Garay hit on Brady, video or images?

Brownfan80

Dad of 7, still love the Pats!
Reaction score
I have been looking for video or images of the hit on Brady by Garay, just because I couldn't understand how he didn't blow out his knee when I saw it live.. but nowhere on the internet has the video or images. They have the images of when Garay first made contact, but not when Brady contorted like gumby. Anybody have video or images that I can't find?

Might be morbid fascination, but when he got up and walked away all I could think about was seeing it again because I was so sure he was out when it happened live and even on the couple of replays they showed..

shrug.

I've asked Mike Reiss, Tom Curren, and Ian if they have a video clip of it, and nobody does. Hard to believe, but nobody can get one.

Conspiracy.

I have been looking for video or images of the hit on Brady by Garay, just because I couldn't understand how he didn't blow out his knee when I saw it live.. but nowhere on the internet has the video or images. They have the images of when Garay first made contact, but not when Brady contorted like gumby. Anybody have video or images that I can't find?

Might be morbid fascination, but when he got up and walked away all I could think about was seeing it again because I was so sure he was out when it happened live and even on the couple of replays they showed..

shrug.

I haven't seen it anywhere, but how he survived it was probably twofold: 1) his foot released from the ground, allowing the leg to move and dissipate the energy. 2) and TB mentioned this, he still wears a brace on that knee.

The human body is extremely flexible and resilient, when it is given the opportunity to move, hits like Brady took on Sunday are the most dangerous when the body is unable to move and react how it wants to, forcing things to move the wrong way.

SSDD

shrug.

From what I remember seeing, the only thing that saved him was that his foot didn't stay planted in the fieldturf. If it had, his knee would have been done-ski.

The sports channels are too busy showing how Big Ben took a similar shot on Sunday. I've seen the hit on him at least 5 times today.

The sports channels are too busy showing how Big Ben took a similar shot on Sunday. I've seen the hit on him at least 5 times today.

That would be because Clankenstein limped off the field, being a giant Steelers-Style Drama Queen about it.

Here's a pic.

6a0115709f071f970b0154359eecf6970c-400wi

Well of course - Ol' Clankenstein did the same thing he did when Seymour punched him in the face: flopped. Then went to the locker room, then heroically returned to win the game against the unstoppable Seahawks Juggernaut.

In other words, Big Ben is a ****ing drama queen. :coffee:

That would be because Clankenstein limped off the field, being a giant Steelers-Style Drama Queen about it.

Well of course - Ol' Clankenstein did the same thing he did when Seymour punched him in the face: flopped, went to the locker room, then heroically returned to win the game against the unstoppable Seahawks Juggernaut.

In other words, Big Ben is a ****ing drama queen. :coffee:

GMTA :thumb:

Here's a pic.

6a0115709f071f970b0154359eecf6970c-400wi

This pic reinforces what I saw, that Garay came in from an angle just behind Brady, so when the knee didn't buckle right away (probably because it was reinforced by the brace), he simple sat down on Garay. There was never really any major "contorting" it just appeared that way due to the initial look of the hit.

Just for you, here's a gif below I lifted from this post at patsfans.

Warning: Not for the faint of heart! :eek: :eek:hnoez: Seriously, makes me cringe at what almost was :crying:

ETA: No spoiler tags here? I tried [ spoiler] and < spoiler>...someone lemme know if there is one! thx :)

<spoiler>
bradychargers.gif
</spoiler>

I received the same injury as Brady while playing softball years ago, and even after surgery my knee will go out if my shoe catches on something. The pain stops me in my tracks, and I feel nauseous immediately. My brace (when I wear it) stops my knee from sliding, though. He's smart to wear it, it'll save his bacon, for sure.

Yeah so, it seems both the charger player and the guy that hit Ben both got fined 15k. I remember watching the game, and the announcer just freaks out when it happened, and they would not show Brady the camera was on the play, so when I saw Brady just get right up, it was a relief.

I was at the game. Sitting in the 300s where news travels slow. The whole section immediately hushed as the hit happened. A whole doomed season flashed before our collective eyes.

Of course no flag. Andre Carter makes a picture perfect hit on Rivers and gets 15 yards. Brady almost get's his knee blown to smithereens and there's nothing.

From what I remember seeing, the only thing that saved him was that his foot didn't stay planted in the fieldturf. If it had, his knee would have been done-ski.

He says the brace made a huge difference and wonders why he never wore one before. Thank bejeezus.

Yup, combination of the brace, and his foot coming up... The football gods were protecting him...

So fines were handed out this morning, and I haven't seen one yet for Carter's hit on Rivers. Hmmmm - so maybe it was a bad call after all?

So fines were handed out this morning, and I haven't seen one yet for Carter's hit on Rivers. Hmmmm - so maybe it was a bad call after all?

Yup.

But, so far, all I've seen on other team boards is a link to an article showing the fine for the Brady hit (without the same thing for the Big Ben knee hit) and claiming "BRADY IZ TEH GETS TEH SPESHUL TREATMENTZ FROM TEH LEEEGE!!!!! SEE? IZ WAS WRIGHT!!!!!" and crap like that.

Because I've come to realize something - the hatred for Tom Brady among other teams fan bases is so emotional and so intense, it makes them go 'full retard', and everyone with any sense knows, you never go 'full retard'.

Back