Garropolo or Brissett .. who ya got?

Jacoby played a great game last night. He had fire in his eyes and you could tell he was extra jacked for this game from the opening series on. He is so much smarter with the ball than Andrew Luck ever was. Luck would take chances and throw picks, then somehow bail the team out with his talent. JB may not have the same talent set as Luck, but his is much smarter with the ball. Given the Colts decent defense and balanced offense, they could make noise in the AFC this year - that and the rest of the AFC after the Pats and I guess KC is hogwash.

The game manager thing is a compliment except some use it to diminish a QBs talent. The first drive showed good skills and movement. After the pick the game plan got real conservative and he just threw short. IDK. Hey they beat the chiefs.. cool.!

Well Jimmy did his job well... Amidst a dominant defense and a gift giving browns team. Clean game without the fumbles and picks. Modest game manager stats. Similar actually to the Brissett effort. Is that the takeaway from Patriots system..? Protect the ball and do your job . 👍😎

Not much for JG to do when the 49ers are running for 200 yards a game. I feel like his TD:INT ratio should be a lot better given that.

Jacoby is good, but JG can make all the NFL throws

I think Jacoby can make the throw, but can he make the read? If it's just hit the open guy, then hes pretty good.

Bigger issue however is movement and durability. JimmyG has never played 5 games in a row. I'm concerned that as he gains more and more confidence, he might do that one risky thing that gets him in trouble. JB seems better at moving around and avoiding the big guys.

Glad to see both guys doing well and making it an interesting comparison..:thumb:

Ok the Jimmy show amps up with big showdown game against division favorite LA Rams at LA. It's like this season has challenge after challenge for this guy and this team and so far they have answered the bell. This becomes the biggest challenge so far and LA is hungry to re-establish its division leadership after a couple setbacks in their schedule. Desperation time so expect a dogfight. Should be interesting to see how Jimmy handles legit pass rush while leading that team into hostile territory. Could be a low scoring game. IMO:tmack:

Yup .. 27 total points scored in division battle won by the 49ers. Once again a mixed bag from the QB who was under pressure and had a horrible end zone pick and a strip fumble . . But the SF team might be a version of "Patriots west".. since it has a dominant defense apparently to go along with solid special teams and an underwhelming offense . They do have excellent backs and TEs. ... And like the Patriots should probably improve moving the ball as season progresses. We shall see.popcorn

So... This week you have a stark contrast in games for these guys.. JG has a guppy at Washington after becoming a legit team this week at 5-0.

JB on the other hand, is in for a battle against division rival Houston. This game will tell fans a lot about who is the likely playoff team coming out of that division... Once again , you are looking for a Brissett that can elevate his game under the increasing spotlight. Should be a good game.

Yup .. 27 total points scored in division battle won by the 49ers. Once again a mixed bag from the QB who was under pressure and had a horrible end zone pick and a strip fumble . . But the SF team might be a version of "Patriots west".. since it has a dominant defense apparently to go along with solid special teams and an underwhelming offense . They do have excellent backs and TEs. ... And like the Patriots should probably improve moving the ball as season progresses. We shall see.popcorn

Half the pats offense is hurt and they are still out playing the niners offense. If the pats just had the niners TE, they would be scoring 40 ppg, so not sure what you mean by underwhelming.

Half the pats offense is hurt and they are still out playing the niners offense. If the pats just had the niners TE, they would be scoring 40 ppg, so not sure what you mean by underwhelming.

Yah, it's a loose comparison simply based on the JG connection and the defense being more of the story. The only clarification you need about underwhelming is having faced only one team with a winning record and scoring 6 points in that game.

That game triggered a critique of the offense thread. Playcalling 101 . Check it out. :wink:

This thread is kinda amazing.. since both QBs could possibly be in the playoffs having been put alongside good coaching , running games, and defense. JG will perhaps complete a half season soon then every game will become new territory for him in his experience. Brissett has not shown too much running even though he is good at it. Could be sensible strategy of risk management, or saving it for the bigger games.. idk.

This thread is kinda amazing.. since both QBs could possibly be in the playoffs having been put alongside good coaching , running games, and defense. JG will perhaps complete a half season soon then every game will become new territory for him in his experience. Brissett has not shown too much running even though he is good at it. Could be sensible strategy of risk management, or saving it for the bigger games.. idk.

I think the pressure is on Brissett this week. At home in a quasi divisional championship cuz this division is there for the taking. So the brissett offense needs to open up just enough to make defense back up. The competition with Watson will be interesting.

I think the pressure is on Brissett this week. At home in a quasi divisional championship cuz this division is there for the taking. So the brissett offense needs to open up just enough to make defense back up. The competition with Watson will be interesting.
I'd say Brissette nailed it with a bunch of tds and yards today.

What I dont get is what this thread is about.

Who cares?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I'd say Brissette nailed it with a bunch of tds and yards today.

What I dont get is what this thread is about.

Who cares?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

You want him or jimmy. ? Discuss. Don't bitch.

Back