Deflated Footballs? - Ballgate posts go here - NSFW

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are making something out of the Rogers story that ain't there.

Rogers said he likes them overinflated.

You're missing the part that he's complaining because he doesn't get them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Think you missed it

Unless we all somehow believe a Pats staffer magically deflated 11 balls on the sidelines of an NFL football game without anyone noticing (LOL what?!), I think this must come back on the league. The only way I can imagine 11 of 12 balls being underinflated is if the weather played a role OR the refs didn't properly inspect the balls.

I don't see how this falls on the Pats, but in the eyes of the media and opposing fan bases, NE is already guilty and a win in this SB will be another asterisk win.

The refs handle the ball between every snap. On inclement weather days they're also attending to the ball more than norm, wiping it down etc.

How they didn't determine something was fishy just gives it justification it's been going on everywhere for quite some time.

But don't let that ruin your witch hunt.

I'm devorstated today, I'm pissed and will most likely never watch another NFL game. The Patriots are arrogant lying cheaters. If this is the Patriots doings

Dude, you need to come in off the ledge.

Dude by the name of Matt Johnson on the PFW in Progress facebook page posted about this.

Kudos!

An actual real life reenactment that produced similar outcome. And that's without 300+ LB fatties falling on them!

As I've heard others explain, the umpire is the only who ever really touches the ball, and they are only putting it down as quickly as possible, then getting out of the way. They don't really touch it enough to notice, as you would have to give it a good squeeze to notice a difference in pressure.

An equipment manager, on the other hand, could probably tell quicker.
Posted via Mobile Device

BS.

The ball is tossed to the near ref. Wiped down on bad days. Tossed to the field spotting ref and placed. Generally at least 2 handle it on any given play.

Not to mention the tosses to the sidelines for a fresh ball.

I'm just stating a fact. Probably why they attempted the FG, he was hitting them in warmups. Don't shoot the messenger, just stating a fact
I know before the game. I almost lost my balance during one of those wind gust.

This reminds me of the typical gameday thread. Just about everybody's up in arms, can't believe this could happen, it's a travesty, why is our team sucking so much, yada yada yada....

Then as time goes on, things start going the way we expected...really good. And our New England Patriots are vindicated in the end!

I expect that by 10:45 pm on Sunday Feb. 1st, this will all be a humorous footnote, as the Patriots lift the Lombardi Trophy in glee. Nothing against the Seahawks. But I expect the Patriots to play 60 tough minutes that night (60+ if need be), and we'll be thumbing our nose at every jealous fan!

It's about Browner, Revis, Brady, Blount, Sherman, Lynch, and Wilson, folks, and I'm sure they'll all be quite prepared to put on a good game. And, did I mention, Rob Gronkowski is healthy, and ready for bear?

And where exactly did you hear or read that? Because I haven't seen one thing about the Colts' balls anywhere at any time.

Link, please.

I believe Gerry Austin said as much on either EEI or M&M. I read this on another forum, I'll dig for a link in the meantime.

I'm with you, Steve1 :thumb:

Some here have glasses half-full, others have glasses half-empty.

My cup runneth over!

The Patriots are going to the Super Bowl!!!

It's looking more and more like the ballboy, at some point after the officials measured the balls, did the dirty deed and stuck his needle into the balls deflating them in the process.

Question them becomes, does the league have any viable proof?

If not, then the Pats are golden.
If so, then the Pats are ****ed.

Hopefully the ballboy was promised to be paid more than what he can profit off selling his weapon of choice on Ebay.

At what should be a joyous and happy time this is all so depressing

It's looking more and more like the ballboy, at some point after the officials measured the balls, did the dirty deed and stuck his needle into the balls deflating them in the process.

Question them becomes, does the league have any viable proof?

If not, then the Pats are golden.
If so, then the Pats are ****ed.

Hopefully the ballboy was promised to be paid more than what he can profit off selling his weapon of choice on Ebay.

At what should be a joyous and happy time this is all so depressing
Would be pretty dope if it turns out that the ballboy did it but was paid by Irsay to do it ROFL

It is even simpler and more obvious than that, Lisa.

This thread has expanded exponentially by the amount of hot air posts it contains. I'm expecting this thread to eventually be lifted into the atmosphere, and in essence, float. Which is, in fact, what sh*t usually does.
That's right.
However, the same thing would have happened to the balls the Colts were using.

Would be pretty dope if it turns out that the ballboy did it but was paid by Irsay to do it ROFL

Yeah, but now flip flop that and say it was the Patriots that did this, not good at all

Think you missed it

The refs handle the ball between every snap. On inclement weather days they're also attending to the ball more than norm, wiping it down etc.

How they didn't determine something was fishy just gives it justification it's been going on everywhere for quite some time.

But don't let that ruin your witch hunt.

Dude, you need to come in off the ledge.

Kudos!

An actual real life reenactment that produced similar outcome. And that's without 300+ LB fatties falling on them!

BS.

The ball is tossed to the near ref. Wiped down on bad days. Tossed to the field spotting ref and placed. Generally at least 2 handle it on any given play.

Not to mention the tosses to the sidelines for a fresh ball.

Not bs and it looks like the NFL has already said nope, no dice on that.
Posted via Mobile Device

And no, the physics professir did not deny that air expands and contracts with temperature. Hs said that the kind of air loss necessary for that much pressure drop is not possible.
Posted via Mobile Device

OK then, not as important as I thought.

If a moderator wants to merge this with the mega thread, please do.

And no, the physics professir did not deny that air expands and contracts with temperature. Hs said that the kind of air loss necessary for that much pressure drop is not possible.
Posted via Mobile Device

What if the balls are defective, like your team?

I'm supporting my team 100% regardless of the outcome of this BS

1- MANY former and current NFL players have said ALL TEAMS "TAMPER" with the footballs

2- It has no impact on the game

3- WE TALKIN BOUT AIR PRESSURE, MAN. NOT THE GAME.

They hate us cuz they aint us. Jealous, irrational HATERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back