Could Gronkowski score 20 TDs next season?

tonyto36

Reaction score
There are a lot of things that need to go right for a 20 TD season, everything that is in the team's control (minus health) seem to be aligned for a monster Gronkowski season in 2015.

1. Gronkowski scored 11 TDs in 2014, with the opener roughly 9 months after his ACL got torn. They say the timeline is roughly 9-12 months to be physically read (took him closer to 12), and then another year to be mentally 100%. We all saw Gronkowski play below his HOF levels to start the year, but even as the season went along I doubt he ever was truly 100%.

2. He will have a full regular offseason; instead of dedicating all his time in rehabbing, he will be able to go as hard as he wants in his offseason training to become a better player, not simply a healthier player.

3. The Patriots have a HOF QB, a pass first offense, an elite offense, and an offense where he is far and away the best redzone threat and no one really comes even close to poaching TDs. He will be the #1 read the vast majority of the time within the 20 yard line.

4. The NFL is designed for monster passing seasons now. He's almost an automatic TD within the 10 yard line.

5. Of our 2015 scheduled opponents defensive passer rating:
32. Washington Redskins
30. New York Jets (2x)
29. Pittsburgh Steelers
28. Jacksonville Jaguars
25. Tennessee Titans
21. Philadelphia Eagles
18. Dallas Cowboys
16. MIami Dolphins (2x)
15. New York Giants
13. Indianapolis Colts
8. Denver Broncos
6. Houston Texans
2. Buffalo Bills (2x)

Does that not look like a schedule he should feast on? The only team that looks like could put up a legitimate fight are the Bills. Even the "good" pass defenses on that list (Texans, Broncos, Colts) have been teams Gronk has historically feasted on his entire career.

Gronkowski should get ~8 TDs in the WAS, PIT, JAX, TEN games alone.

The only real concern is health, and I think that is slightly overblown. Rob has some really unfortunate breaks to start his career, but it's not like he has Ras-I Dowling legs and that's why he got hurt. When someone torpedoes your knee, there's nothing you can do.

With Brady at QB I think Gronk shatters the single season TE touchdown record this year.

I don't see why not.

If he was to stay healthy he's certainly capable of doing it. Didn't he score 17 in his second season? And actually he would have had 18 TD REC's had the leauge not call one of his TD's catches a rushing attempt becuz it was a lateral pass. I believe it might have been against MIA?

I think it was Shakespeare who once said: "BLOW ME"
Close, but it actually goes like this:

Blow, winds, and crack your cheeks! rage! blow!
You cataracts and hurricanoes, spout
Till you have drench’d our steeples, drown’d the cocks!

There's a reason for King Lear being counted among the four great Shakespearean tragedies (along with Hamlet, Macbeth and Othello). Simple outstanding.

I think it would be a tall order. Could it happen? Sure. Will it? Prob not.

Yes, if he was wearing a jet pack

Yes, If we get a deep threat to open up things a bit...

He has every capability to score 20 but I really don't want him too. 20 means he's being looked at too much and adds wear and tear on his body as they all won't be wide open.

I just want the man healthy for the playoffs.

Imagine Fitzgerald, Edelman and Gronk on the same field together...

Back