Enough with the Bills "Rivalry" the Shaguars are coming to town

OK Jag here's your chance to educate me.

Since I have made it a point to boycott any NFL games that do not feature the New England Patriots as one of the participants I have a few questions.

Outside of Bortles, who the hell plays for the Jags?

Who is the coach?

Is the owner worried about relegation?

Since I have made it a point to boycott any NFL games that do not feature the New England Patriots as one of the participants I have a few questions.

Who is the coach?

An embarrassing time in our history.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/INBayZpjeSY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yikes.

OMG that was terrible. I completely forgot about that. Yikes is right

:Eason:

OMG that was terrible. I completely forgot about that. Yikes is right

:Eason:
I just drank a whole bottle of Maalox....

tumblr_nenm0xw3zM1tmcmg4o10_500.gif

An embarrassing time in our history.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/INBayZpjeSY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yikes.

Anyway, Jacksonville just beat the 2015 Co-AFC Champion Miami Dolphins, so I think they'll actually go back to a little vanilla, on both sides of the ball. Also, we'll see that #29 guy once or twice.

made it through 45 seconds...

Who is the coach?

First this is not Fing soccer so no relegation.

Second the Offense consist of Bortles who threw for 273 and 2 TDs last week with no INTs. Allen Robinson will be his primary target as he had 6 catches for 155 yards and the two touchdowns Bortles threw last week. Marquise Lee will be into his second week back when they play the Pats and has some field stretching ability. Don't expect much from the TEs for the first two weeks of the season they only have a few catches combined. Hopefully that changes when Julius Thomas gets back next week. TJ Yeldon showed some flashes last week and should get better and better as he matures during his rookie season. If BB doesn't target the left side of the Jags Oline with pass rush the entire game he's crazy. All in all I think the Jags offense is maturing all of the skill positions on the offense are rookies or second year players. I do think early they will move the ball on the Pats a bit but eventually BB catches up to him and starts confusing Bortles with his defenses.

On Defense watch number 50 Telvin Smith, he was a stand out player at FSU and has tons of speed from the linebacker position as much as it scares me to see an LB having to cover Gronk if there was one that can stay stride for stride with him it's Smith. Will he this week though....I doubt it he's a second year player and even though showing flashes has some learning to do. The secondary is banged up with the Jags having to play a DB they called up from the practice squad just last week. The run D is truly the strength of this team. Especially is Marks is able to return from his torn ACL from last year. A strong run D will not help though against a Brady led team.

The youth on this team is a concern going into this game as they may be wide eyed going into the home of the Super Bowl Champs and may a bit too hyped up and get more penalties than usual.

For me I hope to see a competitive game and see some more growth from the youth all over this team. They will keep it close for maybe the half but once BB starts confusing Bortles it will be all over.

First this is not Fing soccer so no relegation.

Second the Offense consist of Bortles who threw for 273 and 2 TDs last week with no INTs. Allen Robinson will be his primary target as he had 6 catches for 155 yards and the two touchdowns Bortles threw last week. Marquise Lee will be into his second week back when they play the Pats and has some field stretching ability. Don't expect much from the TEs for the first two weeks of the season they only have a few catches combined. Hopefully that changes when Julius Thomas gets back next week. TJ Yeldon showed some flashes last week and should get better and better as he matures during his rookie season. If BB doesn't target the left side of the Jags Oline with pass rush the entire game he's crazy. All in all I think the Jags offense is maturing all of the skill positions on the offense are rookies or second year players. I do think early they will move the ball on the Pats a bit but eventually BB catches up to him and starts confusing Bortles with his defenses.

On Defense watch number 50 Telvin Smith, he was a stand out player at FSU and has tons of speed from the linebacker position as much as it scares me to see an LB having to cover Gronk if there was one that can stay stride for stride with him it's Smith. Will he this week though....I doubt it he's a second year player and even though showing flashes has some learning to do. The secondary is banged up with the Jags having to play a DB they called up from the practice squad just last week. The run D is truly the strength of this team. Especially is Marks is able to return from his torn ACL from last year. A strong run D will not help though against a Brady led team.

