Fans Reaction to Randy's Return

Den-in-NH

Happy For Tom
Reaction score
I am very curious to see how Moss is treated by the fans at the Razor this Sunday.

Does he get booed? Cheered? Or does he get the McNabb treatement - cheered before the game and booed once it is underway?

What if he catches a TD pass - what will the reaction be?

This is going to be very interesting.

I think he will be cheered, and cheered well. He was fairly well-behaved (for him) while here, he made some great plays, and he didn't leave willingly (yeah, he talked his way out of town, but the Pats chose not to negotiate earlier and give him a new contract, so...).

But I also think, once he's cheered and the game is underway, if Meriweather lights him up, there will be thunderous applause for that, too. And if Randy catches a TD there will be a smattering of boos but it will be hard to determine if they're aimed at Randy, at the defensive back, or at Belichick for sending Randy packing and letting him come back and score on the Pats.

I think he will be cheered, and cheered well. He was fairly well-behaved (for him) while here, he made some great plays, and he didn't leave willingly (yeah, he talked his way out of town, but the Pats chose not to negotiate earlier and give him a new contract, so...).

But I also think, once he's cheered and the game is underway, if Meriweather lights him up, there will be thunderous applause for that, too. And if Randy catches a TD there will be a smattering of boos but it will be hard to determine if they're aimed at Randy, at the defensive back, or at Belichick for sending Randy packing and letting him come back and score on the Pats.

My thoughts exactly. He get cheered before the game and booed harshly if there is a TD.

No reason for fans to have hard feelings against Randy. He provided some good times here for us all.

He was fun to watch. :coffee:

No one should boo Randy Moss. In fact, if he scores a TD he should still be welcomed with open arms if he jumps into the stands.

No one should boo Randy Moss. In fact, if he scores a TD he should still be welcomed with open arms if he jumps into the stands.

I wouldn't go THAT far. No self-respecting Patriots fan is going to help him celebrate scoring a touchdown against the team he roots for. He might get some polite applause but there will also be boos (again, not necessarily at him, maybe more at the defense or Belichick).

He gets cheered. And if rumors should surface during any point in the contest that he has also bedded Lebron James' mother, he will get a standing ovation.

I wouldn't go THAT far. No self-respecting Patriots fan is going to help him celebrate scoring a touchdown against the team he roots for. He might get some polite applause but there will also be boos (again, not necessarily at him, maybe more at the defense or Belichick).
Yeah, maybe he jumps into the stands BEFORE the game. Chats up one of the MANY folks who will be there in MossMasks. That sort of thing.

Just making a point. :toast:

Yeah, maybe he jumps into the stands BEFORE the game. Chats up one of the MANY folks who will be there in MossMasks. That sort of thing.

Just making a point. :toast:

Oh, before the game, for sure. Fans will be loving him. They'll be asking for autographs, wearing Moss-like afros, etc.,. I'm in agreement that he's really done nothing warranting boos; like I said, for him, he was well-behaved, and he contributed, and he would've been happy to stay here had the Pats tried to make him an offer.

I would expect much more booing for Nutpunch, if he ever returns.

I will attempt to applaud but my left hand, which can be a bit of a prima donna, may take the play off and not make contact with the right hand.

I will attempt to applaud but my left hand, which can be a bit of a prima donna, may take the play off and not make contact with the right hand.
I don't agree with you premise (mostly), but I respect the fact that you registered in order to make this post. :thumb:

Hopefully they remember this....<object height="385" width="640">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TPR_VwNOCDQ?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="640"></object>

Who needs two hands to clap? I can do it one handed (though it is a little on the quiet end).

Q: What is the sound of one hand clapping?
A: A slap in the face.

He won't be booed. He was a good citizen while he was here for the large part and was traded at the right time I think. Fans miss him but aren't pissed at him.

he probably will catch a TD so the question is.. how will Randy react to the fans?

050110_randy_moon.widec.jpg

He should get a standing Ovation . When he walks on to the Field. He earned it fro what he did for the pats over the years. When the game begins you can boo him all you want.

Back