Eagles vs Patriots Game Thread

0-1 and it doesn't get any easier. D is legit, offense, well..yeah.

Mac had over 300 yards and this offense showed a lot in this first game against a SB team from last season.

We should have won it, errors and turnovers, but by god there is a lot to like here. The defense is savage and the offense is already much improved.

Yeah, have fun with the moral victory stuff. Patriots had that game won, and blew it with a lot of the same bullshit from last year. This defense is special, we'll see how it goes, but nah, this sucks, you wasted a gem of a defensive effort with a sloppy first quarter and bad playcalling in the 2nd half.

Mac had over 300 yards and this offense showed a lot in this first game against a SB team from last season.

We should have won it, errors and turnovers, but by god there is a lot to like here. The defense is savage and the offense is already much improved.
I mean, I get this. But we need Ws on the board. "A better-looking" 8-9 is not acceptable to me.

Take away that lousy first quarter, and the patriots win this game easily. An opportunity lost here however, I was very pleased with the way the team handled being down big in the first quarter.
Hey Piggy, you did a good job with this thread. I vote you start every game thread the rest of the season.

What do you say?

300 yards, and only 20 points. Not good enough, and when it mattered most, it wasn't there. Focusing too much on a couple of guys in the crunch. One net positive is maybe Bourne will get more attention and then open up some stuff for the other other guys. Still, the ball comes out slow, or without enough ooomph a lot of the time and that's hurting them a lot.

Yeah, have fun with the moral victory stuff. Patriots had that game won, and blew it with a lot of the same bullshit from last year. This defense is special, we'll see how it goes, but nah, this sucks, you wasted a gem of a defensive effort with a sloppy first quarter and bad playcalling in the 2nd half.
Well you could go on the Jets band wagon waiting list.

That was a great game. The Patriots had a fine comeback, and the last catch was just out of bounds. And Brady being there....it was fantastic.

This one hurts. Should have been a W. The Eagles were handing it to us at the end ...

Will note this when I speak with Bill later tonight.
I mean, that's cute. If you're cool with a better-looking 8-9, be my guest. But the Patriots need WINS in the win column, and this was one they literally gave away. Tua threw for like 500 yards today, and we get him next week.

I mean, I get this. But we need Ws on the board. "A better-looking" 8-9 is not acceptable to me.
Not disagreeing with you; we're already in a spot now with Miami winning at the death in LA. But we looked down and out very early on, it was a shit show. Yet we came back with a really impressive drive that spread the ball around to several receivers.

It's still too sloppy with penalties and T/Os, but we went all the way with the hot team from last season and showed character to claw ourselves back. And there is a lot to build on offensively. This is a hell of a lot better than anything we saw last season.

Back