Deflated Footballs? - Ballgate posts go here - NSFW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats deflated ball was going on against the colts in november also...

Colts journalist on radio....

Brady loved when Gronk crush the ball on the Ground after a TD... loved those ball delating! :)

NFL is a Billions $ corporation... cannot keep track of 12 to 24 football! :)

amazing

new rules next yr.... vault for football?

Former NFL Ref Is Convinced The Patriots Intentionally Deflated Balls In The AFC Title Game

CORK GAINES

JAN. 21, 2015, 3:25 PM 9,717 17

Former NFL referee Gerry Austin was a guest on ESPN Radio's "Mike & Mike Show" and made it clear that he believes somebody from the New England Patriots intentionally deflated the game balls the team used on offense during its AFC Championship Game win over the Indianapolis Colts.

When asked about how the balls could have become deflated, he said he was convinced there was only one way that could have happened.

"My understanding is, all 12 balls were under the 13 pounds [pressure limit*]," Austin told the show. "But 11 of them were more than 2 pounds under the 13 pounds. And I take away from that somebody has let some air out of the balls."

Austin also debunked the common explanation that the pressure in the balls was lower because of the cold air.

"Both team's balls were brought in at halftime to my understanding and all 24 balls were checked," Austin said. "The Colts' balls were still up to 13 pounds and the Patriots' balls were not."

Austin also said he had never seen a situation like this as an official, noting that he had never been in a situation where he or his crew were asked to remeasure the pressure in balls after the game started.

Fox's officiating expert Mike Pereira said something similar on Wednesday. Here's how he described what he believes happened to the balls:

[The balls] leave the locker room before the game. They go into the hands of the ball boys, and the extra balls are put at the replay monitor where there's a guard standing by that monitor. Well somebody got to somebody and took a couple of pounds out of the balls.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-official-patriots-deflated-deflategate-2015-1#ixzz3PVI3n8Pe

Also, I'd like to go on record saying I support any punishment that involves the Colts getting your draft picks.

Our run game/run defense needs all the help it can get.

Also, I'd like to go on record saying I support any punishment that involves the Colts getting your draft picks.

I'm sorry, but we refuse to provide first round charity picks to the Browns.

Former NFL Ref Is Convinced The Patriots Intentionally Deflated Balls In The AFC Title Game

CORK GAINES

Former NFL referee Gerry Austin was a guest on ESPN Radio's "Mike & Mike Show" and made it clear that he believes somebody from the New England Patriots intentionally deflated the game balls the team used on offense during its AFC Championship Game win over the Indianapolis Colts.

When asked about how the balls could have become deflated, he said he was convinced there was only one way that could have happened.

"My understanding is, all 12 balls were under the 13 pounds [pressure limit*]," Austin told the show. "But 11 of them were more than 2 pounds under the 13 pounds. And I take away from that somebody has let some air out of the balls."

Austin also debunked the common explanation that the pressure in the balls was lower because of the cold air.

"Both team's balls were brought in at halftime to my understanding and all 24 balls were checked," Austin said. "The Colts' balls were still up to 13 pounds and the Patriots' balls were not."

Austin also said he had never seen a situation like this as an official, noting that he had never been in a situation where he or his crew were asked to remeasure the pressure in balls after the game started.

Fox's officiating expert Mike Pereira said something similar on Wednesday. Here's how he described what he believes happened to the balls:

[The balls] leave the locker room before the game. They go into the hands of the ball boys, and the extra balls are put at the replay monitor where there's a guard standing by that monitor. Well somebody got to somebody and took a couple of pounds out of the balls.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-official-patriots-deflated-deflategate-2015-1#ixzz3PVI3n8Pe
Good then maybe they have film of anyone taking air out of the balls.

Soon after Goodell will be seen in an orange jumpsuit out in the desert......Al Davis

CORK GAINES

You're still around? Nobody gives a shit what you have to say. Austin isn't even an official anymore, and NOBODY has confirmed that the Colts's balls were gauged at halftime. Oh, except for Austin, who is irrelevant.

