Divisional Round - Chiefs at Patriots 1/16 4:35pm (CBS)

Several people have mentioned great game plan by KC, but I don't see it. Was it their intention to repeatedly get into 3rd and long situations, only to pull off low probability plays time after time? Hats off to their tenacity, but also a furrowed brow towards our D, who should not be reverting back to that type of form with this unit.

Sent by the voices inside my head

I don't think it was their intentions to kick FGs after long, sustained, time consuming drives either. Unfortunately for them, that was their downfall

In the 2010 Divisional game versus the Jets, they converted on 3rd and long all day long. The only difference was the Jets lived off of Patriots turnovers and short fields. KC's bread and butter was supposedly creating turnovers and capitalizing. Thankfully that didn't happen. The Patriots OL was superb yesterday, and for me, that was the big question mark

We're onto the AFCCG for the 10th time in 14 (Brady) years

Gotta give BB and Patricia credit for taking Kelce away in this game.
6 rec for 23 yards for the game & vs PChung only 12 yards on 6 targets. Great defensive game plan to hold Kelce to 23 total yds.

I agree mostly but I think game might have been different if Smith had a healthy Maclin. Reid also needs to get the guy some more weapons. You can't just live off of Kelce all game. They need another receiver to go along with Maclin and do what the Jets did for Fitz when they got both Decker and Marshall.

Avant isn't good?:huh:

I'll trade LaFail straight up for him.

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

Avant played out of his mind to keep several drives going that normally would have stalled.

He has been invisible the entire year. If he didn't play like he did yesterday the final is probably a blowout.

They should throw to Avant more often...pretty good actually.

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

I think Alex was the only reason this game wasn't over in the first quarter. Guy was doing everything but selling hot dogs at halftime.

He was 10 for 22 for 65 yards in the first half.

Turd.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-0Hamj7KUDE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Love it man. That is one tight locker room, they all work for each other. They came doing this, creating the most unified group of players in the league. People don't give them enough credit for that, you can't win if the player next to you in the trenches isn't there for you.

Back