Falcons to hire Raheem Morris as HC

Belichick never wanted the Falcons, that’s the only explanation.

He’s angling for the commanders job and driving up his leverage. He plays chess while the owners are playing checkers.

What happened Tommy? You seemed so sure.

:coffee:

The BB antis claiming nobody wants him now because he wasn't immediately hired is hilarious. This is part 1, by the way, Part 2 happens after he's hired, and in March for FA.

From what I've seen (and some of it is marginally sourced, so take it for what it's worth), this second interview is basically going to be Blank and Belichick interviewing Rich McKay and Terry Fontenot, basically whether or not to justify keeping them both on. In that case, I'd think Belichick would like to keep them both - assuming he gets veto power, but McKay may not be good with that.

It really seems like more an more, the job's his - and someone's the predictingest mofo. :coffee:

And if he wants to retain Rich McKay and Terry Fontenot. I've heard this 2nd interview is basically Blank and Belichick interviewing these two about why they should keep their jobs.

I think that's what this weekend is about - if Fontenot is staying, he's going to have to tell Blank and Belichick why.

I think he's got the job already, I really think this is a front office organization meeting more than anything. I suppose it could be 'what would you do' etc, but Blank being there tells me a lot.

It is astounding that Blank could be so stupid. With Belichick and Harbaugh available he goes with Morris. He came so close. Has he forgooten how much fun it was up to the very end of his Superbowl. He's oldand he goes with Raheem Morris?

I don't care if it was ony for 3 or 4 years. Why not get a guy who can show hewon in the NFL, nt a guy who has proven that he can't. Blank is loaded so money, pleny of it, is available no matter how much Belichick wanted. Or Vrbelor Harbaugh (yes, Iknow Harbaugh signed with the Chargers but he was interested in the Falcons. Blank should have scooped him up or BB upquickly.

It blows my mind.
Rich McKay is Arthur Blank's Iago. Belichick and Harbaugh would take away McKay's power over Blank.

Reading about this some more, this seems similar to Pats decision on Mayo. Basically, a young leader familiar with the organization and the right fit for the team culture. There are so many important dynamics in these hirings beyond the Xs and Os. I wish him luck.

Belichick never wanted the Falcons, that’s the only explanation.

He’s angling for the commanders job and driving up his leverage. He plays chess while the owners are playing checkers.
lol .😂

Last edited:
The Falcons are going to get exactly what they deserve. That organization is a complete cluster fuck.
Honestly, who cares about the Falcons ? The only thing that mattered here was whether Bill was going to get hired there to try to get the wins record. Now it appears there isn’t any teams even interested in interviewing him. Of course, it is still early in the process but as each head coaching job gets filled it’s looking more likely that he is going to have to wait until next season which is absolutely stunning.

What transpired these last two seasons IMO has really, really hurt him.

Could BB become Mayo's Ernie Adam's if he does not get a HC job?
Probably not, but strange things happen.

Could BB become Mayo's Ernie Adam's if he does not get a HC job?
Probably not, but strange things happen.
Bills ego would never let that happen. Let's be honest, somewhere along the line it became about Bill not what's best for the team. I wish him well but it was time.

Bills ego would never let that happen. Let's be honest, somewhere along the line it became about Bill not what's best for the team. I wish him well but it was time.
I'm not BB's therapist, so I don't know what his ego will or will not allow him to do.

Back