Friendly reminder that this exists

Joe

Registered Loser
Reaction score
malcolm-butler-intercepts-russell-wilson-super-bowl.gif

That is all. :coffee:

This will never, ever, ever get old. Ever.
The only thing that would have made this play any better (well I can think of a few other things but this one specifically jumps out) is if it lasted a little longer. Even if it were just a 20 yard return. The worst part about it is that it ends so abruptly. I remember watching it live and just still staring at the TV somewhat baffled at what happened and not being sure if it was a legit interception or what. I didn't get to fully celebrate until I saw the replay

My son and I were sitting 50'-60' to the left, 12 rows from the field, and got a great look at the Interception.

Reactions: Joe
I sat there stunned...I was like WTF did I just saw... I looked at my Kid with my hands in the air and said we won the motherfvcking SB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sat there stunned...I was like WTF did I just saw... I looked at my Kid with my hands in the air and said we won the motherfvcking SB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The more I watch it the more impressed I get. I mean that's the football equivalent of going all in on your hand and winning it all. Butler starts his jump before Wilson even cocks the ball back. Thank god (aka BB) for this team and the way they prepared

What makes this even better was that it was Butler making it-
dude had actually made a fantastic play breaking up the bomb that Kearse somehow had miraculously land on him.
kearsecatch.jpg

Butler THEN had the wits to realize the play was still alive and knock Kearse out of bounds, saving the TD.

Good football by Butler, rewarded by excrutiating bad luck.

Then...sweet sweet redemption.

The more I watch it the more impressed I get. I mean that's the football equivalent of going all in on your hand and winning it all. Butler starts his jump before Wilson even cocks the ball back. Thank god (aka BB) for this team and the way they prepared
It was like hitting a Royal Flush on the final card when your opponent has 4 aces...

One can only hope that as Butler made that pick, somewhere in front of a TV this was repeated...
suggsomg.gif

Is that a Seahawks fan below, still trying to reach for the trophy that was so close yet so far?

This shot was actually right after thye Kearse catch. Not post-interception. Paul Allen is just corn-fused.

Cheers

Back