Daredevil on Netflix

mooseontheloose

See, moose love the Pats too!
Reaction score
Surprisingly good so far! I'll probably be finished with it by midweek, but my brother says it ends as well as it starts.

What I'm happy about most is the grit and 'grown-up' feel of the show, which is something I often feel Marvel-branded products lack.

Anyone else checked it out?

I was prepared to hate it... but I'm 6 episodes in and loving it, go figure. I was never a comic book reader, and am totally shocked at how well this series has been done.

I was prepared to hate it... but I'm 6 episodes in and loving it, go figure. I was never a comic book reader, and am totally shocked at how well this series has been done.

After reading the two reviews in here, part of me expects to get Rick rolled about ten minutes into episode 1. :D

After reading the two reviews in here, part of me expects to get Rick rolled about ten minutes into episode 1. :D

Can't hurt to try it. Lots of karate which I'm not a huge fan of, the story telling is what has kept me watching

I love this show. I'm a comic fan and a Daredevil fan to boot. This is great for Marvel because they have a program that can portray how dark and violent Hells Kitchen is. If this was on regular TV I'm sure it wouldn't be any good or at least...meh.

If you are a comic fan there are Easter eggs everywhere. I also love that it's in the same timeline as the current Avengers movies and also makes references to the events in NY. This series is only the beginning. Marvel/Netflix will be introducing everyone to The Defenders group. This is really a great time for comic fans.

And the fight scenes are awesome as mentioned earlier.

I've mentioned it before, but I'm sort of meh about the Marvel franchises. They are entertaining as hell, but I'm burned out on the childish aura they have (which includes cringeworthy dialogue and often extremely obvious plots).

Daredevil hooked me because it finally presents a darker, grittier version of that same Marvel universe. It feels like a more grown up and serious portrayal compared to most of the movie franchises, which are simply (great) popcorn flicks. Honestly, I think Daredevil feels closer to The Dark Knight than it does The Amazing Spiderman, and for that I am extremely grateful!

I hadn't even heard of the series, nor seen it when I was poking around in Netflix.

I'll be sure and check it out now. Thanks for the heads up.

I was on vacation last week and couldn't start watching until yesterday but binged up through episode six. I like it quite a bit but it really ramped up when they got going with Kingpin.

This could be really good, but will reserve judgement until I've watched the final six. They have certainly done a good job of capturing the grit of Hell's Kitchen.

The title sequence reminds me quite a bit of the one they made for the Hannibal TV series. Not sure if it is the same people or not and I'm too lazy to Google it myself.

I was on vacation last week and couldn't start watching until yesterday but binged up through episode six. I like it quite a bit but it really ramped up when they got going with Kingpin. This could be really good, but will reserve judgement until I've watched the final six. They have certainly done a good job of capturing the grit of Hell's Kitchen. The title sequence reminds me quite a bit of the one they made for the Hannibal TV series. Not sure if it is the same people or not and I'm too lazy to Google it myself.

They've done a fantastic job with the Kingpin backstory.

Finished the season last night, wow it's a great show can't wait for next season. Thanks Netflix

One thing that strikes me as odd, is how many people know who he is.

I'm embarrassed to report that I had an hour set aside to watch episode one yesterday and I fell asleep.

So pissed.

I'll give it another go tonight.

I'm embarrassed to report that I had an hour set aside to watch episode one yesterday and I fell asleep.

So pissed.

I'll give it another go tonight.

Here's an idea, stay awake :Fart:

Notched 1 to 12. Finishing it tonight.

Damn good series. Between Arrow, Flash, Gotham and Daredevil, it is great to be a comic geek watching TV.

The Kingpin portrayal is one of the best roles I have seen in a long time. Foggy and Karen is so Foggy and Karen.

Surprised by a couple of deaths (won't go here, just yet) and wondering why Fisk hasn't killed whiny Leland yet.

I found it and watched the first two.

So far I'm impressed with the guy playing Matt Murdock and the gritty, understated look and feel of the show. I don't know if the karate is going to get old after awhile, but the way the fight scenes are done looks great to me.

I think I'm going to end up bingeing on this thing and enjoying it.

Netflix is a superior way to watch series. You can really get immersed in the story without inane commercials killing my focus.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Turns out I had seen the tab for it on the Netflix menu but had assumed it was that bomb with Ben Affleck and skipped over it.

Back