HBO's "Game of Thrones"

This season has been amazing from start to finish. My only gripe is that it seems like they really rushed through things. Considering that they're running out of content to work with at such a fast rate, I think they could have drug some stuff out a bit and even added some things that were just left out (LSH). Then they could have easily had enough for two more complete seasons.

An enjoyable season IMO, and better than last for sure.

However, at times I feel like some of the stories get a bit tedious and drawn out. You sort of spend 90% of the season waiting for those few defining scenes, episodes, moments, battles, etc. Obviously that helps keep us watching, but it does bother me at times. Pacing and payoffs aren't always perfectly executed.

But still a great season. I really struggled to enjoy the first part of last season, although it ended strong. This was probably one of the show's best complete seasons. Looking forward to finally seeing what's next now that most of the major players are in their respective positions of power, with winter and war upon them.

So as evidenced by my name, I am a bit of a Number Cruncher... and being that means I tend to breakdown component pieces of things I am interested in and rate them accordingly. When people tell me to "do the math", I usually end up "doing the math". And people think OCD is rough. :)

I've always said my favorite show of all time was Rescue Me, followed closely by Justified, but some co-workers would point out that it was only because I hadn't watched Sons Of Anarchy, so my list was incomplete. So I binge watched SOA and it turned my world upside down. So much so that I decided I had to "do the math" on what the greatest show of all time was/is.

I basically said there are ten categories to rate shows on, ranging from drama, comedic aspects, violence, characters to love, to hate, or intangibles (eye candy), right through how a show wraps itself up. Although everyone's tastes are different, some may prefer the violence, some the eye candy, I decided to go with a "ten point" system. Each of the ten categories would be ranked 1 thru 10, for a maximum score of 100, being a perfect show, in all facets.

Well here are the results, updated after last nights GoT episode.

I have to give my co-workers credit. Sons of Anarchy was outstanding. And it shot up to the top of my list. I was surprised by The Sopranos though. I would have had it as top five, but behind Rescue Me and Justified. But hey, Numbers don't lie,.... right :)

I have GoT right there and who knows, with a great ending, it probably will jump into the number 2 slot, only behind SoA, which again, was incredible.

Anyway, let me know of any show that I should prioritize for my next round of binging.

Add Babylon 5 to your list, with one caveat.

Ignore season 5 except the last episode.

Straczynski was getting jerked around by TNT regarding a season 5 and so he crammed all he initially had in the story arc in the first four seasons.

It wasn't until they were about halfway through filming season 4 that they green lighted season 5.

So season 5 is some what "artificial".

the final episode is the ending he intended from the moment the pilot was filmed.

Jon had already been born by the time Ned brought Dawn up the tower. In fact it sounds like during the battle is when he was born. So technically he was born above a bleeding star.

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

I'd say that some sort of a representation of their solar system.

Yes, it's called an orrery.

armillary.gif

This season has been amazing from start to finish. My only gripe is that it seems like they really rushed through things. Considering that they're running out of content to work with at such a fast rate, I think they could have drug some stuff out a bit and even added some things that were just left out (LSH). Then they could have easily had enough for two more complete seasons.

We saw what a good director can do. Hopefully we get some type of all star mix. Sapochnik, Graves, Bender, Nutter, Van Patten, Minahan would be great. 2 each and D/D/Grrm do one. Last season felt rushed and off. I think since all the pieces are in place everything will feel somewhat "fast".

It looks like 73 is it with possible 30 mins or hour added if needed. They are dying to end this is and really sold HBO on the idea of a beginning, middle and end.

1)How Mad will Cersei go? No children, no reason to stop blowing shit up.

2) Dany finally headed towards the throne looking unstoppable.

3)NK waiting and ready with a huge army and magic. Benjen said there's magic in the wall. What's happens if it comes down? Is something in it or hidden in it?

4) Euron. He'll certainly try to form and alliance with someone(s)

5)Jon, Sansa and LF.

6) Jon and Dany meeting?

7) Sam

8)Arya

9)The Hound and BwB

10)R+L=J public reveal in Westeros?

Shit load more I'm sure I'm forgetting? Dead Mountain babies?

WEISS: I don’t think of the Night King as a villain as much as, Death. He is not like Joffrey, or Ramses. He’s not really human anymore. To me, evil comes when you have a choice between that and good, and you choose the wrong way. The Night King doesn’t have a choice; he was created that way, and that’s what he is. In some ways, he’s just death, coming for everyone in the story, coming for all of us. In some ways, it’s appropriate he doesn’t speak. What’s death going to say? Anything would diminish him. He’s just a force of destruction. I don’t think we’ve ever been tempted to write dialogue for the Night King. Anything he said would be anticlimactic.

