Dion Lewis injury watch ~ ACL tear, lost for season

Roberto71

Reaction score
Hopefully this pans out. A sprain.

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora
Pats won't know full extent of Dion Lewis injury until his MRI, but the hope is it's an MCL sprain and not more severe after early checks

Good news if just a sprain. Fingers crossed for MRI.

Rats.

Apart from the obvious impact to the Patriots' prospects this year, I was looking forward to comparing Lewis' and Vereen's stats next week.

Even if Lewis is able to play, it won't really be a fair comparison. :sulk:

If it's just a sprained MCL, it's still a 4-6 week injury, and he'll miss the Denver game.

Although it's fantastic news for the playoff run.

It did kind of remind me of the PCL injury that the Arizona running back, Arrington had earlier in the year.

Went to stop with all the weight on that outside knee, it buckled on him. I think he missed 4 or 5 weeks, but to be honest he still doesn't quite look right.

Fcukin injuries ... it's all that will stop this team.

Fcukin injuries ... it's all that will stop this team.

This.

Thankfully the D seems to be getting better every week because this juggernaut O may start slowing down with all the injuries it's suffering...

I hope it's a Mcl sprain. He can take the next 4 games off to recover. He been a key player on offense running & catching the ball.

Rats.

Apart from the obvious impact to the Patriots' prospects this year, I was looking forward to comparing Lewis' and Vereen's stats next week.

Even if Lewis is able to play, it won't really be a fair comparison. :sulk:

Oh come on. I think Lewis on one good leg versus Vereen on two would be pretty fair. :toast:

Per Schefter:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 11h11 hours ago
Patriots RB Dion Lewis scheduled to undergo MRI on his knee. No swelling yet, a good sign. ACL loose, a bad sign. MRI to tell full story.

How do you fix a loose ACL? And how do they know it is loose without MRI? Wonder if it will require surgery.

How do you fix a loose ACL? And how do they know it is loose without MRI? Wonder if it will require surgery.

google "anterior drawer sign"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yQdBrr3Mmj0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If the ACL is partially torn (sprained) but not loose enough to cause pain, rest him as much as possible.

Save him for the POs.

I have hopes for MCL sprain only.

google "anterior drawer sign"

If the ACL is partially torn (sprained) but not loose enough to cause pain, rest him as much as possible.

Save him for the POs.

I have hopes for MCL sprain only.

Thanks. So "loose" means either sprain or tear?

Thanks. So "loose" means either sprain or tear?

A sprain is a partial tear. Ligaments have very little "stretch" built in...when stretched, ligament fibers tear.

Per Schefter:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 11h11 hours ago
Patriots RB Dion Lewis scheduled to undergo MRI on his knee. No swelling yet, a good sign. ACL loose, a bad sign. MRI to tell full story.

Anyone else super-skeptical about Schefter's report?

I'd doubt he'd make it up, but it's beyond bizarre that an ESPN reporter would get this kind of medical information on a Patriots player.

Anyone else super-skeptical about Schefter's report?

I'd doubt he'd make it up, but it's beyond bizarre that an ESPN reporter would get this kind of medical information on a Patriots player.

Yeah, it's Omerta when it comes to the Patriots and medical reports.

I wonder if it will be knee braces for Dion when he returns.

I saw a slo mo of his run and he seemed to have been injured while running and not the tackle.

Back