Goodell to hear Brady's appeal

What's interesting is that Troy Vincent, according to the CBA, was not even able to hand out punishment. ONLY Goodell can do that, and he made a point of delegating it.

The CBA grants the Commissioner—and only the Commissioner—the authority to impose
conduct detrimental discipline on players. CBA, Art. 46, § 1(a); id., App. A, ¶ 15. This
express CBA mandate is further confirmed by the “law of the shop.” See Rice Art. 46
Appeal Decision (“Rice”) at 15; Bounty Art. 46 Appeal Decision (“Bounty”) at 4. Indeed,
whereas the CBA expressly authorizes the Commissioner to delegate his authority to serve
as Hearing Officer over Article 46 appeals, after consultation with the NFLPA, it contains
no corresponding provision authorizing the Commissioner to delegate his exclusive role to
impose conduct detrimental discipline to you or anyone else. You have no authority to
impose discipline on Mr. Brady under the CBA, and such discipline must therefore be set
aside.1

Footnote: 1 We also note that one arbitrator has previously found that you, in particular, are unfamiliar with
proper NFL discipline procedures and have no role in imposing discipline. Peterson Art. 46 Appeal
at 7.

I'm quoting from the NFLPA's Notice of Appeal and letter to Troy Vincent.

Also of note in the letter of appeal, for which Comm. Goodell will be presiding over:

Please be advised that the NFLPA and Mr. Brady intend to call both you and Commissioner
Goodell as essential witnesses in the proceeding.
You both will be called upon to testify
about, among other things, the circumstances surrounding the purported delegation of
disciplinary authority from Commissioner Goodell to you in this matter and the factual
basis for that purported delegation. You also will both be required to testify about when
you became aware of the Colts’ complaints about ball deflation and what decisions and
steps were thereafter taken to set up what may have been a “sting operation” to try to
implicate the Patriots and Mr. Brady. The latter conduct would present an additional ground
for setting aside the discipline imposed.

What I heard was that the NFL's New York office conducted a nationwide search, and determined that Roger Goodell was the best qualified, most impartial, and fairest of them all.

:coffee:

What I heard was that the NFL's New York office conducted a nationwide search, and determined that Roger Goodell was the best qualified, most impartial, and fairest of them all.

You're joking right?

They conducted a nationwide search in just a day and came to that conclusion? The plot thickens...

What I heard was that the NFL's New York office conducted a nationwide search, and determined that Roger Goodell was the best qualified, most impartial, and fairest of them all. :coffee:
You're joking right?

I'm sure dchester got the quote pretty much right!

tumblr_l8b7nhVpaY1qzmrleo1_540.jpg

Wow.

That's pretty coincidental.

They just read verbatim the Brady appeal letter you posted quotes from.

On a lighter note, Roger Goodell as arbitrator and Roger Goodell as witness might look something like this.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ikMKJwbMQ_M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You forgot this is the NFL you were talking about...

They hired and independent search firm which paid them millions of dollars and told them exactly what they wanted to hear.

Is it possible Goodell sits in his office crying all day cause Kraft wont take his calls and he's gonna give Brady everything he wants just as long as he talks to Kraft for him?

Just as I suspected, they are afraid to go to a neutral arbitrator because they know what will happen. I think we all know how this is going to turn out. Goodell needs to go.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...brady-appeals-suspension-goodell-to-hear-case

1. Skip Bayless ‏<s>@</s>RealSkipBayless <small class="time"> May 13 </small>
    My guess is that Brady's lawyers, especially Jeff Kessler, will shred the Wells Report and its "more probable than not" conclusion.
  2. Skip Bayless ‏<s>@</s>RealSkipBayless <small class="time"> May 13 </small>
    As I've been saying on 1st Take, Brady's been telling friends he's 100% innocent and will fight this all the way to court if need be.

Back