Has Brady Lost His Mojo?

I know this guy isn't a member of Our Team anymore, or if it's bad manners to discuss players on other teams (except for Random Football News), but our long lost QB has been playing like dog shit for the Bucs. He said he'd retire when he couldn't cut it anymore, but has said he doesn't plan to retire after this season. So whaddya think? Should he bow out now before he craps all over his legend, or is this year simply growing pains of moving to a new team/new coaches/new teammates/new playbook, etc. and he'll be back to playing great again next year? Opinions, please.
:patslogo26:

I remember several years ago some reporter asking arians if he would use a FB in his offense and he said "never". i remember that because i thought it odd a coach would limit themselves that way. let alone publicly.

It would be very difficult to keep paying Brady then have his replacement just sitting there waiting it out. They would either have to dedicate a large amount of cap space for Brady and his back up (which is part of the reason they shipped off Garoppolo), or get lucky in the draft. Cam was basically the next best option considering how little cap space there was.
Why? If we had extended Brady back in 2017 after Jimmy was traded then his contract would have gone through 2021 or 2022 which would have given us a few years to draft and develop a QB. It is not like Brady was asking for a top 3 contract. He went to Tampa for $25 mil a year which is less right now than what Jimmy G is making. He probably would have taken even less as he had been doing since 2013 in exchange for the multi-year extension. That is what he always wanted to be able to play until he was 45. Bill easily could have done it but decided not to AND did not get anyone at the position for 3 years while Brady was 40, 41, 42. Is is the latter part that is unforgiveable in my view. How on earth Bill could leave this team bereft at the most important position while letting the GOAT walk is mind boggling and why he has been getting pummeled by the media this year, justifiably so.

Why? If we had extended Brady back in 2017 after Jimmy was traded then his contract would have gone through 2021 or 2022 which would have given us a few years to draft and develop a QB. It is not like Brady was asking for a top 3 contract. He went to Tampa for $25 mil a year which is less right now than what Jimmy G is making. He probably would have taken even less as he had been doing since 2013 in exchange for the multi-year extension. That is what he always wanted to be able to play until he was 45. Bill easily could have done it but decided not to AND did not get anyone at the position for 3 years while Brady was 40, 41, 42. Is is the latter part that is unforgiveable in my view. How on earth Bill could leave this team bereft at the most important position while letting the GOAT walk is mind boggling and why he has been getting pummeled by the media this year, justifiably so.
you sure do know alot more info they anyone else around here on the situation, who is you inside source? you say bill decided not to, how do you know tom just didnt want to?

you sure do know alot more info they anyone else around here on the situation, who is you inside source? you say bill decided not to, how do you know tom just didnt want to?
Simple. I follow the team. Find me a report anywhere that Bill offered him a multi-year extension after Jimmy was traded. You will find reports of Brady wanting an extension in 2017 and 2018.

Also, don't you think the Pats would have said it to the media the first chance they got, Kraft in particular if they had offered a multi-year deal and Brady turned it down?

Last edited:
Simple. I follow the team. Find me a report anywhere that Bill offered him a multi-year extension after Jimmy was traded. You will find reports of Brady wanting an extension in 2017 and 2018.
clap GIF

Also, don't you think the Pats would have said it to the media the first chance they got, Kraft in particular if they had offered a multi-year deal and Brady turned it down?
maybe brady only wanted 25mil, but maybe he wanted to do what he is doing in tampa and bring in his own guys and call in own offense. maybe bill said no to that. Truth is none of us will ever know for sure so its best to just move on and support the players we do have, Just my opinion.....

It is crystal clear what happened. Yet here we are with the worst QB play of any team save the Jets who are purposely tanking.

BTW, here are some Newton stats for you:
He is currently 27th in QB rating and 23rd is passing yards. Somehow he is also 35 in the NFL in TD passes (4) which means a bunch of back up QBS and random players have more passing TDs. LOL.

Because it's just not in BB's MO to pay for a player who is just going to sit on the bench until he's needed. Also there are 52 other players that need to be paid. There's no point in having 20% of the cap tied to one position.

Also, it wasn't like this was a total catastophre. The Pats won the Super Bowl literally two years ago now. It's a bit ridiculous because people expect BB to perform miracles with limited cap space.

It's funny you pointed that out considering last page you were saying how you were in Brady's head, and he isn't bothered by Arians' comments.

suspicious ned flanders GIF

Because it's just not in BB's MO to pay for a player who is just going to sit on the bench until he's needed. Also there are 52 other players that need to be paid. There's no point in having 20% of the cap tied to one position.

Also, it wasn't like this was a total catastophre. The Pats won the Super Bowl literally two years ago now. It's a bit ridiculous because people expect BB to perform miracles with limited cap space.
Be carful this is a brady thread LOL

That does not make any sense. We are talking about a draft pick at QB. The Packers just took Love in the first round while paying Rodgers who is making way more than Brady was. You can't leave the QB vacant over money. 20% is what you are supposed to spend on the QB position as it is the most critical to the success of the team. In particular when your starter is 40, 41, 42. Bill did NOTHING. He did not extend Brady nor draft anyone or trade for anyone. Apparently he thought Stid might be something until June rolled around and he could get broken down Newton for a million bucks.

This isn't about asking for miracles. This is about being competent as a GM and making sure you have the QB spot figured out with some semblance of talent.

Pfffffft. Who is this Brady guy anyway. The back up qb at Michigan. Be lucky to get drafted in the 6th round. Maybe BB can take a 7th round flyer on him or even get him as a UDFA

That does not make any sense. We are talking about a draft pick at QB. The Packers just took Love in the first round while paying Rodgers who is making way more than Brady was. You can't leave the QB vacant over money. 20% is what you are supposed to spend on the QB position as it is the most critical to the success of the team. In particular when your starter is 40, 40, 42. Bill did NOTHING. He did not extend Brady nor draft anyone or trade for anyone. Apparently he thought Stid might be something until June rolled around and he could get broken down Newton for a million bucks.

This isn't about asking for miracles. This is about being competent as a GM and making sure you have the QB spot figured out with some semblance of talent.
your acting like Adam Gase is our head coach, Jesus let him rebuild for once in 20 years. And to be honest every week this team battles to the end for this man why shouldnt we? I trust his process, and if for some reason the next 3 years suck well then I guess it was a good 20 year run. no one else can say that.

And just to stay on topic so I dont get away from talking about brady. he has lost 3 of his last 4 and the pats have won 3 of 4.

your acting like Adam Gase is our head coach, Jesus let him rebuild for once in 20 years. And to be honest every week this team battles to the end for this man why shouldnt we? I trust his process, and if for some reason the next 3 years suck well then I guess it was a good 20 year run. no one else can say that.

And just to stay on topic so I dont get away from talking about brady. he has lost 3 of his last 4 and the pats have won 3 of 4.
You are conflating two separate topics. I am talking about the QB position as it currently stands and what Bill has/has not done to leave this team in the position it is with the worst collection of QBs in the league. I am sorry but I can't just give him a pass and say look at all those rings! He is too good of a GM and coach to have let this happen. That being said, I am completely on board with having him do this rebuild the next few years if he coaches that long.

In terms of your last point, imagine what our record could be with just average QB play?

Back