favre in the pro bowl

midgar8784

Reaction score
Are you freaking kidding me??

Rivers leads the league in td's and Qb rating and does not make it over a Qb who leads the league in ints? Football and its fan base just took a quick nose dive in my eyes.

He's been the 3rd best QB in the division, but yeah, it was mostly his rep that got him in. It's not a big deal, no one cares about the pro bowl anyway. Looks nice on a resume I guess

Never underestimate the popularity of a QB who can turn a sure sack into a pic 6

Rivers leads the league in td's and Qb rating and does not make it over a Qb who leads the league in ints? Football and its fan base just took a quick nose dive in my eyes.

All the pro bowl is a Popularity contest. It always has been that way. The players that desrve to be on the pro bowl don't make it and for Favre & Manning to make it over Cassel and Rivers is PURe BS.

All the pro bowl is a Popularity contest. It always has been that way. The players that desrve to be on the pro bowl don't make it and for Favre & Manning to make it over Cassel and Rivers is PURe BS.
Pennington got snubbed, too.

This was ridiculous. I can't think of a choice that has been worse. Like someone else already said, the league leader in ints was selected over the highest rated passer.

He's been the 3rd best QB in the division, but yeah, it was mostly his rep that got him in. It's not a big deal, no one cares about the pro bowl anyway. Looks nice on a resume I guess

For many players making the Pro Bowl means a big bonus this year - and a bigger payday when they negotiate their next contract. And for many borderline players, Hall of Fame voters look at how many times a player did - or did not make the Pro Bowl. Granted its inexcusable for HOF voters to use that as rationale, given that everybody has known for a long time that the Pro Bowl voting is a joke, but it is something that could/should be rectified.

For many players making the Pro Bowl means a big bonus this year - and a bigger payday when they negotiate their next contract. And for many borderline players, Hall of Fame voters look at how many times a player did - or did not make the Pro Bowl. Granted its inexcusable for HOF voters to use that as rationale, given that everybody has known for a long time that the Pro Bowl voting is a joke, but it is something that could/should be rectified.
What I really meant is the fans don't care about the Pro Bowl :) Some do of course, hence this thread :p

I can just picture Madden sitting there for days voting over and over again.

If he doesn't go to NY, the Dolphins probably don't get Paddington, and they still suck.. so he made Miami and NY better teams.. I'm so happy for him, this should be enough pub to hold him over until his next retirement/un-retirement.

I don't know how anyone could watch that to start with, but if someone was planning on watching.. I don't see how they could now.. I think that turns off 10% more sets than if Favre doesn't play.. so instead of 100 people watching, they'll only get about 90 this year.

Farve yes, but Manning has significantly more yards and TD's than Cassel and only one more int (and a higher qb Rating)

Farve yes, but Manning has significantly more yards and TD's than Cassel and only one more int (and a higher qb Rating)

A Manning / Cassel debate. How far the mighty have fallen.

I think Manning is also better than Garrard, Losman & Orlovsky!

He is on par with Rivers, Pennington & Cutler.

Cassel > all

I had not problem with manning making it. I mean I hate the chargers and rivers and love when bad things happen to them, but I mean come on...Someone show me in history where a Qb leading the league in td's and Qb rating didnt make the pro bowl but a guy leading the league in ints did. Geez, next thing you know they will make manning mvp this year.:poke:

Yup. And he's having a pretty good year. He was just fine in that overtime vs. the Pats (unfortunately)

He's having a good year? He looked good against the Pats? Yah, so did Seneca Wallace and Chad Pennington. It's more an indictment on the Pats defense than the actually abilities of the opposing QB. Faver is an over-rated schmuck. Always thought so. Always will. The media has firmly planted it's lips on his you-know-what and the Fans follow. Bleh!

I had not problem with manning making it. I mean I hate the chargers and rivers and love when bad things happen to them, but I mean come on...Someone show me in history where a Qb leading the league in td's and Qb rating didnt make the pro bowl but a guy leading the league in ints did.
I agree. It's teh dumb.

Geez, next thing you know they will make manning superbowl mvp this year.:poke:
Fixed your post

:D

Back