Givens : Hard Core Titan Fan - new member

:shrug: :huh: WTF?

edit: OK, you added more than just a link to your original post :spock: Had me a little confused.

Bipolar Titan said:
I hate Peyton Manning! I hate everything about him. Congratulations on all those Super Bowls. So, do 2 #2 WR make a #1 WR?:archive: How do you feel about Givens? That's why I joined up... that and you guys are on the schedule this year.

A fellow Titans fan asked the same question earlier this week in this thread.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12340
so where did Givens fit in for you guys? http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302029

so, I hate Peyton Manning and you like South Park? ok. I like South Park. I think it's BS that Chef (Issac Hayes) is leaving for his so called personal reasons. It's not like he ever stood up for jews, blacks, gays, catholics, or the Boy Scouts... anyways... last time you were in Nashville you got a beat down... that's real weak on my part seeing that you can cite more recent regular season loss you've handed us a play-off elimination... What's wrong with Drew? My grandma could of caught that...:Eason: I know... you got to understand... it was really damn cold that day...:patriots: It was all Patriots but I like to think we were in it.:pat:

At least you beat the Colts in the AFC Championship for me. Made it fun cheering you guys in the SB...(I didn't cheer for the Ravens in their SB)

We needed a win at home in December aginst the Colts in '03 so we could win the division. We beat the Ravens in the wildcard... we visited and had the better record... runner up to the Colts in the south.

this was a game that sent me into a manic bipolar spin...

I was pretty much better a month later during the playoffs.

Welcome to the board, Bipolar. Fitting name. ;)

Are you ADHD too? :p

I think the Titans overpaid for Givens, but he is a real solid player. Check out the thread Bid pointed to for more opinions on him.

Welcome Bipolar !

I've always liked McNair and had a lot of respect for his willingness to play while hurt.

<<
it was really damn cold that day...
>>

Damn cold doesn't even begin to describe it. I was at that game and someone in my section had a thermometer that consistently read -12 the whole game.

I had about a dozen of those hand/foot warmer patches stuck all over my body or I would never have made it through the game. When the kickers were doing their thing it sounded like they were kicking a piece of wood not a ball. Hell of a game and coldest in New England history.

Givens is a great possession receiver. The majority of his catches will be for 1st downs.

hey edge! thought you might like this........

http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread...43939#post43939

hey... I'm not a bad guy... I just hate it when I have good intentions and am swept under the rug!!!

Look, we play this year ... you must join GOTITANS.COM so you can stop by and see us... it only takes 2 minutes to register!!! follow this link to Go Titans...

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/index.php?referrerid=1948

If you follow the above link it tells my buddy Titan Jeff that I sent you...
It might keep me from getting banned...

anyhow...

be sure to stop by COLTSFREAKS ... they just got the news that the Texans are all wet.

please, read the threads... they intertwine...
funny stuff if you take just a little time...

I bet if you do you'll join GOTITANS.com right away!
You won't be sorry!!!

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/index.php?referrerid=1948
once again... follow this link and register!!!^

ps- I'd love to chit chat with you guys. I'm going to put this thread on email notification if I can... :D

I've heard rumors that Givens will be starring in the sequel to this movie as his schedule will become immediately open after catching up with his former teammates in Week 17.

Left-Behind-DVD-Front-Cover.jpg

"Although he'll have tough shoes to fill from the original, Givens' growing pains should be eased by the availability of trusty sidekick, Vikings QB, Brad Johnson, to appear in the sequel as well."

- WA Gazette-Libeler, 4/7/06

Re: Re: Givens : Hard Core Titan Fan - new member

Are there any Minutemen among you???

Read this!!!
B A Rabbit said:
Now THATS deserves a hearty welcome!!!! o:)
You must help me in my hater mission Patriot Planet... I have declared war on Coltfreaks... I have raised a small army of gotitan smack returners... we raid and invade but we need to follow up your talk. please come to the Coltfreaks.com smack shack and tell those (insert nasty word here) that Peyton Manning is not this and he's not that... tell them what he really is... I'm going to be coming back here until I get some Patriot fans to join that Colts forum so they can make it even more fun... just come to read my dribble... and their lame excuses for their choke master...

btw, I rep Tom Brady because I really think he is the man, plus he has a much better credit card commercial that Panic Manning... Peyton Manning is a tool. I think that anyone that is a fan of him should be reminded of what a prick Manning is... please, come to Coltfreaks by following this link and come hate on Manning with me. You know that douchbag deserves it!

