Favorite Regular Season Patriots Moments vs. Every Team

I remember that one. IIRC, the vote was based on volume - the old logo cheers was deafening, the new was crickets. Once the results were announced the boo-birds sang as they only could in Foxborough.
The crowd chanted, "We want the old one" over and over.

The crowd chanted, "We want the old one" over and over.
This was the old stadium in the 70's .... The chant was probably more like "Eeee want old some!" ... for a minute or two ... then quickly changing to The West v East sides "Tastes Great!" "Less Filling!".

No matter how bad a game was, it was always an entertaining afternoon!

This was the old stadium in the 70's .... The chant was probably more like "Eeee want old some!" ... for a minute or two ... then quickly changing to The West v East sides "Tastes Great!" "Less Filling!".

No matter how bad a game was, it was always an entertaining afternoon!
Dear christ they were still doing this in the 80s. That and the wave, thankfully that was short-lived here.

bills-tedy's return 2005

I went to that one and got last-minute tickets that were Buffalo's road tickets which
didn't get sold, so we were mostly surrounded by Bills fans in the upper deck.

The things I remember about that one were the deafening roars when Tedy took the field and
after his first tackle. We also got to tailgate next to some Buffalo Jills cheerleading candidates who
were partying hard. Doing tons of shots. They were pretty fun to talk smack with and I ending up
feeding some of them.

Then there was a really sick individual up in the stands who was trying to start a
fight by yelling "Bruschi!!! Have another stroke!!!!", "Brady sucks dick!!!!" and stuff like that. Nobody
wanted to get kicked out and give him what he deserved, but he ended up puking all over himself and was
pretty quiet at the end-- a comeback Pats win.

I stopped by his seat as I was leaving and wished him a long, shitty ride back to the Armpit
of the East, just to see if he was still feeling frisky, but apparently he wasn't feeling well.

I think Tedy had something like 8 tackles that night and was named AFC defensive player of the week.

@Hawg73
thank you for sharing that memory. so cool.
the game was on espn i think,sunday night back when they had that package. i remember being pissed because i wanted them to show his intro etc. and of course they didn't. 🙄

Cardinals - I had to add the first game of the 2016 season during Brady's bullshit suspension. Jimmy G got his first start, and we won a game we weren't expected to win. This was a major relief knowing that we wouldn't be in a major hole when Tom came back.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=udX_Df52w1k

I also have to add the Texans game 2 weeks later in Jacoby Brisset's first start. Unreal we crushed Houston that game. Here is Brisset's memorable TD run.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PPu8uUB-774&pp=ygUaSm9jb2J5IGJyaXNzZXQgZmlyc3Qgc3RhcnQ%3D

I don't know if this is really the idea of this thread, because it wasn't close to being an important play or game, but.....
what the hell. It makes me look like I know what I'm doing.

We were playing the Phins at home when Brady was still here. I had to hit the men's room and was waiting for a break in the game to
go back to my seat (football etiquette 101) and was chatting with the guy that seated folks in my section at the top of the ramp. We
had gotten to know each other a little by then and the convo goes something like this:

Him: Man, the Dolphins really suck this year
Me: Holy shit do they suck, especially Tannehill
Him: You're not kidding. He's been awful
Me: I'm surprised he hasn't thrown a pick yet, but I smell one coming. Watch.
Him: I hope you're right

I go up to my seat and on the next play Tanny throws a pick. The very next play. I couldn't
believe it. So, I look down to where my friend hangs out and he's already looking up at me pointing with his
eyes wide and his mouth open and I just casually shrugged like "it was obvious", but the guy never
forgot it and has always greeted me since with "how's it going Nostradamus?"

I enjoy the whole aspect of going to a football game. It isn't just the games, but the
details, characters and circumstances of going to them that often stick out in memory.

Watching on TV is allright, but it's not really the same thing.

I don't know if this is really the idea of this thread, because it wasn't close to being an important play or game, but.....
what the hell. It makes me look like I know what I'm doing.

