Deflated Footballs? - Ballgate posts go here - NSFW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read an internet rumor that the Wells report will be delivered to the Pats this morning. No corroboration or source :shrug:

Read an internet rumor that the Wells report will be delivered to the Pats this morning. No corroboration or source :shrug:

Really? Things are going to heat up around here if true

"read an internet rumor" was it a tweet? an email? a status update on Facebook? A pinterest pin?

It's the equivalent of a friend of a friend's cousin's sister's boyfriend.

Someone on another forum where I lurk noted a post on SOSH which claims to know that the report is being given to the Pats this morning.

It's just as useful as all the other rumors being handed out these days.

I could see this.

Gives the team time to read and digest and be a bit more prepared for the media onslaught.

Of course there won't be one if exonerated though.

I have it from a very well placed source that the Wells Report will be released 3 days after the 2059 NFL Draft, just after Tom Brady's grandson has been chosen 1st by the New England Patriots after they have stockpiled 3 first round draft choices and traded them to the Cleveland Browns to take the pick. Roger Goodell's twin daughters, whom have still not publicly announced their first names and only go by the name of Commissioners Goodell, make the announcement stating that all "i's" have finally been dotted and all "t's" have finally been crossed by Atty Wells' great-grandson Biff Wells.

I have it from a very well placed source that the Wells Report will be released

:yay2::yay2::yay2:popcornpopcornpopcorn

3 days after the 2059 NFL Draft, just after Tom Brady's grandson has been chosen 1st by the New England Patriots after they have stockpiled 3 first round draft choices and traded them to the Cleveland Browns to take the pick. Roger Goodell's twin daughters, whom have still not publicly announced their first names and only go by the name of Commissioners Goodell, make the announcement stating that all "i's" have finally been dotted and all "t's" have finally been crossed by Atty Wells' great-grandson Biff Wells.

9nlIKN8.gif

Sharks of Vegas ‏@SharksOfVegas 6m6 minutes ago
As #DeflateGate comes to a close, I want your favorite quote convicting the Patriots from a media personality. #LetsEat

As #DeflateGate comes to a close, I want your favorite quote convicting the Patriots from a media personality. #LetsEat

Not a quote per say.

th

“I think people sometimes get a skewed view of Tom Brady,” Sherman said Wednesday at a news conference in Seattle. “That he’s just a clean-cut [guy], does everything right, never says a bad word to anyone and we know him to be otherwise.”
Richard Sherman, Seattle Seahawks cornerback

"I did not believe what Tom had to say," former Packers, New York Jets and Jacksonville Jaguars player Brunell said on ESPN. "Those balls were deflated. Somebody had to do it. I don't believe there's an equipment manager in the NFL that would, on his own initiative, deflate a ball without the starting QB's approval ... That football is our livelihood. If you don't feel good about throwing that ball? Your success on the football field can suffer from that."
Mark Brunell, former Green Bay Packers quarterback

"I'm so disappointed because I thought this was a perfect opportunity for Tom Brady to go and say 'You know what? I made a mistake. I blew it. It's on me. I'll take the blame here, and this will go away.' He didn't do that," Bettis, nicknamed "The Bus," told ESPN. "I'm disappointed in you, Tom Brady."
Jerome Bettis, former Los Angeles/St. Louis Rams and Pittsburgh Steelers halfback

"This is unbelievable," Dawkins, nicknamed "Weapon X," said on ESPN. "For you not to know what you touch every play? ... The equipment manager is being thrown under the bus now. Now he's the guy. Now he's the one responsible. He took it upon himself to doctor up the balls when nobody else knew about it? That hard [to believe]."
Brian Dawkins, former Philadelphia Eagles and Denver Broncos safety

"That would have to be driven by the quarterback," Madden told The Sports Xchange on Wednesday. "That's something that wouldn't be driven by a coach or just the equipment guy. Nobody, not even the head coach, would do anything to a football unilaterally, such as adjust the amount of pressure in a ball, without the quarterback not knowing. It would have to be the quarterback's idea."
John Madden, former Oakland Raiders coach

"It's obvious that Tom Brady had something to do with this," Aikman told Dallas sports radio station KTCK-AM on Thursday. "For the balls to be deflated, that doesn't happen unless the quarterback wants that to happen, I can assure you of that."
Troy Aikman, former Dallas Cowboys quarterback

"It's cheating," Hines Ward said on Wednesday. "Regardless of how you may want to spin it. It helps Tom Brady, provides a better grip on the football, especially in bad weather conditions like rain."
Hines Ward, former Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver

““I mean, it’s easy to figure out who did it,” Montana said. “Did Tom do it? No, but Tom likes the balls that way, obviously, or you wouldn’t have 11 of them that way without him complaining, because as a quarterback, you know how you like the ball. If it doesn’t feel like that, something is wrong.” I ever want a ball a certain way, I don’t do it myself. So, somebody did it for him,” said Montana. “But I don’t know why everybody is making a big deal out of trying to figure out who did it. It’s pretty simple. If it was done, it was done for a reason. There is only one guy that does it. Nobody else cares what the ball feels like.”
Joe Montana, former San Francisco and Kansas City Quarterback

“I’m going to be point blank, I feel like it’s cheating,” Rice told The Jim Rome Show. “Because you have an edge up on your opponent and its unfortunate that it happened. I’m not saying the outcome of the game would have been different or anything like that because they got beat 45-7, but they still had an edge. I’ve played in cold weather, I know how hard the football is and you can grip the leather [if deflated] just a little bit better,”
Jerry Rice, former San Francisco Receiver

My fav was Ray Lewis going nuts on national tv about the Pats and deflategate... like they were getting away with murder or something :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back