Favorite Band - Signature Song

Another Floyd favorite. Probably obscure to the casual AOR fan but I'm guessing PF fans are very familiar.

Dogs (Part 1)

You gotta be crazy, you gotta have a real need
You gotta sleep on your toes, and when you're on the street
You gotta be able to pick out the easy meat with your eyes closed
And then moving in silently, down wind and out of sight
You gotta strike when the moment is right without thinking

And after a while, you can work on points for style
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile
You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in

You gotta keep one eye looking over your shoulder
You know it's going to get harder, and harder, and harder as you get older
And in the end you'll pack up and fly down south
Hide your head in the sand,
Just another sad old man
All alone and dying of cancer

And when you loose control, you'll reap the harvest you have sown
And as the fear grows, the bad blood slows and turns to stone
And it's too late to lose the weight you used to need to throw around
So have a good drown, as you go down, all alone
Dragged down by the stone (stone, stone, stone, stone, stone)

I gotta admit that I'm a little bit confused
Sometimes it seems to me as if I'm just being used
Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise
If I don't stand my own ground, how can I find my way out of this maze?

Deaf, dumb, and blind, you just keep on pretending
That everyone's expendable and no-one has a real friend
And it seems to you the thing to do would be to isolate the winner
And everything's done under the sun
And you believe at heart, everyone's a killer

Who was born in a house full of pain
Who was trained not to spit in the fan
Who was told what to do by the man
Who was broken by trained personnel

Who was fitted with collar and chain
Who was given a pat on the back
Who was breaking away from the pack
Who was only a stranger at home

Who was ground down in the end
Who was found dead on the phone
Who was dragged down by the stone

I like practically everything people are listing here, except Metallica. They aren't for me.

After reading everyone's taste here, there is absolutely no point in me listing my favorite!

I like practically everything people are listing here, except Metallica. They aren't for me.

After reading everyone's taste here, there is absolutely no point in me listing my favorite!

I grew up on glitz and glam rock. Initially, I classified Metallica as to speed metal/ death metal style for me. The crowd I ran with had hot chicks that dug the girl oriented metal of Motley Crue and the like so the choice was easy.

After the fact I came back full circle and gave them a chance. Almost all of my favs from them show off their incredibly melodic side. That’s what I dig most. And I’ve come along more on the older speedier tracks too. My favorite band.

Great live too.

To me, Come Sail Away is the signature Styx song. My kids know that it is to be played at my wake.

And the inspiration for this:

Signature line for me is:

I think of childhood friends and the dreams we had...

I grew up on glitz and glam rock. Initially, I classified Metallica as to speed metal/ death metal style for me. The crowd I ran with had hot chicks that dug the girl oriented metal of Motley Crue and the like so the choice was easy.

After the fact I came back full circle and gave them a chance. Almost all of my favs from them show off their incredibly melodic side. That’s what I dig most. And I’ve come along more on the older speedier tracks too. My favorite band.

Great live too.

They're alright. I'll just never go out of my way to listen to them. It's not like I run to turn off the music if a song of theirs comes on haha.

I like all types of music now, but I honestly can't think of one rock band I liked when I was a young kid. I liked the song Rock You Like a Hurricane, but didn't even know the artist that performed it.

Great live too.

Shout At The Devil was one of my all time faves...but, most of their stuff sucks ass. Saints of Los Angeles had a few good tunes. And their first album too.

They're alright. I'll just never go out of my way to listen to them. It's not like I run to turn off the music if a song of theirs comes on haha.

I like all types of music now, but I honestly can't think of one rock band I liked when I was a young kid. I liked the song Rock You Like a Hurricane, but didn't even know the artist that performed it.

Scorpions

Definitely one of their best.

My fav?

No One Like You

Opening might be the best ever in rock!

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

Shout At The Devil was one of my all time faves...but, most of their stuff sucks ass. Saints of Los Angeles had a few good tunes. And their first album too.

A lot of their catalog wilts over time. In the moment though? Man they carried a crowd.

No I look back at most of it as bubble gum pop - metal version.

But a few hold their own.

Scorpions

My fav?

No One Like You

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

A lot of their catalog wilts over time. In the moment though? Man they carried a crowd.

No I look back at most of it as bubble gum pop - metal version.

But a few hold their own.
Yeah, I still like stuff from Too Fast For Love and Shout A The The Devil but most of their stuff after I have little interest in.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Scorpions

My fav?

No One Like You

For Scorpions, I'll take "Still Loving You". I'm always a sucker for a hair band ballad.

Fuck it. Here's mine. No one else has hit this genre yet.

Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - 1st of tha Month

I have played that song on the 1st of the month, every month, since the single was released on June 15, 1995. I had to buy the album E 1999 Eternal six times because overuse ruined my first five copies.

Fuck it. Here's mine. No one else has hit this genre yet.

Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - 1st of tha Month

I have played that song on the 1st of the month, every month, since the single was released on June 15, 1995. I had to buy the album E 1999 Eternal six times because overuse ruined my first five copies.

Isn't that song about getting a welfare check?

For Scorpions, I'll take "Still Loving You". I'm always a sucker for a hair band ballad.
I'm with ya bid. My favorite one as well.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I hate this thread.

I have very varied and eclectic tastes in music...I can't even figure out who my favorite band is....

I'll get back to you as soon as I narrow my short list down to 1;

Led Zeppelin
Nightwish
Leonard Cohen
RL Burnside

All very different kinds of music...how do I pick a favorite?

Scorpions, I saw them live in Spokane Washington right after they released Blackout, best concert I've ever been to next to next to Van Halen. All lot of their older stuff is real good, In Trance, We'll Burn the Sky, Polar nights, Hell Cat, Steamrock Fever, Fly to the Rainbow, Pictured Life, man those songs bring back a lot of memories.

Back