We were playing the Phins at home when Brady was still here. I had to hit the men's room and was waiting for a break in the game to
go back to my seat (football etiquette 101) and was chatting with the guy that seated folks in my section at the top of the ramp. We
had gotten to know each other a little by then and the convo goes something like this:

Him: Man, the Dolphins really suck this year
Me: Holy shit do they suck, especially Tannehill
Him: You're not kidding. He's been awful
Me: I'm surprised he hasn't thrown a pick yet, but I smell one coming. Watch.
Him: I hope you're right

I go up to my seat and on the next play Tanny throws a pick. The very next play. I couldn't
believe it. So, I look down to where my friend hangs out and he's already looking up at me pointing with his
eyes wide and his mouth open and I just casually shrugged like "it was obvious", but the guy never
forgot it and has always greeted me since with "how's it going Nostradamus?"

I enjoy the whole aspect of going to a football game. It isn't just the games, but the
details, characters and circumstances of going to them that often stick out in memory.

Watching on TV is allright, but it's not really the same thing.

I think this absolutely fits the spirit of the thread! My idea was for most memorable moment/play/game in the regular season. There is no doubt that ranks as one of the most memorable plays for you.

When it comes down to everyone voting for the most memorable moment, it might not connect with others as it did with you for obvious reasons. But I think everyone loves reading a story like that. We all have those personal moments as fans.

My favorite in person memory might be the comeback game against the Broncos. It was freezing and drizzling that night. When the Pats went down big, the majority of the group wanted to leave. I said no. They got up to leave and said I was out voted (we took one van). I said, "Fuck you, I'll walk home". They reluctantly stayed. By the time the game went to OT and won, I wouldn't shut the hell up about their fandom and wanting to leave a classic game early.

I can be an obnoxious prick like that. :)

I also have to add the Texans game 2 weeks later in Jacoby Brisset's first start. Unreal we crushed Houston that game. Here is Brisset's memorable TD run.

A very memorable game because a lot of people predicted we had no chance without Brady or Jimmy G and Jacoby hadn't played at all.

Anyhow, sometimes it's interactions with people sitting near you that you remember and that game was definitely one of them.

We had two seats right in front of us that were always up for grabs and you often got opposing fans and this was the case that day. I'm
not sure if I ever met a Texans fan prior, but one was an older woman from Mass. who was nuts about the Texans there with her
Brother and she was tiny, but loud. So, I get to chatting with her and nicely asked her what her deal was. She was what my Mother
used to call a "poor soul". She was really frail and didn't look all that healthy and I wondered if this was some kind of Make-a-wish deal,
so I didn't give her a hard time at all, but listened to her rant that she hated the Pats and how her guys were going to kill us.

I remember asking if she was really a Texans fan or had 31 jerseys in her closet and rotated them weekly. She gave a phlegmy cackle at that
and gave my hand a squeeze. Her hand felt like a little, cold claw which sent a chill down my spine. Her Brother just looked uncomfortable
and my guess was that she didn't get out of the house much, but as a gracious host I kept the banter up on and off. She was nice enough
for a hater and knew a lot about the Texans, but was just a little out there, i.e., she got really upset when she learned that she couldn't smoke
in the stadium. I mean, who knew? And she drank like a fish.

Anyhow, it wasn't long before the Pats started crushing them and she, all 90 pounds of her, started flipping off the entire stadium every time
the crowd went nuts. Double freedom rockets for all to see. It was a very celebratory atmosphere, so she had plenty of opportunities. Her
Brother kept begging her to stop, but God love her, she just kept it up.

With a couple of minutes left, a buddy nudges me and said "there goes trouble". I look up and she's heading for the ramp and we made
eye contact. I stood up with my hands raised and mouthed what, no goodbye? and she just flips me a final double bird and everybody laughed
like hell. She was a piece of work.

I thought it a little like a twisted version of the tragic airport scene at the end of Casablanca -- we'll always have Foxboro.

Back