Erin Andrews Wins In Court

I agree. Good for her.

So, will we see her along the sidelines ever again?

She'll likely get a lot less since the jury found Barrett to be 51% responsible and I doubt he has $28 million to his name.

One time when lawsuit averse me thinks she deserves to be able to bankrupt those disgusting perverts.

She won't see close to that. Her stalker don't have that much. I guarantee Marriott will tie this up in court for a long time with appeals .

She won't see close to that. Her stalker don't have that much. I guarantee Marriott will tie this up in court for a long time with appeals .

You are mostly correct, although Marriott was not sued. The hotel is a franchise, so only the specific hotel was sued. The franchisee likely doesn't have the resources that the Marriott corporation would have. It will probably be the insurance company that will be fighting this.

Your guarantee would be wrong. Marriott was not part of the trial.

Barrett*is responsible for 51% of the damages, while the Nashville Marriott and West End Hotel Partners, the company that owns the hotel, are responsible for the remaining 49%. Your right just that property .

Your guarantee would be wrong. Marriott was not part of the trial.

In virtually every big verdict suit that there has ever been, the appeal is filed and since the average winner would rather have 10 million now than 50 million 20 years from now, and since many defendants can't even dream of paying full amount, a much reduced settlement is reached to get every one past the suffering.

Cheers, BostonTim

In virtually every big verdict suit that there has ever been, the appeal is filed and since the average winner would rather have 10 million now than 50 million 20 years from now, and since many defendants can't even dream of paying full amount, a much reduced settlement is reached to get every one past the suffering.

Cheers, BostonTim
What you say is no doubt accurate, but it doesn't change the fact that the Marriott Corporation was not a party to the suit. If there is an appeal or settlement, it won't be with Marriott Corporation.

If you read the link that was provided in the OP, you will see that the two entities found liable (along with Barrett) are West End Hotel Partners (the owners) and Windsor Capital Group (the operator).

Good for her! Unless she's a great actress, she sounded genuine during the trial about how messed up she is. Something like that can get in a person's head and her life is changed forever. Pervs are human scum. :shoot:

I highly doubt she get 200,000 from him. He is jail for 30 years . Basically she just get paid from the property & ownership.

Cheers, BostonTim

But Erin Andrews is not your average winner. She probably has enough money to live pretty nicely already so she will wait.

But Erin Andrews is not your average winner. She probably has enough money to live pretty nicely already so she will wait.

Really? Is she wealthy? She is a sideline reporter for the NFL, among other jobs. Does that pay a lot of money?

Does it pay a lot of money, probably not. Does it pay enough to live a nice life, probably so. That isn't some reporter job at a some local station in Iowa.

Really? Is she wealthy? She is a sideline reporter for the NFL, among other jobs. Does that pay a lot of money?

Her yearly salary was roughly $500k and she has a net worth of around $4m according to Forbes -- guessing she can add some extra dough per year from advertising probiotics and being on other shows, etc.

One time when lawsuit averse me thinks she deserves to be able to bankrupt those disgusting perverts.

Good for her! Unless she's a great actress, she sounded genuine during the trial about how messed up she is. Something like that can get in a person's head and her life is changed forever. Pervs are human scum. :shoot:

Wow. You say that like its a bad thing.
:sulk:

If you read the link that was provided in the OP, you will see that the two entities found liable (along with Barrett) are West End Hotel Partners (the owners) and Windsor Capital Group (the operator).

I know that. I did read the OP and more. I never hinted even that the Marriot was a party to the suit. My post was merely my guess as to what happens next.

Cheers :toast:

Back