Dion Lewis injury watch ~ ACL tear, lost for season

White was not active for the game. Bolden was the only option.

You must not have seen BB's remarks about Bolden after the game. I get where you're coming from but it was Bolden, not White, who was in for that TD. Strange to be sure and it doesn't align with current thinking but it happened.

That's not a hard puzzle to decipher chev.

Can't score when you're inactive.

He won't be this week.

I'm sure it gave BB a pants tent. Next man up steps up and fills the role to perfection. Thus the due praise. But I don't see him the long term replacement.

Lewis' role will be absorbed by a combination of those guys, I would think. Don't write off White yet... he's barely played, and it took a guy like Vereen a couple of years to really settle in. If we compare him to what Lewis was doing these past eight weeks, we'll all be disappointed. Lewis was (literally) putting up numbers at an historic clip when it comes to "elusive" runs (I'm sure you saw the same stat/report/graphic I saw on this).

My guess is that both White and Bolden get a little work early, and BB rides with the "hot hand." Bolden's special team duties make him more valuable to BB though, so if I had to speculate, I'd lean 60/40 in terms of the actual workload, with White getting the larger share.

One intriguing talent that (I think) is still out there is Dri Archer. But it's not like there are a ton of NFL-caliber running backs out there looking for jobs.

because he stinks, there I said it but others are thinking it

and man I hope he reads this and gets pissed off and plays balls out.

When Lewis was out vs the Jets, I thought White did a very respectable job especially in pass protection. I think he can replicate what Vereen did for us last year, obviously nothing close to Lewis but still good enough for us to win a SB with.

I'm getting intrigued with the concept of DA lining up in the backfield, similar to how they deployed APerp a bunch.

I think the kids a gamer, and any way we can get him the ball the better.

That sad thing about Dion blowing out his ACL it usually takes two full years to be back at that same strength, speed, and AGILITY... He wont be the same player next year, and he'll have to be careful making those same cuts...

That sad thing about Dion blowing out his ACL it usually takes two full years to be back at that same strength, speed, and AGILITY... He wont be the same player next year, and he'll have to be careful making those same cuts...

Not true at all.

They've come a long way.

Every player is different. But look at AP's timeline. Ridiculous and like he never hurt it.

I'm getting intrigued with the concept of DA lining up in the backfield, similar to how they deployed APerp a bunch.

I think the kids a gamer, and any way we can get him the ball the better.

I was thinking of just that the other day but I think instead of Dola they have Edelman in the backfield who is more shiftier. I think they are saving it for the playoffs similar to how they unleashed it on the broncos in the playoffs in 2011, they had no idea how to defend Aperp coming out of the backfield.

I was thinking of just that the other day but I think instead of Dola they have Edelman in the backfield who is more shiftier. I think they are saving it for the playoffs similar to how they unleashed it on the broncos in the playoffs in 2011, they had no idea how to defend Aperp coming out of the backfield.

Both could excel. Solves the trouble of getting both on the field at the same time.

Not true at all.

They've come a long way.

Every player is different. But look at AP's timeline. Ridiculous and like he never hurt it.
Oh yea I forgot about AP...I hope your right and he's the same guy next year...

That's not a hard puzzle to decipher chev.

Can't score when you're inactive.

He won't be this week.

I'm sure it gave BB a pants tent. Next man up steps up and fills the role to perfection. Thus the due praise. But I don't see him the long term replacement.

This. White was inactive because Lewis is better and one of the core ST guys is a viable emergency option. There simply is no need for White in that situation. If there was really more to the story, White wouldn't have been active when Lewis missed the Jet game. But he was and Bolden never saw the field for a scrimage down.

Lewis' role will be absorbed by a combination of those guys, I would think. Don't write off White yet... he's barely played, and it took a guy like Vereen a couple of years to really settle in. If we compare him to what Lewis was doing these past eight weeks, we'll all be disappointed. Lewis was (literally) putting up numbers at an historic clip when it comes to "elusive" runs (I'm sure you saw the same stat/report/graphic I saw on this).

My guess is that both White and Bolden get a little work early, and BB rides with the "hot hand." Bolden's special team duties make him more valuable to BB though, so if I had to speculate, I'd lean 60/40 in terms of the actual workload, with White getting the larger share.

One intriguing talent that (I think) is still out there is Dri Archer. But it's not like there are a ton of NFL-caliber running backs out there looking for jobs.

I was thinking that this weekend would be a good time for LaFell to have a breakout game.

I was thinking that this weekend would be a good time for LaFell to have a breakout game.

I thought of him too... getting him back and getting him up to speed is a good thing in light of the Lewis injury. Gives them a different dimension they don't always get with Edelman and Amendola.

Amendola should be the one most to benefit since he's the one who came on strong when Lewis was out of action then disappeared when Lewis came back.

This. White was inactive because Lewis is better and one of the core ST guys is a viable emergency option. There simply is no need for White in that situation. If there was really more to the story, White wouldn't have been active when Lewis missed the Jet game. But he was and Bolden never saw the field for a scrimage down.

I hope it does turn out to be White and he finds his groove. He had insane college production. Should find a way to translate.

The thought of DA lining up ala APerp is the fact he's likely motioning out pre-snap. Just dictates coverage I would think. Plus likely a couple more touches. He's productive.

I hope it does turn out to be White and he finds his groove. He had insane college production. Should find a way to translate.

The thought of DA lining up ala APerp is the fact he's likely motioning out pre-snap. Just dictates coverage I would think. Plus likely a couple more touches. He's productive.

Insane college productions. I remember when he was drafted. Either draft experts on NFL network or ESPN had anything good to say about him. Besides he had a good college season . So far they have not been proven wrong. He needs to learn balance & how to make people miss in space .

Back