Favorite Regular Season Patriots Moments vs. Every Team

Lord Dingleberry

A cunning linguist
Reaction score
I had this idea to determine what is the most favorite moment amongst Patriots fans. I thought it would be fun to create a bracket of 64 of the favorite moments.

Here is the big catch. REGULAR SEASON ONLY. Playoffs moments will be the next topic if this goes well.

Please try to nominate a moment NOT an entire game if possible. But some games stand alone as one moment. A moment can be a certain section of a game if it makes sense. And do not feel the need to limit this to the Dynasty era.

I would like to have at least one moment (maybe 2) against all other 31 teams. Once we have enough nominations, I will create a bracket of 64 to determine the ultimate Patriots regular season moment!

Last edited:
Dolphins - Bruschi INT leading to snowballs everywhere

Bills - I am going with the wind game from 2021. Mac threw 3 passes. That was a rally fun and funny game to witness.

Last edited:
Regular Season stipulation ruins my favorite Dolphins moment, so

Dolphins - 2003 OT win @ Miami
Bills - 2016 @ Buffalo, the dildo game, although there are so many to choose from. The Ben Watson comeback game in 2009, the Antowain Smith long TD run in 2001, The angry Bills fan coming back from commercial break in 2007, the 56-10 game, many.

Jets - butt fumble game on Thanksgiving
Miami - snow plow game
Bills - beating them in 2019 to win the division

Pitt - the game where Gronk torched them in the second half and then Big Ben threw the pick in the end zone when they could have tied with a FG.
Ravens - 2007 - Rex Ryan calls a TO on 4th and 1 when Brady got stopped on the QB sneak.
Denver - 24-0 comeback
Indy - Willie McGinest stopping Edge on the goalline

Jets - butt fumble game on Thanksgiving
Miami - snow plow game
Bills - beating them in 2019 to win the division

Pitt - the game where Gronk torched them in the second half and then Big Ben threw the pick in the end zone when they could have tied with a FG.
Ravens - 2007 - Rex Ryan calls a TO on 4th and 1 when Brady got stopped on the QB sneak.
Denver - 24-0 comeback
Indy - Willie McGinest stopping Edge on the goalline
I'll save these, but only doing Miami and Buffalo for now :)

Trying to compile these two teams at a time for an eventual voting bracket. But I definitely agree with the ones you chose!

I'll save these, but only doing Miami and Buffalo for now :)

Trying to compile these two teams at a time for an eventual voting bracket. But I definitely agree with the ones you chose!
sorry, didn't realize it was just Bills and Miami. I need to read better. :)

Dolphins - Bruschi INT leading to snowballs everywhere

Bills - I am going with the wind game from 2021. Mac threw 3 passes. That was a rally fun and funny game to witness.
wind game was interesting. what about the one where our receiver go knocked out but his foot went out of bounds saving what would have been a fumble? I know I'm not providing a lot of data here, but I'm sure someone will recall and provide the relevant info.

wind game was interesting. what about the one where our receiver go knocked out but his foot went out of bounds saving what would have been a fumble? I know I'm not providing a lot of data here, but I'm sure someone will recall and provide the relevant info.
Wasn't that David Patten? I'll have to go back and look. That's a good one.

Wasn't that David Patten? I'll have to go back and look. That's a good one
I believe it was!
that was one of those plays that in the pre Kraft/BB/Brady era pats fans would expect to go against us (kinda like the tuck rule) so when we started having this stuff happen in our favor it was kinda nice for a change.

Against the Dolphins the first play that comes to mind is Edelman catching a routine hitch and Michael Floyd with one of the best blocks to blow the play wide open.

Against the Bills I immediately think of Vince Wilfork sniffing out a screen and obliterating the poor Bills' receiver. I feel it encapsulates the level of domination the Pats had against the Bills at the time.

Against the Dolphins the first play that comes to mind is Edelman catching a routine hitch and Michael Floyd with one of the best blocks to blow the play wide open.

Against the Bills I immediately think of Vince Wilfork sniffing out a screen and obliterating the poor Bills' receiver. I feel it encapsulates the level of domination the Pats had against the Bills at the time.

Great ones!

I'll have to provide videos like this come bracket voting time. Might be a lot of work, but it is needed. Love seeing the plays again.

I had this idea to determine what is the most favorite moment amongst Patriots fans. In preparation for the long offseason, I thought it would be fun to create a bracket of 64 of the favorite moments. From now until the end of the season, I'd like to collect nominations for favorite moments against each of the 31 other teams. Once we get thru all the teams, I will select at least 1 from each team, hopefully 2. Then I will choose more at large to get to 64. The voting will begin once we have the brackets to determine the all time favorite moment.

Here is the big catch. REGULAR SEASON ONLY. Playoffs moments will be the next topic if this goes well.

Please try to nominate a moment NOT an entire game if possible. But some games stand alone as one moment. A moment can be a certain section of a game if it makes sense. And do not feel the need to limit this to the Dynasty era. Please stick to the two teams I post so it is easier for me to select the favorite moments. I'll keep it open to the first two teams as long as nominations keep coming in. Please post a Like on the ones you support. That will help me determine what makes the final bracket.

Your favorite regular season moments against....

Dolphins and Bills
Great topic!

Dolphins...definitely Bruschi snowballs and the stadium returning the favor by exploding with snow.

Epic.

Bills?

31-0 to bookend the season telling Bledsoe and company, "Nah..we got this." En route to ring number 2.

Dolphins...definitely Bruschi snowballs and the stadium returning the favor by exploding with snow.

Epic.

Bills?

31-0 to bookend the season telling Bledsoe and company, "Nah..we got this." En route to ring number 2.
I think the 31-0 bookend is a great addition to the list. It was symbolic numerology. And it began the playoff run for another SB

Back