

The New York City pizzeria offers Tuscan-style slices and just added dozens more seats to the tiny establishment.

3. Modern Apizza

The coal-fired restaurant in New Haven, Conn. has the "Italian Bomb" with bacon, sausage, pepperoni, mushroom, onion, pepper and garlic.

4. Home Slice Pizza

Though located in Austin, Texas, Home Slice Pizza has New York-style slices with more than 20 toppings to choose from.

5. Moose's Tooth Pub and Pizzeria

This Anchorage, Alaska restaurant made the list for its stone-baked pizza with slices like "Amazing Apricot."

As for best all-around pizza cities, TripAdvisor put N.Y.C. back on top, followed by Chicago, Las Vegas, San Francisco and Orlando. Boston was the No. 7 pick.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trav...c-regina-pizzeria-bleecker-street/1662679002/

1200px-Pizzeria_Regina%2C_Boston_MA.jpg

turner011515MAG020815BestPizza145.jpg

Actually New England has 2 out of the top 3:toast:

~Dee~

I couldn't help but notice that Sbarro was nowhere on this list which tells me that whoever ranked these places just doesn't know their pizza. popcorn

Modern Apizza??????

I can recall back in the day when I went to UCONN (late '70's), we went to Toad's Place in New Haven, routinely to see shows (Good Rat's was a must see pilgrimage)

The debate about Pizza was always Pepe's vs Sally's.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, thought Modern was in the same galaxy with those two places.

What hath God wrought.

Ah yeah it is

Six states make up New England, including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut.

Sorry

~Dee~
I think it was said in jest as a good portion of CT are NY fans.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Modern Apizza??????

I can recall back in the day when I went to UCONN (late '70's), we went to Toad's Place in New Haven, routinely to see shows (Good Rat's was a must see pilgrimage)

Nobody, and I mean nobody, thought Modern was in the same galaxy with those two places.

What hath God wrought.

I agree:shrug_n:

~Dee~

I think it was said in jest as a good portion of CT are NY fans.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

No not really more Vermonters are NY Fans then CT :shrug_n:

You have a point in Fairfield county yes.

~Dee~

I go by the type of chowdah served.

We serve New England:shrug_n: Not Rhode Island nor Manhattan :shrug_n:

~Dee~

Oh and I make a wicked NE clam chowder in a sour dough bread
bowl just saying.

Modern Apizza??????

What hath God wrought.

My Son started at Quinnipiac this year (Hamden, CT close to New Haven). I've been meaning to try out the Pizza as I hear there is some really good ones in that area.
I'll be sure to report in my findings

My Son started at Quinnipiac this year (Hamden, CT close to New Haven). I've been meaning to try out the Pizza as I hear there is some really good ones in that area.
I'll be sure to report in my findings

Modern ain’t one just saying. Lol

~Dee~

Pizzeria Regina is excellent.

You have to hit some of the old parlors to appreciate.

The additions to food courts and such just tarnished an incredible reputation, but those old city joints hold their heritage.

Moose's Tooth has great Pizza but I don't even consider them to have the best pizza in Alaska IMO but getting a seat without having to wait 10-30 minutes would almost take a miracle.

Back