Here's a stat for you pre and post Edelman injury

Roberto71

Reaction score
3rd down conversion pre Edelman injury, 50%....

3rd down conversion post Edelman injury, 32%....

That's an incredible difference when you think about it. And stats like that feed into BB's decision to kick first in a situation like Sunday when the offense really was not firing in pass or run.

We talk about Gronk and he is indeed invaluable. But Edelman is right up there as well. With those three main guys back, Gronk, Edelman and Danny and supported by the likes of LaFell, Martin, Bolden and White on screen passes and a decent run game, this team changes dramatically.

We know all this of course, but we've a lot to look forward to when these guys come back from injury. And pray that the O Line is capable...

Losing your most consistent wideout is of course going to disrupt things. But if it was only edelman and not most of the online, a pass catching running back and another wideout, it probably would not be that drastic. Edelman is very important but we could survive if he was the only loss.

They've also had limited contributions from Amendola at the same time, but the effect of losing Edelman doesn't really surprise me. I think the fact that LaFell hasn't filled in more is the most surprising.

One has to think that next year's team is going to devote more cap space to wide receivers. What free agents will be available?

Edelman is important because his quickness to get open in .5 seconds. And yackittysackofshit knows this. Bronco fans see him as MVP since he kills them in almost every game since he started

They've also had limited contributions from Amendola at the same time, but the effect of losing Edelman doesn't really surprise me. I think the fact that LaFell hasn't filled in more is the most surprising.

One has to think that next year's team is going to devote more cap space to wide receivers. What free agents will be available?

CapSpace=$1,428,390 ‏<s>@</s>patscap <small class="time"> 1m1 minute ago </small>
Lafell's 2016 cap information

Signed thru 2016

3.675m cap hit.

2.675m cash.

1m dead money if cut/traded

2.15m net cap savings if cut/traded

To get the discussion startet i'll name Kenbrell Thompkins :)

Randle, Jeffery or Sanu could be viable options.

That being said i'm satisfied with what we got. When Jules returns Amendola get covered by their no 2 instead of no 1, and so on. We get our best reciever back and everyone else will have softer coverage.

Despite the outcome of the game against the Jets, Martin seems to be developing fairly well.

Despite the outcome of the game against the Jets, Martin seems to be developing fairly well.

He sure does. Tom is hitting him on his routes so he's doing his homework and gaining the trust.

LaFell is playing better as well, he's starting to make those yards after the catch we all know him for......and he seems to have cured his dropsies. Hopefully we'll see him getting more passes.

He sure does. Tom is hitting him on his routes so he's doing his homework and gaining the trust.

LaFell is playing better as well, he's starting to make those yards after the catch we all know him for......and he seems to have cured his dropsies. Hopefully we'll see him getting more passes.

Martin will be a free agent. (I found a list online).

LaFell was invisible against the Jets.

Back