Eddleman is a Hall of famer right???

rivshark86

Reaction score
My cousin is trying to tell me me he’s not. WTF. Does anyone have any decent stats that can back me up on this? Hell hes been Brady number one target for 3 postseason super bowl runs. What more do you need? Plus he’s still going.

I know that’s a quick explanation, but I’m arguing with him as I type this.

My cousin is trying to tell me me he’s not. WTF. Does anyone have any decent stats that can back me up on this? Hell hes been Brady number one target for 3 postseason super bowl runs. What more do you need? Plus he’s still going.

Tell him to compare Edelman and Rice in the postseason.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

It only makes sense...

I was jabbing with some guy on twitter and he said Brady doesn't have any passing records, so I said, well he has the most td's and yards ever, and he said, well that's just counting the postseason, and I said...and? Then he said the funny part, he said, well the only reason Brady has that many is because he goes to so many postseason games. That pretty much ended the discussion.

No doubt. I’m arguing with people who are throwing out names like Calvin Johnson. I mean I dunno, Calvin was great. Hell I named a fish after him, but eddleman was a driving force for 3 Super Bowls.

He's not. Not even close. Patriots Hall of Fame, absolutely. Doesn't have the resume.

In the regular season, he is fairly pedestrian...but, not in the playoffs.

He's actually really good in the regular season too. But he's only got 3 seasons that could be classified even remotely as Hall of Fame.

NFL doesn't care about the playoffs. They made that abundantly clear with Dan Marino and then Peyton Manning and A-aron Rodgers.

Rings only matter to fans and players.

He's actually really good in the regular season too. But he's only got 3 seasons that could be classified even remotely as Hall of Fame.

NFL doesn't care about the playoffs. They made that abundantly clear with Dan Marino and then Peyton Manning and A-aron Rodgers.

Rings only matter to fans and players.

Also when he started out, he was kinda fragile...

Sounds like your cousin is an idiot. What pathetic, second rate loser team does he root for?

Different Eras.

Also, every single Steeler made the hall of fame from that time, whether they were worthy of it or not. The same courtesy will not be extended to Patriots.

Yes but the point is that Swann's legacy is due in part to his performance in the playoffs as opposed to the regular season.

So i tend to agree with this point.

If Edelman could pass Rice on postseason receptions then i think you gotta put him in the HOF in my book. He likely needs 6 more playoff games. Too bad he got injured two years ago.

And i could see him going in the HOF with his present resume.

Different Eras.

Also, every single Steeler made the hall of fame from that time, whether they were worthy of it or not. The same courtesy will not be extended to Patriots.

That doesn’t hold water.

Just watch playoff tape.

That’s when the best of the best make plays. And nobody on the Pats not wearing 12 makes more plays consistently than 11. I’ll put his performances up against any WR. Clutch. Tough as a truck stop steak. Emotional. Intense. He truly is the engine to the Pats Offense. When he’s out it bogs down hard.

I was jabbing with some guy on twitter and he said Brady doesn't have any passing records, so I said, well he has the most td's and yards ever, and he said, well that's just counting the postseason, and I said...and? Then he said the funny part, he said, well the only reason Brady has that many is because he goes to so many postseason games. That pretty much ended the discussion.

I love it when you stump a dumbass like this. I keep saying it- fantasy has killed the onfield perception of the game. The average fan is too stupid to appreciate the cold calculated efficiency of the Patriots because they make other teams look so incompetent. The Browns are a perfect example. Loads of talent on both sides if the ball but Fat Freddie is an absolute dumpster fire of a HC.

If Eli Manning is a HOF'er then Edelman is certainly in the conversation.

Eli is to QB's as Edelman is to WR's. I'd even argue Edelman is higher if this were an apples to apples conversation.

Back