Demarius Thomas drafted by McDaniels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolade

Reaction score
I remember when MCD was head coach at Denver he was beat up for drafting tebow, but when Denver beat Pittsburgh in the playoffs, Tebow completed the winning pass to Thomas who looked like a phenom running away from dbs . So MCD gets credit for drafting him.

Now Thomas is here with Patriots so I wondered what connection they have and how that plays into his ability to contribute to this offense..

Thoughts or comments ?

Yeah, I think we all wonder if Thomas has enough value to make the 53.

Yeah, I think we all wonder if Thomas has enough value to make the 53.

He's not cleared to practice yet, so currently there's zero value.
I have no expectations for him whatsoever.

I’d be happier if Meyers pans out and we can use the extra cap savings when Gronk comes back after Thanksgiving.

Is it just injuries that have slowed him down? I mean he’s not That old. What like 31? He’s not gonna be asked to be a number one or two option. What the third at best right? Isn’t that worth waiting to get him healthy?

Is it just injuries that have slowed him down? I mean he’s not That old. What like 31? He’s not gonna be asked to be a number one or two option. What the third at best right? Isn’t that worth waiting to get him healthy?

Nobody has said cut him.

He’s on PUP anyways. If that lasts they camp they have until Week 10 I believe to make a decision. There’s no rush.

In the meantime let’s see what else we have.

As we've seen with numerous other receivers, seems the no.1 challenge is fitting into the system with MCD and Brady, finding a niche along with the chemistry and timing with big Tom.

So having coached him before, MCD must have some idea of what he can do for this team . Gotta get him out there and find out..

I remember when MCD was head coach at Denver he was beat up for drafting tebow, but when Denver beat Pittsburgh in the playoffs, Tebow completed the winning pass to Thomas who looked like a phenom running away from dbs . So MCD gets credit for drafting him.

Now Thomas is here with Patriots so I wondered what connection they have and how that plays into his ability to contribute to this offense..

Thoughts or comments ?
As long as they win another super bowl, I can't say that I care too much either way.

:shrug_n:

I’d be happier if Meyers pans out and we can use the extra cap savings when Gronk comes back after Thanksgiving.

Oscar?

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Thoughts or comments ?

Wasn't he toast a few years ago when he was with Teabag Manning?

Reports say Thomas is feeling ready..

week 1 " surprise...!".... If someone told you a few years ago that Patriots had demarius Thomas and Josh Gordon to compliment Brady and Edelman..... Um you woulda said ... " Yah right.." . Thanks MCD.. ;)

I'll remain skeptical of Thomas' ability to contribute until I actual see him on the field.

He sucked for numerous years before...even when he was in Denver. I'm not counting on him to do much of anything.

He sucked for numerous years before...even when he was in Denver. I'm not counting on him to do much of anything.

Looks like he'll make the roster. I'll defer to Belichick, he's earned it time and again.

Doesn’t mean he’ll stick if he is on the opening roster. Bills is one of the more fluid in the league.

I'll remain skeptical of Thomas' ability to contribute until I actual see him on the field.

This.

He has "give it a try and retire" written all over him. It's good to see him chumming up with Brady, though. It's clear Brady is hoping he can go back to what he was in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back