Falcons to hire Raheem Morris as HC

Wow....

Adam Schefter with the news.
Falcons gonna Falcon. They had Belichick, Harbaugh and Vrabel in for interviews...and go with Retread Morris. Outstanding. :coffee:

Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

You get the impression that it's the age that's holding back teams going for Bill. If you want to build something long-term, a coach you will have for 3 years max might not be what you're looking for. If you were looking though for someone to deliver quickly with some good pieces in place, he'd be ideal. Jerry Jones made an error in not pouncing on him and agreeing to the terms.

You get the impression that it's the age that's holding back teams going for Bill. If you want to build something long-term, a coach you will have for 3 years max might not be what you're looking for. If you were looking though for someone to deliver quickly with some good pieces in place, he'd be ideal. Jerry Jones made an error in not pouncing on him and agreeing to the terms.
I don't think age has as much to do with it as Bill's demand for complete control over the personnel decisions. That's what come out of at Atlanta over the last week. If he was really willing to just coach, I don't think he ever would have.left here.

I don't think age has as much to do with it as Bill's demand for complete control over the personnel decisions. That's what come out of at Atlanta over the last week. If he was really willing to just coach, I don't think he ever would have.left here.
The desire for complete control is another factor for sure.

The desire for complete control is another factor for sure.
Yes, it's going to be difficult for him to find a team that's going to one, give him the kind of control he wants, and secondly, only get a commitment for two to three years. It's a shame because I really believe he should have given up some control here and stayed.

Yes, it's going to be difficult for him to find a team that's going to one, give him the kind of control he wants, and secondly, only get a commitment for two to three years. It's a shame because I really believe he should have given up some control here and stayed.
He did, he got fired anyway.

He did, he got fired anyway.
I don't believe for a second Bill was going to give up personnel control here, this why he's gone, and that's also why he's not being announced as the new coach in Atlanta.

I don't believe for a second Bill was going to give up personnel control here, this why he's gone, and that's also why he's not being announced as the new coach in Atlanta.
That, and he also sucked for the past two seasons.

Back