Kind of big news.

Another thing I noticed during the finale but really stopped me during my re-watch. Lyanna Stark whispers to Ned what her babies name is. And it's not Jon. Or sure as he'll doesn't sound like it and granted I'm not the greatest lip reader. Sounds like Jacaerys? Familiar name if you read the books. also appears to tell Ned something else to tell him. Something about his father?

I'm willing to bet we get Rheager flashback in the future.

Alan Taylor:
Jeremy Podeswa
Matt Shakman
Mark Mylod

Season 7 directors

Shit load more I'm sure I'm forgetting? Dead Mountain babies?

That was something I was wondering about and was surprised didn't get much buzz. Cersei told Septon Unella that she wasn't going to die...yet. That led me to believe that Frankenmountain was going to have his way with her first leading to a baby Frankenmountain which would have to be about the worst thing imaginable to any woman.

Wow, what a way to end the season. Fantastic episode with excellent soundtrack.

That was something I was wondering about and was surprised didn't get much buzz. Cersei told Septon Unella that she wasn't going to die...yet. That led me to believe that Frankenmountain was going to have his way with her first leading to a baby Frankenmountain which would have to be about the worst thing imaginable to any woman.

LoL I feel like a terrible person for acknowledging it but as you pointed out, kinda obvs? Yeah that's how I took it. I mean he was on her like it was promised. Took his helmet right off and wasn't messing around lol.

I'm good with Podeswa and Love that Taylor is back. Mylod is kinda disappointing but maybe he gets it together. Then a new guy, Shakman. What do you think? Maybe all the big battles and fight will happen during 8 and that why no Sapochnik or Nutter?

Wow, what a way to end the season. Fantastic episode with excellent soundtrack.

I thought the music throughout was great but the finale was just amazing. Especially the first 20 mins , brilliant! I think they submitted that episode for costume design and maybe cinematography ? The clothes were also on point. Cersei, Ms Lannister if you're nasty!

Another thing I noticed during the finale but really stopped me during my re-watch. Lyanna Stark whispers to Ned what her babies name is. And it's not Jon. Or sure as he'll doesn't sound like it and granted I'm not the greatest lip reader. Sounds like Jacaerys? Familiar name if you read the books. also appears to tell Ned something else to tell him. Something about his father?

I'm willing to bet we get Rheager flashback in the future.

According to an expert lip reader on Reddit, after repeated viewing of the scene in question, she states that in fact his name is Jacaerys, and he is house Targaeryn.

My question now is: Who told Jon Arryn?

We can assume Howland Reed knows about this, but no one else.

One of the attendants could have spread rumors but there has never been a hint about it from any of the usual suspects who are aware of such things (Littlefinger and Varys).

I am guessing at some point he's going to show up and let Jon know, and perhaps provide some convincing proof to others. Or maybe he'll tell Dany and she'll recruit Jon to ride Rhaegal.

According to an expert lip reader on Reddit, after repeated viewing of the scene in question, she states that in fact his name is Jacaerys, and he is house Targaeryn.

My question now is: Who told Jon Arryn?
Who told Jon Arryn what?
Jon's real name is really kind of irrelevant to the plot. We know that he's Lyannas son and 99% sure that the father was Rhaegar. His real name is more of a curiosity to fans than an important plot point. What will be important is how they will provide proof to his paternity to the rest of Westeros.

Who told Jon Arryn what?
Jon's real name is really kind of irrelevant to the plot. We know that he's Lyannas son and 99% sure that the father was Rhaegar. His real name is more of a curiosity to fans than an important plot point. What will be important is how they will provide proof to his paternity to the rest of Westeros.

Bran figure out some way to mind meld or something to show people that event.

Who told Jon Arryn what?

I don't think it's irrelevant but I see you're point. Anyway yes proof or something like that, a reveal from Reed or Bran is what's needed. I thought there was a decent chance we would see the crypts and there could be something down there. A letter from Rob or someone? Also they definitely led the audience to believe Benjen has info from the last convo him and Jon had. We better get more Benjen next year regardless. Even if it's only another few scenes. More Uncle Coldhands!

I thought the music throughout was great but the finale was just amazing. Especially the first 20 mins , brilliant! I think they submitted that episode for costume design and maybe cinematography ? The clothes were also on point. Cersei, Ms Lannister if you're nasty!
Indeed, Djawadi's compositions have been brilliant throughout but this episode, in particular was pure brilliance.

Agree on the design also.

Back