HBO's "Game of Thrones"

Jon and his clan should just go to dragon island and let the White walkers conquer everything and build the weapons of dragon glass. When the Waite walkers approach dragon island they'll be slaughtered and will move on to other areas. Then once there's only White walkers left go out and conquer them using the dragon glass. The end

Daenerys looked so small and vulnerable right before the dragons head appeared and fired a shot at Jamie. Good digital effect. Good moment.

Question

That Lannister soldier that Jaime and Bronn were talking to, is that Baratheon's blacksmith bastard son?

Question

That Lannister soldier that Jaime and Bronn were talking to, is that Baratheon's blacksmith bastard son?

I'm having a hard time thinking of who you're talking about. Was it Dickon? The one that Bronn laughed at when he heard his name? If so, he is Sam's brother and the other one is their dad.

I'm having a hard time thinking of who you're talking about. Was it Dickon? The one that Bronn laughed at when he heard his name? If so, he is Sam's brother and the other one is their dad.

latest

I was referring to the dude on the left in this picture. The one Ned Stark went to see when he was The Hand thinking it was Robert's boy.

Also, Melisandre at one point had leeches suck his blood so she could burn it.

I guess his name is "Gendry". Davos helped him escape in a boat a few seasons ago, and haven't seen him since.

latest

I was referring to the dude on the left in this picture. The one Ned Stark went to see when he was The Hand thinking it was Robert's boy.

Also, Melisandre at one point had leeches suck his blood so she could burn it.

I guess his name is "Gendry". Davos helped him escape in a boat a few seasons ago, and haven't seen him since.

Oh yeah, I knew that was who you were talking about. Just wasn't sure which Lannister soldier you were talking about.

It's moving so quickly. The dragon scene was awesome

Was a great episode, Bronn basically being Bruce Willis in die hard!
Tyrien commenting on Jamie at the end was classic .

OK, I have to issue an official "murmurs" on the geographic aspects of the last few episodes.

Look at the map.

739872a4c7a7cda839b8c19098018b2c--westeros-game-of-thrones-map-of-westeros.jpg

OK, so first we had Danny's Pyke fleet split in two. One part was taking the Unsullied to Casterly Rock and the other part went to Dorne to pick up their forces to take them to place King's Landing under seige.

Now, it would have taken some time, a few days at least to load that whole army, so assuming the Unsullied sailed at the same time from Dragonstone (and why wouldn't they), they would have a few days head start on the Dorne contingent.

Next we have Cersie's Pyke fleet annihilate the Dorne transport portion while enroute to King's Landing

That would have to have taken place somewhere between Sunspear and Massey's hook.

So how the frack did they get to Casterly Rock a few hours after the Unsullied to destroy that fleet?

Next we have last nights episode.

Two problems.

First, where were the Dothraki before previous episodes?

Presumably at Dragonstone.

OK, so just what ships did they use to transport them to the mainland? How many of Danny's Pyke fleet was left after the Dorne and Unsullied disasters?

Second, assuming they Gloucester fishermen hidden away, just where did they land?

They needed to get around King's Landing and into The Reach to intercept Jamie's army.

I find it ludicrous to think that the Lannisters didn't have scouts along the shore of Blackwater Bay keeping an eye on things to let them know if Danny was coming.

So how did they avoid them?

The further they sailed down the coast, the longer it would take to get there.

There are so many timelapses I'm just ignoring them. Who knows when what army left dragonstone...

This episode was awesome, but I could do With the very hollywoodish survival of both Bronn and Jamie(I'm assuming we will se them both alive in the next episode)

So, who was it that knocked Jaime into the water? Can we assume that it was Bronn? Who else have you got? Dickon, maybe?

Watching it a few times you couldn't tell anything other than it couldn't have been Tyrion (it was normal sized person) even though he was anticipating the dragon turning his brother into a cinder.

As an aside, we have all grown accustomed to CGI, but, at times, the organic and artistic look and feel of the dragons and the entire battle scene was loaded with realistic-seeming detail.

It really was visually stunning, particularly if you are a fan of watching folks in armor getting flambe'd.

Was a great episode, Bronn basically being Bruce Willis in die hard!
Tyrien commenting on Jamie at the end was classic .

I was really surprised that Bronn came through. Just watching him running around the battlefield I thought he was just trying to save his own hide and get the hell out of there.

So, who was it that knocked Jaime into the water? Can we assume that it was Bronn? Who else have you got? Dickon, maybe?

Watching it a few times you couldn't tell anything other than it couldn't have been Tyrion (it was normal sized person) even though he was anticipating the dragon turning his brother into a cinder.

As an aside, we have all grown accustomed to CGI, but, at times, the organic and artistic look and feel of the dragons and the entire battle scene was loaded with realistic-seeming detail.

It really was visually stunning, particularly if you are a fan of watching folks in armor getting flambe'd.

The dragon is definitely some great CGI, but the part that really impressed me was the overhead shot of the Dothraki charging into the Lannister army through the flames. Damned if it didn't look like a real army on real horses being filmed from a drone. The flames, the horses, the movements of the army...everything looked 100% real.

I think the real genious is the blending of the CGI with live action...especially the movement. I wonder what the model was for the dragon's biology and movement. I'm thinking bats. If you watch a bat in slow motion, I can see how they could map that onto the dragon in the show.

Back