Here's what I'm thinking of doing; join me if you want

Steve1

Reaction score
I call complete bullshit on what the NFL and the media is doing to the Patriots and us Patriots fans. So I'm seriously thinking of:

A. Not watching or listening to the Superbowl. Therefore, if I actually don't watch the Superbowl, all those NFL NBC Westwood One, etc., advertisers won't be getting Any of my attention. And if all of the New England TV's are not watching the game, I think that would piss off quite a few businesses and advertisers. I believe one man (or woman) can start a trend that can make a difference. Even if it seems 'pie in the sky'.

B. Also not buying the newspaper the next day, win or lose. Again, the loss of revenue to the media, if we don't watch, listen to, or read about the Superbowl would be significant.

If we band together, we can make this statement asap. I mean tomorrow. How I'd make that statement, I'm not sure. (I wouldn't sit on the expressway!). This shit is reaching critical mass. The NFL isn't going to announce anything until next week anyway, because hell, league offices, lawyer's offices, etc., will be closed for the weekend. I'd seriously think about doing some kind of internet blitz tomorrow during the bad weather, to get the NFL's attention.

I'm not saying I'm definitely going to do this, but I'm thinking seriously of it. It all comes down to money....the bundles the NFL and the media are going to make off the SB. Or not make, from me anyway.

It's too bad, but they're are starting to sicken me. I'd like to thank whoever started the thread about the Patriots running game, because that's the type of thing I'd rather think about, pertaining to the Patriots. 2 pretty fine teams, going at it fair and square. And I truly believe the Patriots have a great chance of winning an honest SB.

Anyway, that's what I wanted to say.....

The only time I watch a SB is if the Pats are playing.
I can't recall the last time I bought a newspaper.
I agree there needs to be a Revolution! Joking. Really, I am!

Yeah. Sorry. I'm watching the Super Bowl.

Yeah. Totally watching. It's my team, so there's no way I wouldn't.

And I don't really watch ESPN / NFLN or much sports media in general as it is. I also already have a policy of not clicking on bait click links from anti-Pat mediots, etc. Although now I'm sort of wishing I was already doing those things, so that I could now officially withdraw my support in protest of this bullshit, but...alas.

Yeah, and I'll add that I can always watch the game on the internet on NFL Rewind anyway. There are no commercials.

I get the frustration, but I'm watching this game. Period.

If you want to make a statement to the NFL there are probably other avenues available to you than blowing a chance to see your team make history when the act of not watching in protest is basically a bucket of piss in the ocean and you probably realize that on some level.

Write an angry letter, cancel your subscription to RedZone, chain yourself to a barrel outside NFL headquarters if you must, but back off the ledge and watch your team win a 4th fvcking Super Bowl, Steve.

You know I'm right. You are too good of a Patriots fan to not watch this game.

All due respect....

Yeah, you aren't missing that game. Just delete any ESPN apps, don't visit their web site and relax.
Totally understand your sentiments however.

Yeah, you aren't missing that game. Just delete any ESPN apps, don't visit their web site and relax.
Totally understand your sentiments however.

I hear you guys. But in me, right now, it's getting to that point. And it would figuratively kill me to not watch the game.

Yeah, screw espn.

I hear you guys. But in me, right now, it's getting to that point. And it would figuratively kill me to not watch the game.

Yeah, screw espn.

Look....their game is to make you upset. To piss you off so much you can't change the channel and call your friends to say "You wouldn't believe what this idiot on ESPN just said". It's a tactic to enslave viewers into being afraid to turn away or they might miss a train wreck.

The best thing any of us can do is train ourselves to recognize when we're getting worked by a pro and don't let it get into the central nervous system.

Let them rant all they want and then let the window-lickers of america do deep knee bends in the pickle patch while gossiping about what the talking head du jour just said.

Decapitation is a sure cure for acne -- Frank Zappa.

Look....their game is to make you upset. To piss you off so much you can't change the channel and call your friends to say "You wouldn't believe what this idiot on ESPN just said". It's a tactic to enslave viewers into being afraid to turn away or they might miss a train wreck.

The best thing any of us can do is train ourselves to recognize when we're getting worked by a pro and don't let it get into the central nervous system.

Let them rant all they want and then let the window-lickers of america do deep knee bends in the pickle patch while gossiping about what the talking head du jour just said.

This x 10.

I still remember the day I realised I'd been watching helicopter coverage of a car supposedly containing Aaron Hernandez driving around for approx 3 hours. That was the moment I knew something had to change.

So another words, I just have to rise above the bullcrap, be more mature about it, understand the nature of what is going on, and not embrace it, but take the bad with the good, and still enjoy the good....I like that advice. Yeah, I think my medulla oblongata (brain stem) was going into reptile mode lol....time to use the cerebrum...and just watch the circus with amusement. Thanks everybody, I'll try to take that to heart. At least you know how I feel....

Success is the best revenge.

I am just hoping for a colossal beatdown of the Seahawks so I can watch our team go ape shit in the confetti shower as we hoist the trophy. (I am making secret signs as I write this so as not to foul up any karma.)

Then I'll be making all kinds of really grown up, sophisticated NEENER NEENER posts.

:)

:pat::pat::pat::pat::pat::pat:

Watch the game. You only get so many trips to the superbowl. You'll regret it.

Back