Happy Draft Day

AllWorldTE

Reaction score
Happy Draft Day to all you Planet draft niks!!!!!!

All you guys & gals do tremendous work on the board leading up to this annual three day festival of lights and sound and it's appreciated!!!!!!

I go into every year with your posts, rankings, fits and arguments in mind and will do so again tonight! I'd be lost without them!

Many thanks!

Indeed! I feel like it's Christmas, my anniversary and birthday all rolled into 1. So much excitement and anticipation I'm tempering w/ the realization 29 won't be used tonight. I'm good with that actually since I think it's best for team building through value. There's always that possibility a top 20 player BB covets falls to us at 29, but that's not the way to bet.

popcorn

So who are we picking?

:coffee:
I don't know about you guys but I'm stoked! Just heard a rumor that the Jets are trading up to #4 to draft Manti Teao's ex, dead, imaginary internet girlfriend!

I don't know about you guys but I'm stoked! Just heard a rumor that the Jets are trading up to #4 to draft Manti Teao's ex, dead, imaginary internet girlfriend!

Lucky...

The little *** dude? :huh:
Posted via Mobile Device

Happy Draft Day to all you Planet draft niks!!!!!!

All you guys & gals do tremendous work on the board leading up to this annual three day festival of lights and sound and it's appreciated!!!!!!

I go into every year with your posts, rankings, fits and arguments in mind and will do so again tonight! I'd be lost without them!

Many thanks!

You charmer, you :)

Happy Draft Day right back at you, my life must really suck to have this day marked on my calender months ago with a countdown. I just love Football more then other things I guess, this is a great day indeed

BB put out a rumor that he was taking her/him/it and the Jets just couldn't help themselves. :facepalm:

It's the pagan Christmas!
Here's how sick I am, I write the picks down, trades too as best I can, and after it's over I print the full list of who was drafted and keep it in a copy of one of the magazines.

-I am HSanders and I'm a draftaholic.

Here's how sick I am, I write the picks down, trades too as best I can, and after it's over I print the full list of who was drafted and keep it in a copy of one of the magazines.

The first step to recovery is admitting there's a problem. You're well on your way buddy.

Happy Draft Day to all.

I celebrate this holiday the traditional way-- by sacrificing beer to the draft gods.

Just saw this t-shirt in a catalog:

I divide my year into two periods
- Football season
- Severe depression

Yours for only $17.95, plus shipping & handling.

Which reminds me, why would I want my t-shirt handled after it's shipped to me? And why would I want to pay for it? Probably illegal in most states, anyway. Though possibly not in France or Italy.

Dan Pompei (NFP) sums up the conundrum with the defensive prospects nicely:
What has become clear to NFL scouts as the draft draws nearer is this class of prospects is going to separate talent evaluators. On the one side will be those who select players based on the tape. On the other side will be those who select players based on the athleticism and the workouts and the measurables.

This dynamic always is in play. But it seems to many that there never has there been such a divide between the workout athletes and the producers, especially on the defensive side of the football.

“No question, I’ve never seen a year when teams will be forced to either take the athlete or the player,” one high ranking NFC exec said. “Do you want a ready-made guy with limited upside? Or do you want athleticism and upside? It will depend on each team’s philosophy. It’s what every team is battling with.”

There aren’t many defensive players who have great production and great workout numbers. In many cases, the tape and the workout have sent conflicting messages.

The rest is here:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Scout-Talk-1659.html

Back