Fleming: When DO YOUR JOB goes the extra mile

HSanders

disgusted and pissed
Reaction score
Wow, just wow. I'm very impressed. Let's hope something like this gets more attention from the media than morons on Denver running their mouths. A girl can dream, can't she?

http://www.patspulpit.com/2016/1/20...riots-linebacker-saved-woman-from-burning-car

Darius Fleming, Hero: Patriots Linebacker Saved a Woman from a Burning Car Last Week
By Offensive Jazz Interference on Jan 20, 2016, 12:09p 10

Kyle Terada-USA TODAY Sports
NEVER MISS PATRIOTS BREAKING NEWS!

FOLLOW PATS PULPIT ON TWITTER

LIKE PATS PULPIT FACEBOOK

New England's linebacker saved a women from a serious car wreck.

 TWEET SHARE (54) PIN
During last year's AFC Championship Game against the Indianapolis Colts, Patriots linebacker Darius Fleming recovered a muffed punt early in the first quarter to set up his team's first score of the day. Fleming came up in a high-pressure situation.

Fleming also came up in a high-pressure situation last week – not on the field but off it.

According to a Facebook post by Fleming's high school St. Rita of Cascia in Chicago, the 26-year old saved a woman's life two days prior to the Patriots' divisional round playoff game against the Kansas City Chiefs:

It's an understatement to say we are proud of New England Patriot Darius Fleming, St. Rita Class of 2008. Darius stepped up to play a key role at Linebacker in the Patriots' playoff win over the weekend, but two days earlier made an even bigger impact.

He helped save a woman from a burning vehicle by kicking through her car window to help her escape. In doing so, he suffered a cut to his leg that required 22 stitches to close.

On and off the field, Ritamen like Darius do great things. Keep up the great work, Darius, & thank you for your courage.

According to media reports, Fleming, who is in his second season with the Patriots, witnessed a three-car accident on Route 1 near Gillette Stadium on Thursday night and found the woman unable to get out of her car. He kicked against the window thrice before it finally broke.

Despite the cut on his leg, Fleming was active two days later for the Patriots' 27-20 victory over the visiting Chiefs. He played 26 snaps (10 on defense, 16 on special teams) and finished the game with one assisted tackle.

Thank you, Darius, for risking your own well-being for someone else's.

A true Patriot.

Nicely done Fleming.

~Dee~

I just hope the opponent doe not target this injury and give it a good boot or two.

I could just fax you the secret detailed injury list and you could hand it over to Wade. Probably be easier for everyone. :coffee:

Cheers, Bostontim

OH NO!! TMZ is on it..... and It looks like people are looking into the accident that may have never happened. No Local police departments have a three car accident on their record.

Walpole PD reports a 3-car accident on Rte. 1 and Fox Hill at 4:19 p.m. last Thursday. No injuries were reported.

The car was not on fire, but apparently there was smoke.

Fleming didn't tell anyone except the coach, not his teammates, nobody. The media will blow this all out of proportion, and they've already commented that something sounds fishy.

Umm, no.

What????
Maybe they didn't report it for whatever reason???

Hopefully not, but maybe darius needed to explain the 22 stich cut somehow and he didn't want to mention that synthetic shit?

:facepalm: ???

Cheers

he never said fire but smoking car too I guess.

I love this, another reason to pull together - Bill planned an accident just so this could happen, Man he thinks of everything!!

3 days before the Super Bowl Tom Brady will be known to cure cancer.

3 days before the Super Bowl Tom Brady will be known to cure cancer.

Two days before, we'll learn that first he injects you with it and his success rate is 5%.

Cheers, BostonTim

Back