Pats deflated ball was going on against the colts in november also...

Colts journalist on radio....

Brady loved when Gronk crush the ball on the Ground after a TD... loved those ball delating! :)

Funny how ONLY the Colts have noticed this....

It is the teams responsibility to keep the balls after they have been inspected/approved by the officials before the game.
The team is basically on the honor system not to tamper with them after they have been approved.

If the Pats had initially submitted under infflated balls before the game, and they had been approved by the officials, this would not have been a big deal.
I think that's what Rogers was saying when he said the Packers submit balls that are inflated to the max,(or over the max) and the officials deflate them if they are over.

The information coming out today is disturbing.
If the officials did indeed inspect the balls prior to the game and fond them within tolerance, either the weather was responsible, or the balls were tampered with after they had been returned to the Patriots.
The fact that the Indy balls remained within tolerance seems to rule out the weather factor.
I am hoping that something comes out that would support an alternative explanation.
But, frankly, I am not hopeful at this point.
If the balls were tampered with while they were in the team's possession, I think this is a very serious offense.
Any Pats' fan who thinks they will get off with a fine or a slap on the wrist is delusional.
This incident would have a major negative impact on the league's showpiece event. Fans and neutral observers will RIGHTLY claim that there are serious doubts to the legitimacy of one of the teams.
Given the team's prior history, no one would be satisfied by simply taking away a first round pick.

I think it would be something along the lines of loss of a first round pick and something else big...such as a 1 year suspension of Belichick, or a 1 year ban from post season play. Or even losing the right to host any playoff games at Gillette next season.
I am holding onto hope until all the facts are out.
But, at this point I am ANGRY,BRO at this team. Disgusted.
I have been a Pats Fan for half a century.
They have given me an incredible amount of drama and thrills, especially since 2001.
I am giving serious consideration to jumping off the bandwagon and renouncing my fanhood even as they prepare for the Super Bowl
I am tired of defending their cheating.
Mainly because I feel they have cheated ME, as a fan.
They have made a mockery of fair competition, and this hurts the entire NFL

No it isn't.

From the NFL Rule book.

The Referee shall be the sole judge as to whether all balls offered for play comply with these specifications. A pump is to be furnished by the home club, and the balls shall remain under the supervision of the Referee until they are delivered to the ball attendant just prior to the start of the game.

If they want to be really harsh, they will make the Pats take Trent Richardson & pay his salary while your team gets cap relief.:tongue:

I have no problem with appropriate punishment if they have actual proof someone on the Pats did this. My problem is that I read a statement someone put on tv today from Goodell from awhile back where he said they need to require LESS proof for anything that he feels affects the competitive balance of the game. UM WUT?

Kornheiser just compared Belichick to Whitey Bulger.

A mass murderer.

A drug dealer.

A man that was on the FBI's Ten Most Wanted List.

And that, folks, sums up the hatred for the New England Patriots.

If they spit gum on the sidewalk, the masses would want a 10-yr prison sentence.

If they want to be really harsh, they will make the Pats take Trent Richardson & pay his salary while your team gets cap relief.:tongue:

I have no problem with appropriate punishment if they have actual proof someone on the Pats did this. My problem is that I read a statement someone put on tv today from Goodell from awhile back where he said they need to require LESS proof for anything that he feels affects the competitive balance of the game. UM WUT?

Oh hell yeah. I could troll Chevss all year long!

:evil:

What pisses me off the most, is how irrational fans really are....

I'd say a good 50% of the population believes this type of shit is WHY the Pats win.

I understand how stuff like this can turn fans off on the BB and the organization as a whole, I r

I'm hearing Jaric will be traded to us in exchanged for a 7th round draft pick. NFL sources are saying this will be the most severe punishment ever handed out in Sports history...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back