Film sequels and remakes better than the original?

Die Hard 3 was my favorite of them all.

Lethal Weapon 1 was my least favorite of them all, though I still loved it.

Any of the Bourne sequels...

Any of the Oceans seques...

The Evil Dead: Army of Darkness?

In ways yes. The storylines were a little bit of a reach, but the character development and the use of the women in both was pretty cool. I loved the way they spun Tess' character looking like Julia Roberts...

Oh do you mean the original with the Rat Pack? If so def yes...but I do not necessarily like the sequels better but they were very good.

In ways yes. The storylines were a little bit of a reach, but the character development and the use of the women in both was pretty cool. I loved the way they spun Tess' character looking like Julia Roberts...

Oh do you mean the original with the Rat Pack? If so def yes...but I do not necessarily like the sequels better but they were very good.

I get what you're saying...I just loved Ocean's Twelve so much the others didn't measure up for me.

I agree Jaric. Probably the best sequel ever made! Heck it would have been a great stand alone movie!

While I loved T2 and Aliens, I gotta give them props on the special effects in regards to the years the originals were made(79 & 84) So I gotta disagree with those 2~

Empire Strikes Back
Godfather II
Superman 2
X-men 2
Spider-Man 2
Aliens
Terminator 2

Spider-Man 2 is a great call. Absolutely fantastic movie.

You'll find most of the superhero comic book sequels will be better than the original especially when it comes to die hard fans. In the first all of the characters have to be introduced for all the people that don't know while the fans of the comics already know and want to get right in to the story. Once the sequel comes around everyone knows them and it's time to just kick ass.

You'll find most of the superhero comic book sequels will be better than the original especially when it comes to die hard fans. In the first all of the characters have to be introduced for all the people that don't know while the fans of the comics already know and want to get right in to the story. Once the sequel comes around everyone knows them and it's time to just kick ass.

I agree with that. Only example I can find that the original was better than the sequel, is Conan.

I like Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade better than Raiders of the Lost Ark, but both are excellent films. Temple of Doom was okay, but was spoiled by Kate Capshaw's constant screaming and nagging!

Back