Cowturds: Gamete Thread

I don't necessarily disagree with this. But the question has to be asked why? At this point I think we have to acknowledge the coaching is subpar and costing us games. And I am not just talking play calling on the offense but the unwillingness to be aggressive, the ridiculous tight leash on Jones when he has shown he is capable of more, the turnovers, the gaffe on STs to get punt blocked. All of that is coaching.
Typical. Don't put it on the players for poor execution. The low hanging fruit is blaming coaching.
Did the coaches coach a perfect game? NO.
But from what I see the main problems are players failure to execute their assignments.

Also bad coaching to kneel to end the first half. As first I was ok with it as Mac had taken a big shot from Gregory, but in hindsight, no. BB defers when winning the coin toss for specifically that situation, in order to attempt to double up scoring opportunities. Why bother deferring if that is the case?

Typical. Don't put it on the players for poor execution. The low hanging fruit is blaming coaching.
But from what I see the main problems are players failure to execute their assignments.
Don't you know if Brady were still here, that punt wouldn't have been blocked? :coffee:

I expected a tough game and a loss. I didn't think our defense could slow down the Cow Boys. I felt like we could score, but they just have a little more firepower. That proved to be true, but I think this team is on the right track. The defense played the typical bend but try not to break game, but unfortunately broke one too many times. Games like this reveal a teams weaknesses. Next offseason, we need to work on the defensive side of the ball and on the O-Line. The o-Line seems to have the pedigree talent, but they aren't living up to it. We do miss Coach Scarnechia (sp?) here.

Overall I am pleased. We can play toe to toe with anyone in the league. (Tampa and Dallas examples). We need to continue to eliminate the mental mistakes, and gel as a team. I am very hopeful for a strong second half of the season (in typical BB fashion) and a playoff run to give the rook some exposure to playoff pressure. It's an uphill battle from here.

Eh. I mean of course players have to execute but they also have to put in position to execute and have success. Dallas did so many things to literally try to hand us that game and our coaches blew it IMO. Way too conservative and played not to lose IMO.

Watched the game again. Soooooo many close calls. Their 4th and 4 with 1:27 left in the 4th, Patriots up by 3 and Dak hits Wilson who has to leap high and pulls it down just inbounds. Another inch and that throw is a miss and the game is over.

On Zurleins tying FG at the end of regular time, I swear Bethel got a shade of a finger on the ball.

These tiny margins decide games.

Don't matter how low the damn fruit is hanging. She'll find some transparent idiocy to blame Bill.

These games obviously come down to 1-2 plays on both sides every week and they just can't seem to avoid them or make them.

1. Blocked punt (again). I don't know how you have some of the best STs players in football and that happens twice in a month.
2. No challenge by BB on that first down or very close to a first down on 3rd. Maybe this team misses Ernie Adams more than we thought. I am literally jumping through the tv begging for the challenge. Seems weird that they don't have anyone on the headset to chime in. To my eyes this was possibly a first down outright after the receiver was pushed back from forward progress, but not challenging it and getting a better spot and doing a QB sneak if short, was a huge development in the game.
3. Agholor drop.
4. Def PI in overtime with the facemask push off. I have no idea how this could be missed. It was blatant, easy to see and affected the play. I have memories of 2017 Carolina when Gilmore's finger grazed the WRs mask on 3rd down all the way across the field off the jam, and he was called for it to extend their drive with a late game loss. This game sort of reminded me of that in general.

These games come down to 1-2 plays every week and anyone claiming officiating has no role in a win or a loss, is completely blind. Dallas was totally undisciplined and had the low IQ all game, as predicted. So many opportunities to seize control and take it.

I would say if any one of these 3 plays don't occurs, NE wins the game. This is the 2nd time in 3 weeks they've gone to to toe with a SB contender, but the narrative will be something else, when it shouldn't be.

I am seeing a lot of good, but when the opportunity presents itself, the team doesn't seize the opportunity.

Overall, another crappy moral victory and loss that didn't need to happen. On the bright side, sometimes this is how teams become good in the future...They see how they're losing, absorb the ways they're losing, and then use it to know how to win in the future.

The only good news is they are close, even if time is running out. Mac Jones is legit and there are certain players playing well. I figured they'd try to take out the RBs and roll the dice from there. It should have worked. Dallas's best players really didn't impact the game much. Cooper, Elliott, Pollard, Schultz, etc, were neutralized from having an impact.

The 2 turnovers were great by the D. I thought they might get Dak a couple of times and I was right. I also thought they played too much zone. Lastly, I am starting to think some of the coaches on this team are doing what too much over-analyzing as well. McDaniels needs a warning. Tired of his awful calls. That 3rd and 1 to Bolden I was screaming for it to be playaction. It was so predictable, Meyers couldn't even engage in the block. Horrible game by McDaniels again.

It was the one-off big play that hurt them again on D. That Wilson big catch was huge for them.

You do realize that Dak Prescott and Cedee Lamb aren't some amateurs that lucked into playing football yesterday, right?
I love Lamb actually. His best play of the game beside that game winning TD was the third and 3 when Dallas was in the red zone and he had to bounce it outside and he beat contain and broke a tackle to get it. He is fast, strong and runs great routes.

Might have been nice to have #24 last night?

I love Lamb actually. His best play of the game beside that game winning TD was the third and 3 when Dallas was in the red zone and he had to bounce it outside and he beat contain and broke a tackle to get it. He is fast, strong and runs great routes.

