Divisional Round - Chiefs at Patriots 1/16 4:35pm (CBS)

Thanks for coming by Notorious. I said this in the game thread - that Chiefs team is tenacious. They really hung in there when some other teams would have folded. You guys had a great season and reason for optimism for the future.

Sent from my Enigma Device

Thanks for coming by Notorious. I said this in the game thread - that Chiefs team is tenacious. They really hung in there when some other teams would have folded. You guys had a great season and reason for optimism for the future.

Sent from my Enigma Device

Thanks.

A lot of guys are pissed, but I was happy they fought to the end.

They just didn't have the firepower to keep up.

If Avant doesn't make circus catches all day on crucial 3rd and 4th downs this game is a blowout.

Reid can take him Timex and shove it up his ass.

Thanks.

A lot of guys are pissed, but I was happy they fought to the end.

They just didn't have the firepower to keep up.

If Avant doesn't make circus catches all day on crucial 3rd and 4th downs this game is a blowout.

Reid can take his Timex and shove it up his ass.

He's got a long history of clock mismanagement.

Sports Illustrated Verified account ‏<s>@</s>SInow <small class="time">https://twitter.com/SInow/status/688536890035847168 </small> Here's how Andy Reid mismanaged the clock at the end of Chiefs' loss to Patriots: http://on.si.com/1JRDymN

Good game, guys. Alex doesn't have what it takes to win this.

I think Alex was the only reason this game wasn't over in the first quarter. Guy was doing everything but selling hot dogs at halftime.

Good game, guys. Alex doesn't have what it takes to win this.

?? I thought Smith was the best player on the field for the Chiefs. Pats were just better everywhere.

Final Thoughts:

Alex Smith is OK, a good, competitive QB who you can win with, but he's not a top 5 guy and if you are playing from behind he's in a tough spot. His speed and elusiveness are underrated but he is inaccurate on throws down the field.

We've heard the "______ front 4 is going to dominate" so many times it's buzzed into background noise but the front four can't create problems against the Pats unless the defensive backs are good enough to jam the receivers at take away the quick passing game.

Andy Reid is like Alex Smith, he's a good coach, better than many, but he's not great and his limitations are exposed in the playoffs.

It's becoming clear that our offense is a Ferrari, and like a Ferrari, all the moving parts must be present and in good working order or the thing doesn't start. Pray for health.

Final Thoughts:

Alex Smith is OK, a good, competitive QB who you can win with, but he's not a top 5 guy and if you are playing from behind he's in a tough spot. His speed and elusiveness are underrated but he is inaccurate on throws down the field.

We've heard the "______ front 4 is going to dominate" so many times it's buzzed into background noise but the front four can't create problems against the Pats unless the defensive backs are good enough to jam the receivers at take away the quick passing game.

Andy Reid is like Alex Smith, he's a good coach, better than many, but he's not great and his limitations are exposed in the playoffs.

It's becoming clear that our offense is a Ferrari, and like a Ferrari, all the moving parts must be present and in good working order or the thing doesn't start. Pray for health.

I agree mostly but I think game might have been different if Smith had a healthy Maclin. Reid also needs to get the guy some more weapons. You can't just live off of Kelce all game. They need another receiver to go along with Maclin and do what the Jets did for Fitz when they got both Decker and Marshall.

It was a smart game plan by the chiefs. They kept driving except 1 3 & out the entire game into NE territory.

It was a smart game plan by the chiefs. They kept driving except 1 3 & out the entire game into NE territory.

Avant played out of his mind to keep several drives going that normally would have stalled.

He has been invisible the entire year. If he didn't play like he did yesterday the final is probably a blowout.

You can't kick FGs in New England and expect to win. KC's game plan was perfect, they just didn't finish drives.

They had a 17 play 8 1/2 minute drive that infuriated me beyond belief, converting 3rd down after 3rd down. Problem is they only got a FG. They did a good job keeping the Pats offense off the field. The problem there was the Pats offense ripped right through them for quick TDs. It was a great effort by the Chiefs. I was really happy to see the OL giving Brady a perfect pocket to throw. That Brady scramble was a TD, that was a good lost challenge. Andy Reid had yet another clock management issue yesterday too. They had 3 time outs and let 30 seconds burn down to the 2 minute warning with their offense having a ton of momentum and a tired Patriots defense. They pinned the Patriots at the 2 yd line after DA's stupid penalty and the Pats scored a TD on a 10 play, 98 yard drive. That's the difference between the 2 teams.

Sorry for all the jumbled thoughts, I typed this quickly

A lot of dropped balls for Jules, he needs time on the jugs machine

He was shaking off the rust . Don't forget Lefell dropped 7 balls in his return. He did make up for it with some great plays

He was shaking off the rust . Don't forget Lefell dropped 7 balls in his return. He did make up for it with some great plays

That he did, I was searching for a negative in the game and you already had the third down issue.

You working or off next week? If working you know all those Star Wars fans are going to be doing play by play to piss you off.

Back