Edelman - how good is that kid

I wander if Edelman drives the vets crazy w/the talking :)

He is always always talking and asking questions on the sidelines, to Brady, other teammates and coaches. The guy definitely has the will to learn. I think that's the biggest difference between him and other rookie WR's and part of why he's having early success.
Indeed and good catch on your part.

Watching him on the sidelines yesterday, with his nose in on the play calling, you can tell this guy is a sponge and wants to know everything he can about the the game and play calling process (probably his QB background).

I am very excited to see this kid progress.

Indeed and good catch on your part.

Watching him on the sidelines yesterday, with his nose in on the play calling, you can tell this guy is a sponge and wants to know everything he can about the the game and play calling process (probably his QB background).

I am very excited to see this kid progress.

We should have the reverse pass option with him in on some plays with his BQ background.

Agree to disagree. I don't see Edelman ending up with the kind of rare and ridiculous production Welker gives the Pats at WR. Maybe he will, and I take your point that it's too soon to really know...but I don't see that happening, as I see Welker as so unique that no one could be as good as all that.
The challenging thing here is Welker was a high school WR/DB/PR/KR/PK who went to a college passing program as a WR/PR/KR and was allowed to develop there. Edelman is a high school/college QB who is now learning how to play WR in the NFL - where he goes from here will be fun, but he was a dynamite #3 WR yesterday.

I just re-watched the game and it was even better than I thought. Brady targeted Edelman three times, Edelman caught all three passes, and all three picked up a 1st down.

Back