Goodell sells out Belichick to Arlen Specter

You summed it up with this line "our team has almost always sucked".

So what happens, is you fall into this trap of excuse making, whining and bellyaching. Even though you and the rest of America knows that the edge you would gain from taping signals is negligible, even Madden said something along the lines of "I could have done it but it was too much like work for the benefits I'd gain".

Anyone who's not a total idiot or blinded hater would realize that in a televised game, with 60,000 people in the stands, it'd be pretty hard to really stop someone from taping the signals of the defensive coord if they really want to... that's why they use 'signals'... the problem is, that half the media and fans are blinded haters, because they are sick of seeing the Pats on top each season, they hate BB because he doesn't give them warm hugs... They want a turn. So they whine and blow things out of proportion, and fanboys like yourself eat it up with a spoon because it's what you need to hear.

You aren't an ass for stating your opinion, you are an ass for thinking your opionion is 'the obvious' and for the way you went about stating your skewed opinion.

cardsfanmd on 02-14-2008 at 11:33 PM said:
Dont you guys find it just a little strange that everyonbe on earth who isn't a Pats fan believes that Bill cheated.

At some point you have to face reality. I am a Cardinal fan, I understand and willingly admit that our owner sucks our team has almost always sucked and couldn't even win the damned NFC West this year.

Why do you all have to make me out to be an ass for stating the obvious???????

TrueBeliever on 02-15-2008 at 08:56 AM said:
Not really. The rest of you pathetic little scumbags can't stand the fact that BB figured out a way to create a dynasty in the salary cap era, so of course the first time a disgruntled employee claims BB is a "cheater" of course you're going to jump on it. Everyone hates the successful teams because they're jealous.

Being a Cards fan, I'm sure you're jealous of even the Bengals. :blink:
Wow, good just of making yourself out to be an idiot.

First off, I love how tough little punks get on the computer. I assure you you would never in a million years say that to my face and keep your teeth.

Secondly, you get one small bit of credit for the jealousy one. Misery loves company.

Third, if you were half the educated football fan that you pretend to be you wouldn't say dumb things like "being a Card's fan, I'm sure you're jealous of the Bengals". News flash genius, we beat them in Cincinatti last year and finished with a better record.

Try harder next time please.

cardsfanmd on 02-15-2008 at 08:34 AM said:

First off, I love how tough little punks get on the computer. I assure you you would never in a million years say that to make face and keep your teeth.

Secondly, you get one small bit of credit for the jealousy one. Misery loves company.

Third, if you were have the educated football fan that you pretend to be you wouldn'y say anything dumb like "being a Card's fan, I'm sure you're jealous of the Bengals". News flash genius, we beat them in Cincinatti last year and finished with a better record.

:coffee:

Nobody cares that you guys sucked slightly less than the Bungles last season.. it doesn't take an educated football fan to know that both teams are irrelivent and look to remain that way long into the future.

First time I've seen that "tough punk, I'll punch your teeth" line.. very original.

cardsfanmd on 02-15-2008 at 09:34 AM said:

First off, I love how tough little punks get on the computer. I assure you you would never in a million years say that to my face and keep your teeth.

Third, if you were half the educated football fan that you pretend to be you wouldn't say dumb things like "being a Card's fan, I'm sure you're jealous of the Bengals". News flash genius, we beat them in Cincinatti last year and finished with a better record.

cardsfanmd on 02-15-2008 at 06:34 AM said:

My favorite part was where you talked about "internet tough guys" and then proceeded to make a threat related to physical violence over the internet... Irony can be ironic at times...

:4321:

PatsRUs on 02-15-2008 at 09:09 AM said:
First time I've seen that "tough punk, I'll punch your teeth" line.. very original.

Not to mention he calls me out for "talking tuff" on the Internet, but if this was real life he probably wouldn't walk up to a group of Pats fans by himself and say "Your coach sucks!" either. nutpunch

Sorry to say, the horse was prematurely declared dead. Specter has now enlisted the support of Patrick Leahy to keep this thing whinnying:

"SPECTER PRESSES FORWARD, WITH SUPPORT

Surely, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell hoped that Wednesday's meeting with Senator Arlen Specter (R-Pa.) was the last chapter in a book that Goodell can't wait to finish. For Specter, however, there still are many pages left.

Specter plans to press forward with his investigation of the manner in which the league handled the Spygate scandal. According to Mike Fish of ESPN.com, Specter claims that he has the support of Senator Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.), who chairs the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Specter said that Leahy is "prepared to have the committee pay for people who travel and investigate." While that's a far cry from a hearing like the Rocket-and-Pony show that unfolded this week before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, it's a step toward what ultimately could be a full-blown Congressional inquiry.

In our view, it's important for Specter to show that other Senators are on board with his efforts. As we argued on Thursday, Specter's solo act was at its ending point. Though there are questions that still need to be answered, the mission needs to take root with others in Congress before it can be taken seriously.

Fish also explains (and we can't recall ever seeing this before) that the materials surrendered by the Pats were destroyed in Foxborough by Jeff Pash and Ray Anderson.

Pash's role in this matter is critical, in our view. Pash, you see, is a Harvard-educated lawyer. He practiced for 13 years with Covington & Burling, the firm that still handles the league's work. And any practicing lawyer (even those who went to far less prestigious schools and work for far less prestigious firms) know that the prospect of destroying potential evidence is a serious matter.

Pash's involvement in the destruction of the the evidence surrendered by the Patriots tends to corroborate rumors (we repeat: rumors) that the materials turned over by Patriots coach Bill Belichick included evidence of cheating by other teams sufficiently widespread to give the league office concerns regarding the potential impact of the evidence on the network broadcasting contracts, which apparently contain language warranting that the on-field competition is real.