Click the pick and register!!!

Read this!!!

Re: Re: Re: Givens : Hard Core Titan Fan - new member

Bipolar Titan said:

You must help me in my hater mission Patriot Planet... I have declared war on Coltfreaks... I have raised a small army of gotitan smack returners... we raid and invade but we need to follow up your talk. please come to the Coltfreaks.com smack shack and tell those (insert nasty word here) that Peyton Manning is not this and he's not that... tell them what he really is... I'm going to be coming back here until I get some Patriot fans to join that Colts forum so they can make it even more fun... just come to read my dribble... and their lame excuses for their choke master...

I used to go to Coltfreaks a few years ago. Bunch of sore losers there. I stopped going when I couldn't figure out why the Mods were editing my posts. At the time there were only like eight or ten posters. One was from New Zealand.

Re: Re: Re: Givens : Hard Core Titan Fan - new member

Bipolar Titan said:
Are there any Minutemen among you???

Read this!!!

btw, I rep Tom Brady because I really think he is the man, plus he has a much better credit card commercial that Panic Manning... Peyton Manning is a tool. I think that anyone that is a fan of him should be reminded of what a prick Manning is... please, come to Coltfreaks by following this link and come hate on Manning with me. You know that douchbag deserves it!

Click the pick and register!!!

Read this!!!

Ok. This is where you lost me dude. I don't see the point of goin' to other message boards and talkin' smack. Makes no sense. Ain't no profit in it. Now, if someone could list a set of team forums that are similar to Patriots Planets, where the discussions are almost 100% intelligent, there is very little sniping at one another, and a discussion of two teams strengths and weaknesses are discussed w/o the usual 'you s#$$' and suchwise, that would be a profitable endeavor.

As far as Givens goes, some will say your team overpaid for him, but considering we have, oh, about 18M bucks to burn and no way over 6'+, sure-handed David Givens to toss to, never mind someone we could reasonably convince ourselves in a drunken stupor is ready to take over the #2 WR spot on our roster--I'd have to say you guys got yerselves one heck of a football player.

But please excuse me for not participating in the us 'we gotta gang up on the Indy...stuff'. I like all the Indy posters here, except one or two. And they have an excuse. They're not very intelligent and/or they're very young, and/or they have issues. :thumb:

If you guys can find a QB (that whole thing w/your QB's agent is pretty pathetic. I mean we're talking 23+ million cap stuff, and he wants to work out on the Titan facilities? His agent is showing proof that McNair needs to find himself a new agent is all I can see.

Welcome to the board. Hope you're taking your pills. :p

Re: Re: Re: Re: Givens : Hard Core Titan Fan - new member

aaava said:
Ok. This is where you lost me dude. I don't see the point of goin' to other message boards and talkin' smack. Makes no sense. Ain't no profit in it. Now, if someone could list a set of team forums that are similar to Patriots Planets, where the discussions are almost 100% intelligent, there is very little sniping at one another, and a discussion of two teams strengths and weaknesses are discussed w/o the usual 'you s#$$' and suchwise, that would be a profitable endeavor.
But please excuse me for not participating in the us 'we gotta gang up on the Indy...stuff'. I like all the Indy posters here, except one or two. And they have an excuse. They're not very intelligent and/or they're very young, and/or they have issues. :thumb:
Welcome to the board. Hope you're taking your pills. :p
It's just as simple as this:
I do not like Manning. I hate him. I can not stand him. I don't want people to like him...

w/o the usual 'you s#$$' and suchwise, that would be a profitable endeavor. ???

OK... this is where you lost me...
there is nothing "usual" about the kind of jacked up funny wit I leave in my path of destruction.

I'm a hater when it comes to Manning...
I want to mess with people who like him... It is my attempt to make people like him less...