Might have been nice to have #24 last night?

Sure, except even if he was still with the team he would still be in PUP, but don't let that fact distract you from the point you were trying to make.

Ferentz holding on that TD.... losing a yard on 3rd and 1 late... Agholor dropping that pass...And Dallas pretty much ran wild between the 20's,,,it always comes down to a few plays and that was about it. Also.. Hunter Henry can't block.
Ran wild? The Run D did their job as predicted vs their All Pro level duo backfield. Giving up 4 YPC when some of that came late, is not why they lost. They did what the gameplan ordered them to do.

The biggest flaw I saw was too much zone was called. I warned of it. When the rush doesn't get home vs a mobile QB, zone is not a good call. Also, Van Noy, Hightower and Bentley all being hurt during the game didn't help. Not an excuse, just saying it didn't help. I wanted to see more of the Mahomes style gameplan where you don't let the QB run to the right all night and that part wasn't good enough. The broken play/extended play game defense wasn't up to snuff and they're usually good at it.

I'm kinda remiss to come on here but you good people deserve a view from my direction.

First off, Dallas' coaching is terrible. Many head scratching decisions from play calling to the early 4th down attempt. I was very impressed, despite the yardage surrendered by the D the Patriots put forth in certain potential game changing situations (the early 4th down and the goal line stand). I thought your team was prepared but just outmanned. A well coached team. I am not speaking to some of the play calling others are disappointed with above but the schemes and defense was there.

I mentioned on my small message board that this team (New England) was good and one of the others on there more familiar with your team just chipped in with "better than their records". I agree.

I am not overjoyed with the win. Relieved would describe my feelings. With better Cowboy coaching the game shouldn't have been this close.

On Mac Jones. I am thoroughly impressed. He'll be an All Pro in the future.

Dallas just had the hosses. There's no other way to look at this game.

Thank you for allowing me to participate with y'all this week !
Yeah, you're not going anywhere with your team's IQ and lack of discipline. Typical Dallas team. Lots of hype and athletes. Good luck the rest of the way, but LA and TB are probably better teams when it's all said and done. Will be about health now.

Eh. I mean of course players have to execute but they also have to put in position to execute and have success. Dallas did so many things to literally try to hand us that game and our coaches blew it IMO. Way too conservative and played not to lose IMO.
And how do you know that they weren't put in a position to execute? There were blown assignment such as the blocked punt.There were missed blocks in pass protection by backs and OL.
You just want to put everything on the coaches because that fits your agenda.
I felt that they should have gone for it on 4th down in OT and said so before they punted. So that one was on the coaches in my opinion.
But there was many more plays that were either not executed or assignment were not carried out. That's on the players.
Now I'm done with this and moving on to the Jets. A dead horse can only be beaten for so long.

A standstill? Dallas just put up over 500 yards against the Pats, they were lucky to be in it thanks to Dallas constantly shooting themselves in the foot and an idiot HC going for it on that 4th down.
This "yards" is so dumb. It has very little to do with the outcome of that game. A blocked punt and pick 6, a dropped ball at a critical time, numerous other plays, etc. I was never thinking "oh no, a nice offense in an offensive league is putting up yards!" during the game.

I knew it would be a yards in between the 20s game because they have too much balance and weaponry. If you try to guess what they're going to do, they're going to get blown off the field. They allowed 10 points at the half! They stuck to the gameplan. This is a mirror image of the approach against TB, except Dallas's offense overall may be better balanced than TBs. Take out the RBs and see what happens. The plan worked. Blocked punt again? Are you kidding me? That's 2 in a month. That's unheard of.

It was a great gameplan yet again against a SB contender. I don't know what people are looking at. You have to make the seizable plays that are sitting there on the platter. Looking at a the box score at the end is irrelevant unless you play fantasy football.

No one is going shutdown that kind of firepower. You're just looking to play well in the red zone and they did! 2 turnovers, as predicted.

Ran wild? The Run D did their job as predicted vs their All Pro level duo backfield. Giving up 4 YPC when some of that came late, is not why they lost. They did what the gameplan ordered them to do.

The biggest flaw I saw was too much zone was called. I warned of it. When the rush doesn't get home vs a mobile QB, zone is not a good call. Also, Van Noy, Hightower and Bentley all being hurt during the game didn't help. Not an excuse, just saying it didn't help. I wanted to see more of the Mahomes style gameplan where you don't let the QB run to the right all night and that part wasn't good enough. The broken play/extended play game defense wasn't up to snuff and they're usually good at it.

Dak was shredding man at will. That's why they transitioned to zone. It's very difficult to play any type of coverage when he had 10 seconds in the pocket due to how stout his protection was.

Dak was shredding man at will. That's why they transitioned to zone. It's very difficult to play any type of coverage when he had 10 seconds in the pocket due to how stout his protection was.
Nah.

Their best coverage is in man. They play the most in the league and they're good at it. When you have that many threats on the field, it's common to play zone in fear of it or getting burned deep, but he just bought time and waited, the rush didn't get home enough. I don't agree with calling that much zone. Cooper, Schultz, etc, were contained in man. It wasn't an issue.

The pass rush was a little disappointing and if you can't get home enough, you shouldn't be in that much zone. Van Noy's groin is obviously an issue.

They're better when they use zone less as a one-off on a drive, not playing it over and over.

The play calls were more scared than anything. Big mistake. The INT came off man.

Back