The youth on this team is a concern going into this game as they may be wide eyed going into the home of the Super Bowl Champs and may a bit too hyped up and get more penalties than usual.

For me I hope to see a competitive game and see some more growth from the youth all over this team. They will keep it close for maybe the half but once BB starts confusing Bortles it will be all over.

I am still confused...do we need to cheet in this one or not?

ok jag here's your chance to educate me.

Since i have made it a point to boycott any nfl games that do not feature the new england patriots as one of the participants i have a few questions.

Outside of bortles, who the hell plays for the jags?

Who is the coach?

View attachment 96356

I am still confused...do we need to cheet in this one or not?

It's not about do we need to. It's about doing what's right.

Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat.

:coffee:

Jeff Howe ‏<s>@</s>jeffphowe <small class="time"> 1m1 minute ago </small> Wendell missed practice with an illness again. Hightower has a shoulder injury.

Damn, what's up with these 2 now?!

Well, this is usually the time of year that the Alabama Shoulder Flu usually strikes for a couple of weeks.

Wendell, I dunno, it's weird. Thankfully, we don't need him. :coffee:

Well, this is usually the time of year that the Alabama Shoulder Flu usually strikes for a couple of weeks.

Wendell, I dunno, it's weird. Thankfully, we don't need him. :coffee:

Lmao, now you sound like me.
:Lwelcome:

• Julian Edelman is the first player ever to have 20 or more receptions over the opening two weeks in multiple seasons (he had 20 in the first two games of 2013).
  • Edelman has been targeted on 36.5 percent of his routes, highest of any receiver.
  • Only Antonio Brown (257 catches) has more receptions than Edelman's 219 since the start of 2013.
  • The Patriots have punted just five times on 22 possessions (23 percent), lowest rate in the league so far.
  • Dion Lewis has played 81 percent of the Patriot snaps so far, the second highest rate of any back in the league (DeAngelo Williams 88 percent).
  • Lewis is the only back in the league to have both 100 yards rushing and receiving on the season through two weeks.
  • New England has the league's highest sack rate at 13.9 percent.
  • Last week was the first game in which Jacksonville didn't allow a sack since Week 8 of 2013.
  • T.J. Yeldon ranks 44th in rushing points per attempt (.33, fantasy) of all backs with double digit carries.

Nicely detailed article on the Pats' defensive schemes to pressure the QB
Whether because of sound fundamentals in pass protection or a quarterback escaping the pocket to keep a play alive, a blitz that doesn’t hit home quickly can just as easily create a big play for the offense. In those instances, pass coverage and discipline in pass rush principles become critical.

In Week 2, the New England Patriots defense collected eight sacks against quarterback Tyrod Taylor and the Buffalo Bills on their way to a 40-32 win. A contributing factor to the impressive sack total – the Patriots highest tally in a game since the 2003 season – was the defense’s ability to keep the mobile Taylor from extending plays outside the pocket.
Knowing Your Opponent

A well-designed pressure scheme is only as good as the individual execution of the players involved. Early in the second quarter with the Bills looking to convert a 3rd and 2 through the air, defensive coordinator Matt Patricia dialed up a successful blitz aided by near-perfect execution across the board by his defense:
The above-pictured five-man blitz has several moving parts working in unison in an effort to confuse the pass protection, speed up the clock in the quarterback’s head, and keep contain. The two most-integral wrinkles within this pressure scheme involve the robber/spy role played by linebacker Donta Hightower (#54) and a line stunt between defensive tackle Malcom Brown (#90) and defensive end Jabaal Sheard (#93).
Covering up left guard Richie Incognito (#64) before the snap, Hightower’s first action post-snap is a step toward the line of scrimmage to entice and briefly occupy the offensive lineman. The linebacker’s pre-snap alignment and initial pass rush step has a domino effect. First, it allows linebacker Jamie Collins (#91) to shoot through the B gap unimpeded and forces running back LeSean McCoy (#25) to pick him up. It also appears to distract the LG just enough to allow time for Sheard to loop around Brown on the tackle-end game and penetrate the slightly ajar A gap.
Execution Goes Both Ways

