Gronk Bros web site

I've got no problem with it. Guys who do commercials have a middle man. This just takes the middle man out of the equation.

That song.... sucks. Terrible. Other than that I have no problem with it.

I was going to post this, I think it's hilarious. Gronk's probably my favorite player right now so in my mind he can do no wrong, but I don't know why anyone would have a problem with it. A lot of athletes have websites.

It is kind of tacky, but those are guys are a bunch of goof balls and I think it's more light hearted fun than shameless self promoting

It is kind of tacky, but those are guys are a bunch of goof balls and I think it's more light hearted fun than shameless self promoting
I agree with this. Did anyone catch the piece ESPN did on the Gronks? They are insane and quite funny. I am only guessing but I get the feeling Daddy Gronk is behind this. It came off as though he had been prepping all the boys for this life since they came out of the womb. Their gym in the basement was like a Boston Sports Club.:doh:

Just think...there are 2 more of them to come. Could the NFL really end up with 5 brothers in the same league?

I clicked on the link, heard some loud music playing, and immediately closed the window. No clue what else was on the site, but I won't be going back.

I clicked on the link, heard some loud music playing, and immediately closed the window. No clue what else was on the site, but I won't be going back.

I don't mind the t-shirts they're trying to sell but the Bros are up there hocking their game gloves and cleats as well. That's that I find pretty tacky. Yes, the stuff is theirs and yes, it's free to them, but couldn't they find a better use than stuffing their pockets with free money? I hope I'm wrong and it's donated to a charity but it just seems pretty tacky to me.

I don't mind the t-shirts they're trying to sell but the Bros are up there hocking their game gloves and cleats as well. That's that I find pretty tacky. Yes, the stuff is theirs and yes, it's free to them, but couldn't they find a better use than stuffing their pockets with free money? I hope I'm wrong and it's donated to a charity but it just seems pretty tacky to me.

All that stuff seems to be under something called "Gronk Nation Foundation", so hopefully it is charity. If it is, that should be made more clear.

All that stuff seems to be under something called "Gronk Nation Foundation", so hopefully it is charity. If it is, that should be made more clear.

If it is, then I'm glad I was wrong and hoping as much. If that is the case, like you said, they should make it clearer. I looked for some charity info but didn't see any on the web site.

Eh, not really a big deal. Seems like a partial joke, but even if they are out to make money, I don't really care. If you're a fan and want to own their merchandise then you'll buy it. If you don't think it's worth it, you don't have to.

Check their Twitter accounts, one of them did mention that they want to set up a charity for some of the proceeds from the website. For now, it looks like it's just good old American capitalism.

The site is well designed at least, aside from music.. websites should never play music.. never.. really, don't put music on your website. If you're a musican and need music, design it so a person has to click a 'play' button to hear it.

To each their own. I still think it's tacky.

How is this tacky? Football players have vey small career windows with which to earn a living - careers that could come to a sudden end in an instant due to injury. They're trying to capitilize on their window of opportunity and set themselves up for the future. Is that wrong?

How is this any different than Lady Gaga making money off of promotional products? Let the kid make some money, geesh.

How is this tacky? Football players have vey small career windows with which to earn a living - careers that could come to a sudden end in an instant due to injury. They're trying to capitilize on their window of opportunity and set themselves up for the future. Is that wrong?

How is this any different than Lady Gaga making money off of promotional products? Let the kid make some money, geesh.

And you make your living off them doing that right? Nothing wrong with that but your bias in this is pretty obvious.

And you make your living off them doing that right? Nothing wrong with that but your bias in this is pretty obvious.

If you're referring to the autograph events I've conducted in the past w/ some members of the Pats - then, no, I don't make my living off of that. That was a side-project/venture/hobby that I did while I've always held a 9-5job. I had hopes that it would have led to a supplemental income, but w/ this economy the last few years that never materialized. I haven't done an event since Jarvis Green last year - an event that was 100% for his charitable foundation.

So, no, I don't have a horse in this race. I just don't see why you would begrudge the kid for trying to capitalize on his 15 minutes. Epsecially in a field where you put your body on the line every time you go to work. It is no different than a musician, actor or any other celeb trying to make a living. Is Kevin Faulk being "tacky" when he accepts a sponsorship from Dunkin D's? This is how these guys make sure they're not pumping gas in 10 years. I just don't get the criticism.

Oh, please. The make more in that small window then I wil make in my lifetime. If they can't budget it, that is their problem. I really don't care, but spare me the poor athelete dribble.

If you're referring to the autograph events I've conducted in the past w/ some members of the Pats - then, no, I don't make my living off of that. That was a side-project/venture/hobby that I did while I've always held a 9-5job. I had hopes that it would have led to a supplemental income, but w/ this economy the last few years that never materialized. I haven't done an event since Jarvis Green last year - an event that was 100% for his charitable foundation.

So, no, I don't have a horse in this race. I just don't see why you would begrudge the kid for trying to capitalize on his 15 minutes. Epsecially in a field where you put your body on the line every time you go to work. It is no different than a musician, actor or any other celeb trying to make a living. Is Kevin Faulk being "tacky" when he accepts a sponsorship from Dunkin D's? This is how these guys make sure they're not pumping gas in 10 years. I just don't get the criticism.

It's pretty simple really. He gets those gloves and cleats for free then he turns around, and signs them to collect dough because he's sweated in them. If they went to charity, I'd be fine with it. I find it tacky yet you seem to be doing what exactly;trying to convince me it's not? As I said, to each their own. I'm not saying they're illegal, I'm saying it's tacky. Buy them if you want.

And no, it's not like a musician, actor, etc. They're selling their work. They don't turn around, get free headphone from the record company and then sell them at a huge price and pocket the cash. Big difference. If I did that at work, I'd be fired.

Oh, please. The make more in that small window then I wil make in my lifetime. If they can't budget it, that is their problem. I really don't care, but spare me the poor athelete dribble.

No one is claiming that they are "poor athletes". But I've had the opportunity to get to know several of them. When I was doing autograph events more regularly, people would often ask me why a guy who is millionaire would bother to do an autograph event for a few thousand dollars - people assumed it wasn't worth their time. But what some people don't get is that most of these guys are from low-income families, and when they hit the big-time they end up taking care of their families. And I don't mean just helping out - I mean buying them houses, cars, paying bills etc. And a lot of these guys have large families - they take care of parents, siblings, grandparents cousins. It's the same thing you or I would do if we came in to that kind of money, I'm sure.

I'm not trying to paint a picture that these athletes are owed anything. I'm only pointing out that they have very small windows in which to make a living, they put their bodies and health in extreme jeopardy to do so, and they often have families which they support and will continue to do so for years after football. They need to capitilize on their celebrity while they are poular - because in a few years, the vast majority of these guys are forgotten. I don't begrudge them for that.

Back