There are alot of things I like about alot of players... You know, I don't even pick at the INDY team... I just hammer away at Manning... and have fun...

there is no profit... only fun.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R1piy8Zxddw"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R1piy8Zxddw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

spot.gif

Just what we needed - Another Manning-hater. :rolleyes:

I'll welcome you, anyway, bipolar. Even though I'm a Colts fan, I reside here with these fine folks cause they actually like to talk football (and with very little smack). I can take good-natured ribbing and all, and I know the Titans used to be big rivals for us, so I can understand your sentiments.

Notice I said "used" to be... ;)

Too bad about McHurt. But you have strengthened your team with the addition of a Colt or two, so...

We'll see how it plays out this year. ;)

Welcome!

Welcome to the board.

Smack attack forums are fine for consenting adults, but I don't think you are likely to recruit an army of Manning bashers here-- even though most of us can't stand him.

As far as Givens goes, we are going to miss him and you are going to like him. He is probably more effective when he has single coverage, but is very tough, strong, has great hands and works extremely hard. He also plays faster than people think and can get open. I think he has continued to improve every year, but will have trouble doing so in Tennessee. At least for now.

One odd thing about Givens is that he is kind of a bull in a china shop. By that I mean that he seems to lack the innate ability to avoid contact and takes some horrendous hits and falls. I wonder if he will be able to stay healthy enough to have a long and productive career, but is a guy that chose to make some money and forego the likelihood of competing for a championship for at least this year and probably a few more.

Good luck with him and your noble quest to sow hatred.

You invade their board...

they invade your board...

it never stops.

Pay-Ton annoys me as much as the next guy but I must be getting old or something 'cause the idea of going Crusading in Colt-ville appeals to me on the same level as a free root-canal.

Givens worked well with Tom Brady. I think the highlight of his career may remain his catch against Denver a couple of years ago for a touchdown in that "intentional safety game".

I thought the best thing about him was that he didn't take up much salary cap room. He was not particularly big, and not very fast. Reasonably sure-handed, but if I'm not mistaken, he dropped a wide-open pass in the regular season game against Denver this past year (I was at work and listening on the radio and I've never actually seen the play).

This is a great board... what wonderful replies... I'm not trying to bash Manning...
It's more like I'm trying to deliver them from the evil that is Peyton Manning...

Visit that forum... forget smack... don't make it about smack... just try to talk to them about whether Peyton is really the best quarterback in the league...

Honest... just click that picture register on that board as a patriots fan and watch out... It's funny to me...

I don't think you have an appreciation for what I view as smack... Smack to me is not personal attacks and namecalling... It's not even necessarily making comparisons to the mine is better than yours school of thought...

I'm just bringing them the truth that Manning is a goob. He is... every year he does something new to inflame people. It's as signiture to him as his choke jobs...

Plus I like to mix it up and be light-hearted and funny. I have even brought Coltfreaks.com posters over to goTitans.com to mix it up... I'm not trying to get any of you to go over them and trash them... I just want a few of you to go over there and talk to them.

I admire your organization. I think Brady is something else. I'm not jealous of your team. I hope my Titans can aspire to that level of accomplishment...

Cock_Fight_Cartoon.GIF

do you get what I'm saying? I want to see a Patriots fan just go own them... I mostly just want to laugh and point...

Now, you might say to yourself that that is immature and I should try to be more adult or something... but it's fun...

Don't go and smack talk if your idea of smack talk is that of unfortunate by-product of football discussion on a message board...

I think of it as a game called "the 6 degrees of truth" ... it's just a challenge of wit and I'm never angry... Just at times I'm at a loss for something clever to say...(clever... not really factual) ....

it is April... If there were games... but when there are... you might want to go back there... don't post in that Smack forum... just go post ... go trollin'...

I'm trollin' right now... it can be fun...
and if there is a numbnuts like me around... you can guarentee it...

now, for your quahog lovin' amusement I bring you another Bipolar production (not really) courtesy of some guy and the good folks at YOUTUBE! ENJOY!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-pPlh2BzDiw"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-pPlh2BzDiw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Back