However, as Hightower begins his drop into coverage over the short middle, Buffalo thwarts the interior pass rush threats through proper reads and quick reactions. McCoy delivers a jarring block on the hard-charging Collins, neutralizing the linebacker’s efforts into the backfield. At about the same time, Incognito swiftly pivots back toward center to find the oncoming Sheard and forces the defender to retreat.
With the most immediate pass rush threats stalled, this game of chess now hinges on Taylor’s first read and the New England secondary. It appears the QB’s first option is tight end Charles Clay (#85) on a quick out just beyond the first down marker. But the Patriots, playing Cover 1, have each receiver locked down in man coverage:
With Taylor’s first read taken away (and McCoy unavailable as an outlet receiver because of his blitz pick up), the QB begins to look for a rush lane, especially with defensive end / outside linebacker Chandler Jones (#95) starting to collapse the pocket from the backside. As Taylor pans to his right, a running lane appears between his guard and tackle:
Since all the receivers in routes are to the left of Taylor, the short side of the field is largely defender-free and can be exploited for a significant gain on the ground if the QB can escape the pocket. As Taylor starts to scramble, Hightower even slips from his robber position underneath, greatly reducing the linebacker’s chance to track down the QB if he breaks contain.
Respond To The Passer

Defensive end / outside linebacker Rob Ninkovich (#50), aligned in the same 9 technique as Jones before the snap, rushes the passer with a contain-first mentality. Working to stay at an even level with or just above the QB, Ninkovich’s main objective is to funnel any scramble his way back inside. The positioning of the DE, more so than his actual penetration into the backfield, deters Taylor from running his way. The rush lane inside remains open, though not for long:
<video controls=""></video>

<label style="border: medium none; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); display: block; font: 12px Arial; overflow: hidden; width: 74px; position: absolute; top: 10px; left: 0px; text-align: right; text-transform: none; padding: 0px;"></label><input value="http://insidethepylon.com/film-study/film-study-nfl/defense-film-study-nfl/2015/09/24/pressure-scheme-blitzing-with-rush-lane-integrity/" style="position: absolute; left: 80px; top: 0px; font: 11px Arial; box-shadow: 0px 0px 4px rgb(0, 0, 0); padding: 0px 5px; background: rgb(255, 255, 255) none repeat scroll 0% 0%; width: 400px; height: 28px; margin: 0px; border: medium none;" readonly="readonly" tabindex="-1" type="text">
ePrV0qMxqOdRUVVmhKj8Whn+fXjFyVG49HORLMKfYgazUKqhtCytUSqBAgwAPLTpnqcD79pAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

gV+Hs1CtIpsKgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

egKVyL6mj083NzfAfgswACBs40J0KAZ5AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Emerging from a mass of bodies, Sheard – initially stymied by the line stunt – remains active and disciplined. The defender works his way back into the play, responds to the passer’s movements in the pocket and fills the rush lane he initially he occupied at the start.
From there, Sheard remains patient as Taylor approaches, forcing the QB to cut wide and around Ninkovich who is still engaged with right tackle Seantrel Henderson (#66). Sheard stays in front of the QB, mirroring his movements and spilling him wider, while Jones closes in from the backside to drag down Taylor for the loss.
While Jones recorded the sack – his first of three in the game – the entire defensive unit played a role in preventing the third down conversion. Specifically, Ninkovich’s rush-contain, Sheard’s awareness and discipline as well as safety Patrick Chung’s tight coverage on Clay were all essential in keeping Taylor flummoxed in the pocket.
Consistency
Following the game, head coach Bill Belichick was far from thrilled with his defense and their consistency in containing Taylor and limiting his scramble plays throughout the contest, especially late in the game as the Bills mounted a comeback. But when the Patriots defense remained disciplined in their pass rush principles, as noted by the coach, good results generally followed.
In Week 3 against the Jacksonville Jaguars, the New England defense will again be challenged by a quarterback in Blake Bortles that can extend plays outside the pocket. Pressure schemes and blitz designs that emphasis rush lane integrity, such as the one described above, will be a coaching point throughout the week and an important component to defending the Jaguars offense on Sunday.
http://insidethepylon.com/film-stud...ure-scheme-blitzing-with-rush-lane-integrity/

Back