Again, that's only a rumor. But we believe that there had to be a very compelling reason for Pash to permit the information to be destroyed. A concern that the league couldn't keep the information out of the hands of the media isn't, in our view, anywhere close to the level that would prompt an officer of the court to disregard the kind of common sense that every lawyer acquires at some point during his or her career."

Pash's involvement in the destruction of the the evidence surrendered by the Patriots tends to corroborate rumors (we repeat: rumors) that the materials turned over by Patriots coach Bill Belichick included evidence of cheating by other teams sufficiently widespread to give the league office concerns regarding the potential impact of the evidence on the network broadcasting contracts, which apparently contain language warranting that the on-field competition is real.

Finally, somebody said it. Easterbrook must be busting a gasket.

"destroying potential evidence"????? What crime was committed here? This was private property that had no effect whatsoever on anything the US Senate, the US House, the White House, the Supreme Court, the CIA, the FBI or anyone else has to do with or worry about. Jeezus, this s**t is unbelievable.

I am glad this is happening, gives all these National Enquirer types something to rant over and further proves to the general public that these politicians are not there to make this a better place to live but out to meet and greet athletes over topics that have no right being placed before the SJC

cardsfanmd on 02-15-2008 at 09:34 AM said:

Seriously guy, you are the only one looking like an idiot around here. 35 posts and you're already taking on the E-thug role.

The*Big*Lebowski on 02-15-2008 at 12:20 PM said:
Seriously guy, you are the only one looking like an idiot around here. 35 posts and you're already taking on the E-thug role.
Why on earth would my number of posts on this board have anything to do with whether I choose to let someone call me "a little scumbag" without responding??????????

cardsfanmd on 02-15-2008 at 01:03 PM said:
Why on earth would my number of posts on this board have anything to do with whether I choose to let someone call me "a little scumbag" without responding??????????

You still here? Maybe you'll be in a more cordial state of mind after your good night's sleep :)

cardsfanmd on 02-15-2008 at 01:03 PM said:

Cardsfan,

Look, I think we usually are pretty welcoming with visitors and I, for one, would be glad if you could simmer down a bit and maybe talk a little football, which is welcomed and you seem pretty good at, but your comments about the Pats cheating is the same, old drivel that we have heards hundreds of times this year, so you shouldn't be surprised that things got ugly.

We all know we "cheated".

We also know that it is nothing unusual and the level of pure baloney flying around due to these "stolen signals" is way, way out of whack with the reality of the situation which is that it is a common practice in the league and the only reason SPYGATE is such a big, frigging deal is due to the fact everybody is frustrated that the Pats have continued to do well for years while everybody else has their ups and downs and Mangini blew the whistle on us.

Stick to football and you'll be fine. Keep ranting and you'll be out of here very shortly.

It's that simple.

Hawg73 on 02-15-2008 at 01:29 PM said:

We also know that it is nothing unusual and the level of pure baloney flying around due to these "stolen signals" is way, way out of whack with the reality of the situation which is that it is a common practice in the league and the only reason SPYGATE is such a big, frigging deal is due to the fact everybody is frustrated that the Pats have continued to do well for years while everybody else has their ups and downs and Mangini blew the whistle on us.

Thanks, Hawg. That's about as good a summary of the current state of affairs as I have come across. You realize, of course, that the voice of reason is not heard by the ears of the fanatical. :(

tmack on 02-15-2008 at 02:42 PM said:
Goodell's story doesn't add up. That's what I'm curious about, not further punishment against the Pats (though, I can't say I'd feel bad about it ;) )

I don't think anybody's story adds up...Belichick's, Goodell's, Easterbrook's, Specter's, etc. About the only person I've heard comment that I felt presented a reasonable explanation is Jimmy Johnson.

Hawg73 on 02-15-2008 at 01:29 PM said:
Cardsfan,

Look, I think we usually are pretty welcoming with visitors and I, for one, would be glad if you could simmer down a bit and maybe talk a little football, which is welcomed and you seem pretty good at, but your comments about the Pats cheating is the same, old drivel that we have heards hundreds of times this year, so you shouldn't be surprised that things got ugly.

Stick to football and you'll be fine. Keep ranting and you'll be out of here very shortly.

It's that simple.
fair enough

Hawg73 on 02-15-2008 at 12:29 PM said:

Preach on, Brother Hawg!

What bugs me about the word "cheated" is that IMHO it implies that the Pats won a game or games that they otherwise would have lost if they hadn't had the videotapes of the signals. I find it extremely hard to believe that any team could gain such an advantage from these stupid videotapes. These people make it sound like Belichick was slipping laxatives into the meals the opposing team ate before every game.

You have to give some credit to the players. You can't win the Daytona 500 driving a Dodge Neon.

And frankly, I can't blame BB for looking for any advantage he can find the way the refs routinely screw the Pats eight ways from Sunday. These fools who say "The Pats get all the calls" must not watch many Pats games, because for every bad call that goes our way there are three that go against us.

TrueBeliever on 02-15-2008 at 03:05 PM said:
You have to give some credit to the players. You can't win the Daytona 500 driving a Dodge Neon.

And frankly, I can't blame BB for looking for any advantage he can find the way the refs routinely screw the Pats eight ways from Sunday. These fools who say "The Pats get all the calls" must not watch many Pats games, because for every bad call that goes our way there are three that go against us.

TB agree except for the part about ref calls which I find self-nullifying. From what I can tell, every team in the league has a percentage of fans who are convinced that the league is conspiring with the refs to ensure they lose and the other teams win. They can't all be right but they can all be wrong.

Back