Does Miami scare you...even just a little bit...this year?

FallingAlice

V'Ger
Reaction score
I think we'll have our hands full with them this year. Hell, we always did even when Wannstadt was the coach.

I know many on the board haven't plugged into the Nick Saban experience, but Saban scares me more than just a little bit. Hell, he's Croatian.

While I believe the Pats could go 15-1 or 14-2, there's no reason to believe that the Dolphins could not beat the Pats. I'd have to consider the Finz at least a little bit better than they were last season and they handed the Pats a loss despite their horribleness (not a word) last season. Just ask Thomas about this loss if you don't remember it.

Like back o' pack stated, we'll see what they've really got going under Saban after a few weeks. But the Dolphins are a division rival and will have no problem getting up for the games against the Pats.

We will know a lot more about both the Jets and the Dolphins when they meet next week. I have trouble believing the Jets are as bad as they looked, or the Dolphins as good. We shall see.

But you just have to respect them. Most of the recent Patriots losses seemed to come more when the Patriots are flat rather than against the greatest of opponents. As Pittsburgh and Miami beat them last year, I kind of expect them to see the Patriots' A Game this year. The stumble is more likely to come against someone else.

I don't see why people are so friggin giddy over the Dolphins. They looked awful in 3 quarters. One Champ Bailey and another Bronco went down, and the south florida heat took its toll, the Broncos were done. Untill the guppies do it on a consistant basis, they're nothing to me.

I respect/fear every team in the NFL. As the saying goes... "Any Given Sunday." And it's true.

blantyr said:
We will know a lot more about both the Jets and the Dolphins when they meet next week. I have trouble believing the Jets are as bad as they looked, or the Dolphins as good. We shall see.

But you just have to respect them. Most of the recent Patriots losses seemed to come more when the Patriots are flat rather than against the greatest of opponents. As Pittsburgh and Miami beat them last year, I kind of expect them to see the Patriots' A Game this year. The stumble is more likely to come against someone else.

You hit the nail on the head blantyr. This game should tell us a lot about both teams. If it's a close game, regardless of who wins then I think they will still both be unknowns as to what to expect this season.

On the other hand, if Miami thumps them then I think there is reason to be concerned. The Jets after last week should respond with a very good game in their home opener. But I do think they have some serious holes on both sides of the ball.

You can't really read too much into week 1 just because there are always fluke games. But just the fact that Wanny is gone is reason to believe that Miami will be vastly improved this season. Only Saban falling flat on his face could prevent that in my mind and I don't expect that to happen.

The important thing to me is that the Pats take care of business in Carolina. This likely will be one of the toughest games they have all season.

BionicPatriot said:
I don't see why people are so friggin giddy over the Dolphins. They looked awful in 3 quarters. One Champ Bailey and another Bronco went down, and the south florida heat took its toll, the Broncos were done. Untill the guppies do it on a consistant basis, they're nothing to me.

Just think about my old avatar before you ask that question....of the 4 wins they gained last year, one was against the pats when they had dick to prove...We have all known they have had a stellar defense for 3-4 years running, and lets be honest here, the broncos have a top 5 defense...so if the dolphins learned to play offense under saban, that could be a damn troubling thing...

BionicPatriot said:
and the south florida heat took its toll, the Broncos were done

Absolutely, South Florida in September, the opposite of what happens when teams visit Mile High Denver in the wintertime.

I just cannot imagine the Dolphins doing anything with Gus Ferrotte as QB.

But stranger things have happened.

I think we are going to have our hands full with a lot of teams. Everyone is gunning for us now and to take out 3 in a row. I will be interested in the playoffs. Thats when everyone we play will throw everything they can at them. It's definitely going to be an interesting season and fun to watch.

I didn't see the Fins game last week other than the 10 minute recap on On Demand.

From what I could see their defensive line looked strong and was keeping the blocks off Zack. It looked like he was playing outstanding.

Any defense that has Zack and Taylor can give you problems and I won't say I fear them, but the defense looked surprisingly strong up front.

I also thought David Boston looked to be in tremendous shape and we haven't heard a peep out of him lately. He is capable of being one of the best WRs in the game if Saban can get his mind right. If they had a decent QB......

I think we do need to factor in that they were playing Denver at home in tropical heat and I expect Denver will suck this year.

Call me slightly impressed, but not scared.

They probably aren't as good as they looked, but the Jets might very well be as bad as they did.

joephoto said:
Absolutely, South Florida in September, the opposite of what happens when teams visit Mile High Denver in the wintertime.
That's a good point. It's tough for anyone to win in Miami when it's still hot.
________
digital vaporizer

Benign Despot said:
David Boston note, coutesy of Micheal Felger:

When Boston was in Arizona he didn't want to practice in full pads during the week because the shoulder pads irritated his nipple rings.

Football is really important to this guy.

That is a good one. I hadn't heard that, but was aware that Boston is one effed up dude.

His ego is off the charts and he has this "superior" thing going on where he sees himself as infinitely better than anyone else on his team in terms of nutrition, conditioning, athletic ability etc. Unfortunately for him and his team, his training seems to leave him injured constantly.

Supposedly he is the most obnoxious individual in the league, but when healthy he can be very dangerous.

He might be the closest thing to a Ben Watson-type athlete that we see all year.

It's really too early to say. It might be that Denver sucks this year. All division game are tough, but I think we'll do fine (at least this year) against the Phins.

In the end, I think it's going to come down to us, Pittsburgh, and the Colts again. I suspect it will take 14 wins to get that 1st round bye. Both the Colts & Steelers could win every game in their divisions this year, so we're going to have to keep pace. The key will be for us to beat both of them for the tiebreakers.
________
Ferrari 365 specifications

Back