Game Balls

PatsFanDan

Reaction score
I gotta be honest, I didn't see this one coming. Really thought with Warren and Wilfork out the Pats were going to struggle on D. And they did struggle stopping the run on the first drive. They did button that up a bit as the game wore on but the key was getting out to the 14-3 lead.

Game Balls in no particular order.....

The D - A number of guys stepped up in this one but the unit as a whole played very well. Nice to see with a couple of key components on the D-Line out. And kudos to the coaching staff for pulling out the old trickery of having guys standing up and confusing the Bill's O-line on blocking assignments. I recall that worked once before against the Bills when one Drew Bledsoe was under center.

Mike Wright - Solid job filling in today. Made a couple of real key plays in the run game creating long yardage situations for the Bills.

Banta Cain - Unsung hero on the defense for this entire season IMO. May have been the smartest offseason move the Pats made bringing this guy back.

LoMo - Another solid day running the football. Nothing too spectacular. Just workman like. I swear I thought he had a couple chances to take one to the house today. But he continues to run hard and made a significant contribution today when the passing game wasn't quite up to par.

The Freak - Say what you want about Moss. I'm still not sure if there is lack of effort, if he's frustrated by the double teams and not getting the ball, of if the guy is just plain hurt. But he kept his mouth shut this week amidst a nationwide shitstorm in his direction and went out and took care of business today. Kudos to the coaching staff for making sure he was involved. Whether that was in effort to shut up the media or just make Randy happy....who cares, it worked.

On the neg side, the offense had its struggles today. Still can't call this one a solid 60 minutes but the game was never really in question and at this stage a win is a win. Just hope this team can get healthy and a little more consistency on both sides of the ball as we are in the stretch run now.

Wright stood out today for me. After that first drive by the bills the pats made adjustments, so props to the coaches too. I think people need to get healthy and we can make a strong run at this thing.

I only got to see about a quarter and a half today. It seemed Buffalo had no answer to Maroney. He was running for more than 5 yards a carry and had a couple of bigger runs. How did the game go from there? I left for work after that then walked into a shitstorm here at work upon arrival. Didn't stop till after 4?

Did he get a hundred?

I only got to see about a quarter and a half today. It seemed Buffalo had no answer to Maroney. He was running for more than 5 yards a carry and had a couple of bigger runs. How did the game go from there? I left for work after that then walked into a shitstorm here at work upon arrival. Didn't stop till after 4?

Did he get a hundred?

23-81-1td

schobel only an assist...need to watch the game soon....open a cold celebration ale and put on my blankie and relax...will check back soon...I love the DVR

schobel only an assist...need to watch the game soon....open a cold celebration ale and put on my blankie and relax...will check back soon...I love the DVR

Electric blankie? wuv

How did the d backs do? Did they play a lot of nickel? Were the recievers challenged at the line? Or did they get a free release all afternoon?

Back