Devin Hester

tommysgirl

Willing to eat this for Babalu
Reaction score
Just announced on PTI that the Bears have announced that Hester will not be returning any kicks this season.

That makes a ton of sense.WTF?

Just announced on PTI that the Bears have announced that Hester will not be returning any kicks this season.

That's like saying that Tom Brady won't be throwing any passes because we want to preserve him for scrambling. Truly f***ed up, I agree.

Since I was out of the loop last year, how did he progress as a WR?

If he is a major part of their plans on offense I can see some rationale, assuming that they have someone who can return nearly as well as he can, of course.

Since I was out of the loop last year, how did he progress as a WR?

If he is a major part of their plans on offense I can see some rationale, assuming that they have someone who can return nearly as well as he can, of course.

he did pretty well actually

in 2008 Hester had 51 Recs | 13.0 Avg | 65 Lng | 4.2 YAC | 3 TDs

so I figure Jay Cutler convinced Lovie Smith so that he wouldn't demand another trade or something if people were to challange him too hard on why he is a bust/potential Brett Favre-clone w/o ever sniffing a SuperBowl, ever, that Devin was his Randy Moss and the rest will be NFL history in 2009 on account of Cutler did go to a Pro Bowl and is/was the next John Elway and shid or something

so I figure Jay Cutler convinced Lovie Smith so that he wouldn't demand another trade or something if people were to challange him too hard on why he is a bust/potential Brett Favre-clone w/o ever sniffing a SuperBowl, ever, that Devin was his Randy Moss and the rest will be NFL history in 2009 on account of Cutler did go to a Pro Bowl and is/was the next John Elway and shid or something

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

You got to hand it to Lovie Smith.
He's taking a beyond phenomenal kick returner and making him a tremendously average receiver.:toast:

I wonder how Hester himself feels about this. After all, there are about 12 zillion WR's in the league, but only a few major standout returners.

Hester made his bones running 'em back. Now he's just another pretty face. :)

I'm out of breath after reading this...:p

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

You got to hand it to Lovie Smith.
He's taking a beyond phenomenal kick returner and making him a tremendously average receiver.:toast:

To be honest, he was a tremendously average returner last year as well.

Code:
Kick Return
G 	Ret 	Yds 	Avg 	Lng 	TD 	20+ 	40+ 	FC 	FUM
15  	31  	679  	21.9  	51  	0  	20  	2  	0  	1

Punt Return
15  	32  	198  	6.2  	25  	0  	4  	0  	14  	3

SSDD

I would think this is a good move. They really want him producing offensively, and by getting him off the return team he can focus more on running routes and not having the chance of getting hurt on special teams.

Yes, he was great a few years ago but that was when he was coming into the league and trying to make a name for himseld and trying to find a place on his team. He doesn't need to do that anymore.

This has to be about,His rookie contract ending soon,and Chicago trying to appease him so they can resign him.
If they didn't give him a chance as a fulltime wr,
He'd move on to a team that would give him that chance.

If he sucks as a fulltime WR,Chicago has gained goodwill by trying him at that position.(Once Resigned they can always spin it,So he'd be willing to go back to what he's good at)

Goodwill could save Chicago $

I remember finding a Facebook group over the winter called Don't Give Devin Hester a Christmas Present Because He'll Just Return It. ROFL

This has to be about,His rookie contract ending soon,and Chicago trying to appease him so they can resign him.
If they didn't give him a chance as a fulltime wr,
He'd move on to a team that would give him that chance.

If he sucks as a fulltime WR,Chicago has gained goodwill by trying him at that position.(Once Resigned they can always spin it,So he'd be willing to go back to what he's good at)

Goodwill could save Chicago $

Hester signed a contract extension last year - his money depends on production as a WR.

http://archives.chicagotribune.com/2008/jul/27/sports/cs-080727-devin-hester-chicago-bears-contract

Back