Friendly reminder that this exists

I remember that play....I was watching my 40 inch tv from my bed at that point, not believing that the ball was already at the 1, but pretty happy Lynch had only gotten to the one! (Nice tackling-Great tackling!).

Then the time was going by, and I didn't think of time-outs; I kind of had that 'I haven't lost confidence; I'll just watch the next play' feeling....then...

I wondered 'what....sheet.....It's Been Intercepted!!!!!! Holy Crap!!!!!! They're going to win the game!'

I guess it had to be that close of a game. The two best teams, and both played well. Not a fumble lost,.....etc.

But that play by Butler....it is still shocking. Thank gawd....

Then they drew the Seahawks offsides...I Knew they won at that point

I'll tell you what....I don't care if you're a Patriots fan, a Patriots hater, just a general football fan, s Steeler Fan, just about any fan of football....when that Butler play was seen in real time, and when it's seen on replay...all that can be said is: "the Patriots made a Great play, and they deserved to win...case closed". That had to be one of the coolest, most surprising and talented (if you will) interceptions Ever.

What is fun for me is to pick out individual Patriots to watch as the play unfolds......

I sat on the couch and said quietly, "holy shit he just intercepted the ball" in complete disbelief. I couldn't believe it. Too shocked to celebrate at that second

The funny thing about the play was that I hadn't worked out it was an interception until the replay. I could tell by the momentum of the pile up that it was a turnover, but I initially thought it was a fumble. As everyone else has said, that play will never get old.

I think it adds to the sense of disbelief that I assumed they would score at that point and we would lose. I still can't quite believe it.
Posted via Mobile Device

A reprieve from the Governor at 11:59,

Cheers, BostonTim

Also my favorite thing. That's why I love seeing that play from different angles and from cell phones of people that were at the game.

I love watching Wilfork's reaction!!!
And Malcolm remains grateful that Vince didn't jump the pile.

Cheers

Looking at the Inside the NFL version, it's scary to see how close Hightower came to accidentally knocking the ball out of Malcom's arms. Fast forward to the 11:40 mark.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/urYnkhU5t3w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I know this has been discussed but this play is far better then the Tyree catch, the Manningham catch and even the Tuck call.

This play won the game in the final seconds. I was sitting in a room full of haters (Steeler, Redskin, Giant fans) My brother in laws step father kept making comments about how the Pats couldn't stop the Seattle offense (what?) He left with five minutes left in the game. Can't wait to see him again.

I was pissed when the Seahacks started the fight afterwards. I wanted to enjoy that moment.

Also, we had a snow day from school the next day. Wearing my Pats jersey on Tuesday seemed to lose some luster.

On checking out different players' reactions, I can't seem to find a good one of BB's reaction. I found some video from a fan's camera that barely shows BB throwing his hands up but that's it. I'll see if I can find it again

On checking out different players' reactions, I can't seem to find a good one of BB's reaction. I found some video from a fan's camera that barely shows BB throwing his hands up but that's it. I'll see if I can find it again
I don't recall seeing that either, but I know there's video out there of him celebrating when they drew the Seahawks offsides.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BqvL_aac_Ik" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Belichick is on the 12 yard line on the sideline (obviously lol)

Yea that was some shit. Fortunately the refs actually did a pretty good job calling the game IMO. They missed that 15 yarder on RTK but also missed the Butler pass interference (which, I think, is more praise to Butler because it legitimately did look like incidental contact at full speed)

Back